It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United American Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm sick of and tired of how divided our great nation has become. Americans need to realize that its is not about Republican against Democrat. It's not about red states and blue states (as i've said many times before). We are the United States.

Our federal government has it in their heads that we're "cowards", that we're going to lay down and take the up-coming depression laying down.
They have been openly taking jabs at the average American's best interest and we have been powerless to stop them.

I'm starting a new "political party". I need help getting it out to the people. The UNITED AMERICAN PARTY is being born today.

This "party" is my answer for Americans who are tired of traditional politics. Our political stance will be raw and independant of traditional party issues UNTIL we have restored our constitutional rights as FREE PEOPLE.

This "party" is non exclusive. If you're tired of the way your elected officials have been treating the people who have elected them, then this is where you belong. Democrats and republicans and independants and liberals.... if you're tired of seeing your country roll downhill then it's time to support each other. If we offer fellow americans direct support on the issues that are effecting us all then we cut the elected officials out of the picture.

Every one is losing their jobs and TPTB havn't made any cutbacks. They all have rediculous government salaries while the rest of the country suffers. I'm tired of it.

The primary goal of the UAP will be as follows.

• Reduce the House of Representatives from the current 435 members to 218 members and Senate members from 100 to 50 (one per State). Also reduce remaining staff by 25%.
  • Do this over the next 8 years. 2 elections, 2 votes.

Some yearly monetary gains include:

$44,108,400 for elimination of base pay for congress. (267 members X $165,200 pay / member / yr.)

$97,175,000 for elimination of the above people's staff.
(estimate $1.3 Mil in staff per each member of the House, and $3 Mil in staff per each member of the Senate every year)

$240,294 for the reduction in remaining staff by 25%.

$7,500,000,000 reduction in pork barrel ear-marks each year.
(those members whose jobs are gone. Current estimates for total government pork earmarks are at $15 Billion / yr)

The remaining representatives would need to work smarter and would need to improve efficiencies. It might even be in their best interests to work together for the good of our country?

We may also expect that smaller committees might lead to a more efficient resolution of issues as well. It might even be easier to keep track of what your representative is doing.

Congress has more tools available to do their jobs than it had back in
1911 when the current number of representatives was established. (telephone, computers, cell phones to name a few)

Note:
Congress did not hesitate to head home when it was a holiday, when the nation needed a real fix to the economic problems.
Also, we have 3 senators that have not been doing their jobs for the past
18+ months (on the campaign trail) and still they all have been accepting full pay. These facts alone support a reduction in senators & congress.

Summary of opportunity:

$ 44,108,400 reduction of congress members.

$282,100,000 for elimination of the reduced house member staff.

$150,000,000 for elimination of reduced senate member staff.

$59,675,000 for 25% reduction of staff for remaining house members.

$37,500,000 for 25% reduction of staff for remaining senate members.

$7,500,000,000 reduction in pork added to bills by the reduction of congress members.

$8,073,383,400 per year, estimated total savings.

Big business does these types of cuts all the time, just like they are doing right now America!

If Congresspersons were required to serve 20, 25 or 30 years (like everyone else) in order to collect retirement benefits there is no telling how much we would save. Now they get full retirement after serving only ONE term. Which is a load of Bravo Sierra.

IF you are happy how the Congress spends our taxes, then just don't reply to the thread. IF you are not happy, then I assume you know what to do.

Together we can make this happen America. UNITED AND FREE! This will be the primary proposal of the new party. If this proposal should fall upon deaf ears, then we'll be the ones that spearhead the 2nd American Revolution.

Jefferson and the other men that founded our country DID NOT MIX WORDS. Revolution is essential in a free democratic republic.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sign me up!

You're spot on with your ideas, well from my point of view you are.

I flagged this.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'll go you one better.When Congress first started meeting,it was for specfic purposes.They would meet and work out the budget,or maybe vote on a tarrif.Congress was never meant to be a full time job.Congresses true purpose was to be Reactive,not Proactive.They were meant to address problems as they arose,not create problems for them to make new laws for.

I am so relieved when Congress is out of session.At least I know they aren't screwing something up.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Full support from me for your idea, we need more parties to have a true government.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Starred, flagged and an applause. (Maybe two. My system crashed when I applauded you the first time) And that's the first time my system has crashed in years.

What kind of Mojo you got going here?

The thought and work put into this always excites me. It's why I love this site.

Thank you for this contribution.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thank you for the posotive responses. I'm currently working on some videos to spread through youtube. I will post the raw uneddited footage in the media section. Any one know a good free editing program?

If this strikes chords with any one feel free to spread it around.

All I ask is that credit is given to the author. The more people who read this or watch the videos soon, the better. Thank you every one.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
/signed

I agree with the OP 100%

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
Thank you for the posotive responses. I'm currently working on some videos to spread through youtube. I will post the raw uneddited footage in the media section. Any one know a good free editing program?

If this strikes chords with any one feel free to spread it around.

All I ask is that credit is given to the author. The more people who read this or watch the videos soon, the better. Thank you every one.

try looking here

www.pcmag.com...

[edit on 20/2/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I was having some trouble puting the raw clips up on ATS media. So here is the cut together Youtube version. Actually i didn't edit anyhting out I just pasted everything in sequence. Watch the whole thing before you make any coments. If you agree with me the please feel free to pass it on...... So here it is:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Good video! I fully support your ideas.
Thought of making a website yet?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well you got balls I'll give you that.

Your ideas are in the right direction.

The way to put life into this is from the bottom up.

Leave the Billionaires out of it.

Leave the professional politics out of it.

And damn sure, leave the Bankers out of it.

There something unusual, a star for all!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A few more concepts that may also help. Just my personal thoughts mind you.

-Outlaw the lobbying of any nationally elected official, to in any way lobby or curry favor with an elected official is now a Felony.

-Make it a law that all elected officials can only receive ter salaries, no monies from any other sources. The ONLY income that will be legal for an elected official will be his givernment salary.

- All nationally elected officials will face trial when their term expires. Compel them to explain themselves, their actions, their votes in the senate, whatever. If you are found "capable" you can run for re-election if you wish, if you are found otherwise, you are now a private citizen looking for employment.

- All companies who would ship jobs overseas will be taxed at a prohibitive rate, either you manufacture it here, or you pay through te nose, or whatever orafice would be the most painful.

- If the auto industry needs a bailout, make the oil companies foor the bill. They have teamed up against the public good for long enough, so the oil companies record profts can bailout their co-conspirators, the car coomnpanies.

I have many more, but I just thought I would throw a few out there so I don't get flamed too much..

-peacd

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by uaocteaou

Those are all some very helpful ideas.

It's very important that this (if possible) is built from the ground up. This is about the people, not the officials. The only way it works is from the ground up, my friends.

j2000, they're made of brass, brotha. With the way things are looking right now, we may never have the time to organize and make any sort of plea to the people. It seems they make things worse every day. The recent news going on with the Tex/Mex border is pretty intense. And if they NG sees combat, things are going to change a lot faster than most of us think.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm bumping this thread in leu of writing another.

My OP still applies and would probably be a good way to save some americans form the hardships facing us in the future.... For some this would be considered Radical, and I agree.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and times are desperate. I hope that my message may reach more of you especially in this time of American uncertainty. Real change can only start from the BOTTOM and work its way UP. The changes being imposed on us from the top, down, are NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE.

Please for those who never got to see this thread, read it carefully. My numbers are legit as of the time that this was posted, so there may be some slight discrepancies.

Hopefully more of the members here realize how serious of a situation we're all in, and that MORE ACTIONS LIKE THIS NEED TO BE TAKEN AND PUBLICIZED FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION.

top topics

join