It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights: The Massive UFO Flyover of Arizona-March 13, 1997 12th Years of Retrospect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I didn't realize this but it makes too much sense.

I was a witness to the "Stephenville Lights" I thought this was a poor name also

1) I wasn't in Stephenville but 3 hours away to the NE
2) What I witnessed was a fiery chariot like a controlled shooting star, when it entered in our atmosphere it changed into something that had no bright lights too it, but instead I saw a transparent red glow around this huge lightless object that cast across the sky.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sequoyah
I was a witness to the "Stephenville Lights" I thought this was a poor name also

Seems like you may want to post Stephenville sighting information in one of the Stephenville threads, here's one of them:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is about the Phoenix lights sighting in 1997.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If it is a military craft of some kind employing fantastic silent propulsion technology, I really hope it's America's and not another nations... Another nation having the capability to sneak in silently undiscovered by radar is one hell of a tactical advantage, especially when delivering nuclear weapons to their targets.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

I agree. The Aviation Week researcher in the UFOhunters clip I posted seems completely convinced that the USA definitely has huge solid hull helium filled craft, and heck, Lockheed has a patent on the stealth blimp on public record! So there's not too much doubt in my mind such a craft is in our arsenal of secret technology.

Now whether or not it was one of ours seen over Phoenix, is anybody's guess. If the air force thought it was from another country, my guess is they'd be trying to shoot it down instead of going out on a flare dropping exercise. But if it was from another solar system, well they might not want to shoot it down given that if they have the technology to travel from that distance, they might be able to kick our butts.

So if we have a big neutral buoyancy aircraft, and such an aircraft was seen in our skies, thinking it might be ours is a little bit like adding 2+ 2 and getting 4, it seems logical. But there's no guarantee that's what it is. That video is so bad for all I know it might just be some planes with their lights on flying in formation that was perceived as a delta. I saw a video in South America where exactly this happened, the planes flew in formation and people interpreted the sighting as multiple lights on a bigger craft. That's why I said I wish we had better video so we could tell if there's really a solid object there or not, I can't tell from the video that was taken.

The interview with Fife Symington at the end of that UFO Hunters clip was interesting, where he said the air force didn't deny it was ours, they just said "no comment" which he found pretty interesting. Well I'd rather have them say "no comment" than claim it was swamp gas.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The one in Illinois was so obvious it's apparent they weren't trying to keep it a complete secret, if that's what it was. You assume that if it's secret they don't want anyone to know about it. That may not be a valid assumption. If you have some kind of secret craft with hovering capabilities that can secretly deliver a huge payload of troops and gear in complete silence to a battle location, they might actually want some awareness of this capability to leak out as a deterrent.

So in your opinion, they'd not only risk lives by flying a stealth vehicle over populated airspace, but possibly hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars in technology if thing crashes into a commerical aircraft? And they'd do this for hours at a time?

And I don't agree at all that they would let anything leak out as a deterrent. Why would you tip your hand to anyone? "We have this stealth blimp you know.." I don't think so. At least, it wouldn't fit with any past developments.

It's about as ludicrous as people claiming we are flying these in foreign countries! Testing them over other nations? Are you kidding me? Let's risk giving them superior technology, AND starting an international incident at the same time, kill two birds with one stone.

Finally, even our "silent" aircraft are pretty damned noisy. I've yet to hear about a completely silent, huge aircraft in our arsenal. Even blimps have some noise, there is a motor after all. It would require extroidinary power to keep something aloft that is huge, but remain 100% silent.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
..It's about as ludicrous as people claiming we are flying these in foreign countries! Testing them over other nations? Are you kidding me? Let's risk giving them superior technology, AND starting an international incident at the same time, kill two birds with one stone.

Fleabit - its been posted before on these forums but heres a pretty interesting (and relevant) statement about that by Nick Pope from the British Ministry of Defense:

"We were asking the Americans, 'Are you operating a prototype aircraft in our airspace?' That, of course, was nonsense. You simply would not do that from a diplomatic and political point of view. It would undermine the entire structure of NATO if you were putting things through someone else's airspace, particularly a close ally, without seeking the proper diplomatic clearance. But we had to ask. And the Americans, having had similar reports, I guess, since the Hudson Valley wave [New York state, mid-1980s], had been quietly asking us if we had some large, triangular shaped object that could go from 0 to Mach 5 in a second. Our response was that we wished we did. This was the bizarre situation: that we were chasing the Americans, and the Americans were chasing us."

Nick Pope - Head of the "UFO desk" at Air Secretariat 2-A, British Ministry of Defence from 1991-1994

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Hey you don't have to believe it and I'm not sure I do, but it seems like a distinct possibility to me, compared to some of the alternatives.

I'm not sure why you guys are talking about foreign countries, the theory was this delta craft flying over Phoenix could be US military, that's domestic, not foreign.

And since it's unidentified, no matter who or what was flying that craft over Phoenix, we don't know what their intentions or motivations were whether it's military or aliens. So you can ask why would the military fly over Phoenix? Why would the Aliens fly over Phoenix? We wouldn't have the answer to either of those questions so the fact that we can't say why the military did it doesn't make the other explanations more likely unless we can say we know why they did it, and we can't.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The best review of these events, including lots of eye witness interviews is the movie by James Fox 'I Know What I Saw'. This is available on YouTube here:

I Know What I Saw

WG3

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join