It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck: Prepare For The Worst (Must Watch)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
David, star and flag for you but now you have alerted us to what is wrong and what may happen what are you going to do to stop it or put things right. It is all to easy to see what is going wrong the bigger problem is to correct it before it happens but how does one leap onto the racing train when its heading for the bridge thats not there?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
Reply to David:

You are making claims that since he is in it for the money, we should not take anything he says serious.

If I am an "entertainer" (as you call it), but I told everyone the truth on my talk show about the cure for cancer, should I be dismissed too since I will only be making more money since there will be more viewers?

Your logic is flawed.

I would rather tell the truth and get paid rather than tell the truth and be poor. But, that is just my view of him.

Hmmm? where is this topic? do you offer any cures?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Why don't you provide some evidence of your view?
If you can't your just being a mis-informant, troll or whatever fits.
In that case you can just go away as you are disturbing the thread with off subject matter.
If you do, welcome, I am more than glad to take your view into concideration and maybe get to learn something.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Ah, excellent question and you realize you are opening a can of worms.
(thanks everyone for putting up with my sillyness)
One word- PREPARE.
Get a notebook and start writing down everything you think you need.
I headed each page with things like, finances, food, tools, weapons, etc.
then went from there.
Get your finances in order! Pay everything down fast as possible. Pay with cash. If you dont have the cash, dont buy it. Way too much to go into here. I'll throw up a few sites to get you started. Learn self sufficiency. Look at the most likely scenario you would face in your immediate situation and area and go from there.
Learn what you can now off the web, parts may crash eventually.
www.backwoodshome.com
www.motherearthnews.com
www.survivalistnews.com
www.survivalblog.com
(If the links don't work, just copy and paste into browser)
Think of food as an investment, it is definately usually cheaper now and easier to get than it may be in the future! Start thinking about surviving a week, then as you become more prepared, think a month etc and pretty soon you'll be stocked up for a year or more! Start learning how to grow herbs and vegetables right in your kitchen in small pots to start learning about watering, soils, amendments, different seeds, etc...
Put in a garden even if you are in the city!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just an interesting side note, Beck states that he was warning of Bib Laden in 95 how so. Bin Laden only became known to the CIA in 95 and the UN in 96 and as far as I am aware the CIA don't publish their work in the local press. So how could Beck have been warning the US about him?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Formation and structuring of Al-Qaeda
By 1988, bin Laden had split from Maktab al-Khidamat; while Azzam acted as support for Afghan fighters, Laden wanted a more military role. One of the main leading points to the split and the creation of al-Qaeda was the insistence of Azzam that Arab fighters be integrated among the Afghan fighting groups instead of forming their separate fighting force.[48] Bin Laden returned to Saudi Arabia in 1990 as a hero of jihad, who along with his Arab legion, "had brought down the mighty superpower" of the Soviet Union.[49] However, during this time Iraq invaded Kuwait and Laden met Sultan, Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, and told him not to depend on non-Muslim troops and offered to help defend Saudi Arabia. Bin Laden was rebuffed and publicly denounced Saudi Arabia's dependence on the US military. Bin Laden's criticism of the Saudi monarchy led that government to attempt to silence him.

link

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Why wait till 2014 when all this is happening now?
Prepare for it now not in five years time as it has already began.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that this thread has devolved into a sort of struggle of ideologies. If you don't agree with the things being posted here that is absolutely fine, as we all have our own opinions and agendas. However, as has been previously said, if you don't have something constructive to add to the conversation, than you should kindly BUTT OUT. Accusing people of "paranoia" and the like does nothing to further a topic that is obviously important to some of us here. By all means, join the conversation, but check your ego at the door because none of us really cares what you have to say if all you're going to do is try to bring other people down with your "holier than thou" attitude. Heard it all before, feel free to go somewhere else and exclaim that we are all jumping the gun. Most of us here obviously have all of the information and evidence that we need to think that this is a very real threat, a not unlikely possibility, so unless you have some cold hard information that might make us think twice, get lost.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

You are right. Some places are more progessed than others.
Some towns are actually doing good for the moment. But, it will not last and they will be taken more by surprise than the areas that started feeling it since Sept.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Thank you so much! I get kinda put off by it too.
Nothing chases me away faster than this attitude.
I had to learn to check mine at the door and still try to
drag it in with me all the time!
I just get disgusted with the outright thievery that rules this nation,and I let it spill out sometimes.
We are all unsure of the future and this alone creates some short attitude fuses.
Its hard when you dont see eye to eye with someone, but you need to realize that is also where our richness lies! They may have a perfectly legitimate reason for feeling that way! This may be only how we achieve true enlightenment eventually! Think about that!

At least we can help our fellow Americans and learn a thing or two also about living a civil existence with compassion and respect for all others no matter what race, religion, or whatever.
Obviously, I've got my own issues with this I need to deal with.
Thanks to you all, I can hopefully grow and learn and come to more of a complete understanding. Just by talking about this, it is extremelly important and helpfull you all hopefully realize!
Hey as long as you dont poop in my wheaties, I'll won't in yours!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Aw man, this was just disgusting to watch.

Burning the american flag, scenes of violence followed by a ridiculous 'what if' of complete financial meltdown. This # is just making it WORSE! Media organisations should be carefully trying to promote confidence in the market, not completely destroy it. We should be discussing a world with a recovered economy, better economic conditions (albeit with lessons learned). This should be the focus, the end-goal, not this complete and utter fear-mongering bull#.

People should refuse to become debilitated by the fear being spread, it solves nothing!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
J2000, yes I know all that but that is what we found out after 9/11 not before so again how did Beck know or his he just lying? Before 9/11 the name Bin Laden was not in the popular press so no one ecept thsoe within inteligence circles knew anything about him.

He was recognised some time ago as a potential for the CIA and others but that was not popular knowledge.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Easy Tiger

I would argue the media is no longer trying to perpetuate a message of "fear," similar to that observed after Sept. 11, 2001...

...but now, a message of revolution and mob rule against a tyrannical government.

While i find it interesting that Fox News would air a "war room" type program that answers what-if scenarios, I found it great to watch. The scenarios weren't all that far-fetched at all. Glenn Beck has been quite passionate about educating listerners of worst case scenarios for the past couple months.

I'm glad Fox News hasn't squelched his desire to share his opinions with listerners about what is coming, what may be coming, and what we might expect.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Easy Tiger

I am sorry and would love nothing more than to agree with you. In normal times I would wave that flag with you.

BUT,
Anyone with a calculator can see that there is no way out without hitting a bottom so deep, that it's never been there before. No not even in the 1930's.
Actually there is one easy way out with no more pain.
But I really doubt the Rothschild's are just going to erase all the debt they hold on the world. Even thou most of it is just air. We believe it's real, so it is.
It is better to prepare for the worst and not have a shock and be left out in the cold.

How many know that even if you have your house payments up and would have no problem paying, they can call in Notes due in 30days?
Who are you going to borrow that money from? A bank? They control all of them.........

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Really he was in the news.

The following text is a fatwa, or declaration of war, by Osama bin Laden first published in Al Quds Al Arabi, a London-based newspaper, in August, 1996. The fatwa is entitled "Declaration of War against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places."

pbs

The U.S. alleges that from 1992 on, bin Laden and other al Qaeda members targeted U.S. military forces in Saudi Arabia and in Yemen and those stationed in the Horn of Africa, including Somalia.

In October 1993, 18 U.S. servicemen involved in the U.S. humanitarian relief effort in Somalia were killed during an operation in Mogadishu. Their bodies were dragged through the streets.

Bin Laden was indicted in 1996 on charges of training the people involved in the attack and in a 1997 interview with CNN, bin Laden said his followers, together with local Muslims, killed those troops.

link

[edit on 21-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Just one more for 1993. Glenn Beck is the type that will dig for all the right information and has a good sence of insight to see what could be coming.
This is why, Gerald Celente has spent so much time with him. If you don't know about Gerald Celente, please look him up, I am getting finger cramps from searching and typing.
You can take most anything that Beck and Celente tell you and find it. They are straight arrows. They don't have to fake it to be entertaining, they have that kind of passion for our country. That's why Fox has not clamped down on him, and Mr. O'Riely is getting pissed.
The Glenn Beck program is starting to pull in ratings better than Mr. O who is number one on all the news ratings.

December 6, 1993: Bin Laden Gives First Interview to a Western Journalist

link

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I think I can help you on this one.
I at one time, was a professional race car driver. It's called turn hard left and do a 180. It scares the crap out of you. You think your going to either hit the wall or go over it into the abiss.
But if you listen to the real veterans who have studied that track and that corner, you should get it going in the right direction.
But, I'll tell you what, there is nothing like the feeling when you go into it hard, don't lift and it cuts right around.

I would share the story of why I had to give up racing, but it would defeat the purpose of the analogy.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

FASCINATING!

I spit my water out when I saw Glenn Beck, on Fox News, hold up a Liberty Dollar.. then to have his guest pick it up, ask if it was made of silver, and declare it "worth something" while calling the American Dollar Worthless.

Literally put a smile on my face..

Good job posting this David!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Why don't you provide some evidence of your view?
If you can't your just being a mis-informant, troll or whatever fits.
In that case you can just go away as you are disturbing the thread with off subject matter.
If you do, welcome, I am more than glad to take your view into concideration and maybe get to learn something.

I'm just fed up with the blame game, the gunslinger mentality, and the selfishness. A huge drive toward unselfishness is what will change the world for the better. Too simple.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by j2000

I'm just fed up with the blame game, the gunslinger mentality, and the selfishness. A huge drive toward unselfishness is what will change the world for the better. Too simple.

That would be nice. Yes it is simple.

The problem we are faced with, is the part that they don't say in this video. Although they have said it previously they did not this time.
There is something bigger which most people don't see that is driving all this. The most greedy, sick bastards on this planet. They have the power, because we gave it to them. The message this time was to wake up. The next messages will be more clear to the anwers as to how to take this power back.
It gets tough to see from this one time what Beck and Celente and a couple of the others are trying to do. They gave it a shot last month with no response, no reaction, nothing. We cannot move forward without remove this power we gave away.
Once we take it back, and it's divided amongst very many, then it cannot hurt us.

Sorry if this sounds broken up a little, but I want to assure you, that a few of us. Not all, but a few have no ambition beyond fixing what got broken 96years ago.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by j2000]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join