It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lights: The Massive UFO Flyover of Arizona-March 13, 1997 12th Years of Retrospect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

Direct eyewitness of the "Large V-Shaped" craft which cruised the skies of Arizona (and else where) back in 1997, AKA "The Phoenix Lights," reflects on the incident and how it has affected his life:

As we near the 12 anniversary of what is commonly and erroneously labeled the Phoenix Lights, in retrospect it’s difficult to believe so much time has passed; it seems as if it were only a couple of years ago that my wife and I witnessed the “Massive V-Shaped Craft” from our then home in Chandler Arizona; for almost 4400 days that image has been seared into my mind’s eye. I still vividly remember the entire sighting, which occurred at 8:30 pm MST. I’ve been told on many occasions that over time, thoughts and memories fade and total recall starts to diminish. Well, not this one!

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Cheers, Frank.....

I was unable to witness this, even though I was living in Phoenix then...I was out of town, on a trip.

Correct me if I'm wrong....the vehicles sighted, at first, were over NorthWest Phoenix. Reportedly huge, silent triangular objects, moving slowly.....blocking out the stars, thus their shape could be discerned.

F-16s were scrambled from a nearby AirBase.....forget the name, off the top of my head....it is West of Phoenix, North of I-10.

Anyway, AS I recall (and this is MY opinion...) a determined 'distraction' was mounted, to the South West.....THESE are what have been labled the 'Phoenix Lights'.

Guess what.....the area to the South and West (looking over South Mountain, if you know the Phoenix area) incorporates an 'MOA'....for pilots, they will recognize that as a 'Military Operations Area' on their WAC, or Sectional charts. OR, on the Jeppessen Enroute charts, as well.

Near Tucson, is another active Air Base....and this MOA could be utilized by ANY military group that wishes to activate.

Anyway, again....the 'lights' were over there, to the South West.....I have seen the videos over and over and over.....and what I saw, was distraction. A bit of illusion....flares with parachutes!!!

It was the US Gov't, mis-directing again!!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
James Fox, the maker of Out of the Blue is making a new documentary Beyond the Blue and part of it will focus on the Phoenix lights and show never before seen footage and witness accounts.

Check out his webpage for news on the release of the new movie and watch a clip from Larry King where he talks about his new movie and what it entails.

www.outofthebluethemovie.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Mornin' WW,

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Cheers, Frank.....

I was unable to witness this, even though I was living in Phoenix then...I was out of town, on a trip.

Correct me if I'm wrong....the vehicles sighted, at first, were over NorthWest Phoenix. Reportedly huge, silent triangular objects, moving slowly.....blocking out the stars, thus their shape could be discerned.

Actually, the first sightings didn't take place in Arizona at all.

F-16s were scrambled from a nearby AirBase.....forget the name, off the top of my head....it is West of Phoenix, North of I-10.

Witness reports indicate first F-16's were scrambled in the late afternoon.

Anyway, AS I recall (and this is MY opinion...) a determined 'distraction' was mounted, to the South West.....THESE are what have been labled the 'Phoenix Lights'.

The flares were dropped almost right at 10:00 pm above and slightly behind the Estrellas.

Guess what.....the area to the South and West (looking over South Mountain, if you know the Phoenix area) incorporates an 'MOA'....for pilots, they will recognize that as a 'Military Operations Area' on their WAC, or Sectional charts. OR, on the Jeppessen Enroute charts, as well.

Near Tucson, is another active Air Base....and this MOA could be utilized by ANY military group that wishes to activate.

Which has been the claim according to MANG.

Anyway, again....the 'lights' were over there, to the South West.....I have seen the videos over and over and over.....and what I saw, was distraction. A bit of illusion....flares with parachutes!!!

To this day, most don't realize, that although the videos were of the flares, the thousands of witnesses that came forward (of the eight o'clock hour) didn't see that event . . . they couldn't! What they witnessed was completely different.

Richard Motzer (of MUFON) was the first to discern this anomaly. He was also the first one to "triangulate the video footage" and determine that the footage was indeed that of "flares" (at 10:00 pm).

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Excellent article by Mike Fortson. I do agree the name of the incident should be changed to the Phoenix Boomerang or Phoenix Triangle. The author was quite correct in the story being told and the video of the later flares being brought in to confuse most of the public. I will admit it even confused me for the longest time.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Good Day KF!

Originally posted by kidflash2008

Excellent article by Mike Fortson. I do agree the name of the incident should be changed to the Phoenix Boomerang or Phoenix Triangle. The author was quite correct in the story being told and the video of the later flares being brought in to confuse most of the public. I will admit it even confused me for the longest time.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Sadly the flare videos and media attention to "them" continues to confuse the lay person to this day!

Ironically, the last source to assist in muddying the waters was "The UFO Hunters"; the episode devoted to the "Phoenix Lights" was one of their worst yet!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Agree! I'll bet if our news came only from old time print journalism, we would have had an artist's rendition of the triangle/boomerang, instead of the lights. Modern media needs a visual to carry the story, and they went with the lights.

Also, the Phoenix lights of Dr. Kitei are often confused with the March event, so three stories and their spin off stories abound.

Frank, a big thank you for this thread. I read the article. And, yes, that UFO Hunters episode was bad.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I agree, FW!!!

'UFO Hunters' severly dissappoints!!!

More obfuscation, it would seem.....

EDIT....I am really the WORST typist!!!

[edit on 2/22/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Pretty simple, imo.

Huge objects.. sighted north AND south of Phoenix. Between that, flares are dropped in a triangle array. It's not rocket science. It is a pretty slick bit of disinformation tho.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Good FB,

Originally posted by fleabit
Pretty simple, imo.

Huge objects.. sighted north AND south of Phoenix. Between that, flares are dropped in a triangle array. It's not rocket science. It is a pretty slick bit of disinformation tho.

Reports of Large V-shaped craft came in from coast to coast; re Arizona, they were seen all over the state.

The flares were dropped above and slightly behind the Estrellas.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Check this out I think it adds some new light to this.

Video of the event:

New National Geographic Show/Series on the craft:

channel.nationalgeographic.com...-Overview

edit* Trying to fix link...

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Smell The Roses]

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hey Frank,

I actually contributed my personal account of the Phoenix Lights on your website last year. Let me know if I can be of any assistance once more...I'm always happy to help!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
Check this out I think it adds some new light to this.

Video of the event:

The clips in that video aren't labeled well at all so some of it I'm not sure who took it and from where, but I can say the vast majority of it looks like what weedwhacker calls the "distraction. A bit of illusion....flares with parachutes!!!"

So I'm not sure how that sheds any more light on it.

Originally posted by weedwhacker

There was only one really poor quality video that I've seen of the actual delta object over Phoenix a few hours before the flares, and I didn't see it in that video compilation, probably because the quality was so poor it was really hard to see anything.

But this site may shed more light on the subject than the video which is mostly showing the LUU-2 illumination flares:

Investigation Casts Light on the Mysterious Flying Black Triangle

NIDS researchers contend that these type vehicles are lighter-than-air, blimp-style craft of the U.S. military's making. Likely powered by "electrokinetic" drive, the lifting body-shaped airships have been skirting the skies from perhaps the early to mid 1980s.

Kelleher said that military may well be ready to take the wraps off the black triangle vehicles. The Illinois case, for instance, has been built on hours of public views of the mystery airship. "That's not exactly stealth mode. It's inevitable that it will be declassified," he said.

L. Scott Miller, professor of Aerospace Engineering at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas, said the idea of a large, still-classified airship floating about is on the mark.

"I do think that a large airship, with a heavy lift and other mission objectives, has been built," Miller told SPACE.com.

Miller is also a distinguished lecturer of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), and specializes in black aircraft and the world of secret flight...

"Lockheed has shown a great deal of interest in airships for many years. The real question is whether the Department of Defense has committed to buy and use such machines," Miller said.

"Estimated to be 600 feet long and 300 feet wide, with a height of 40 feet, the Black Triangle could weigh as much as 100 tons."

Miller does take issue with the NIDS study's view of a black triangle's propulsion. "Interesting, but I'm not sure it is necessary," he said.

"Each sighting requires a great deal of analysis. A witness's perceptions of speed, acceleration, and size are likely of very little value," Miller said. "I have taken an approach of first identifying needs -- or mission requirements -- and technology availability. Then I compare those with the cold raw, simple facts of a sighting, not the conjecture or guess work of a witness," he said.

A BBD or "big black delta" was also seen by lots of police officers over Illinois and in other cases too, quite a few cases.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
interesting article (part 2 ? ) posted recently on Frank's website

PHOENIX LIGHTS:
"Everyone Knows the 5 videos Shot Around 10PM on March 13, 1997, Are of a High Altitude Flare Drop . . ."

www.theufochronicles.com...

[edit on 25-2-2010 by easynow]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It would be great if this type of event happened now as almost everyone and their grandmother own some kind of image and video capturing device as we would have an enormous amount of imagery to process and go over. It's also interesting to note how the media over and over keeps driving home the flares that were dropped at around 10pm, instead of covering the fact that enormous amounts of witness's saw the massive V shaped craft earlier in the night at around 8pm.

So many people who have no connections with each other who are reporting the exact same details of the craft is one heck of a good case; one of the best there is.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
It would be great if this type of event happened now as almost everyone and their grandmother own some kind of image and video capturing device as we would have an enormous amount of imagery to process and go over.

Lots of people had cameras back then too, that's why we have so many shots of the flares. But only one person shot the earlier delta craft and unfortunately you can hardly see anything in the video. If we had as many films of the delta as we did of the flares, we might have some good footage to look at, I'm kind of disappointed all the good footage is just of the flares.

But yes lots of people see those big black deltas.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Do you have a link to that not so good video of the delta shaped craft? I would love to see it...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Am I the only one who made the connection between this event and the Heavens Gate Cult? That crazy guy was talking about how a UFO was in the tail of Hale Bop and the day after they all killed themselves, the lights appeared in Pheonix. Coincidence, or something more?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I've always considered the triangular stealth blimp theory to be ridiculous. Not only has this thing never surfaced, why in the world would the military test a stealth vehicle over cities? There is a reason places like Area 51 exist. To test these things WELL out of the way of cameras, video, other aircraft, and the public. I doubt these things have transponders and well hmm.. they are stealth vehicles, yet they would test these over cities with air traffic, that probably doesn't even know they are there? Not only is it unsafe, it's stupid, as if it crashed, well, so much for it being much of a black project.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
Do you have a link to that not so good video of the delta shaped craft? I would love to see it...

I had to look for it, 99% of the Phoenix videos are of the 10pm flares, this is claimed to be the only known video of the earlier V- or delta shaped craft seen between 8:15-8:45pm, at 40 seconds into this clip:

UFO hunters stated that there are no known videos of the earlier sighting, so I don't know if that is because they dismiss this one, or they just weren't aware of it, I suspect the latter as the UFO hunters investigation was pretty sloppy.

Originally posted by fleabit
I've always considered the triangular stealth blimp theory to be ridiculous. Not only has this thing never surfaced, why in the world would the military test a stealth vehicle over cities?

UFO Hunters discusses the secret military craft here:

I agree it's only a theory. But your objection to testing is off base, they would be way beyond testing by now, they would be fully operational. I agree the initial testing was done in secret, but now that they are operational it's beyond testing.

The one in Illinois was so obvious it's apparent they weren't trying to keep it a complete secret, if that's what it was. You assume that if it's secret they don't want anyone to know about it. That may not be a valid assumption. If you have some kind of secret craft with hovering capabilities that can secretly deliver a huge payload of troops and gear in complete silence to a battle location, they might actually want some awareness of this capability to leak out as a deterrent. I'm not sure that's true either of course, but I'm just saying if you're going to speculate about what the motivations are, you have to open the speculation up to different possibilities, not just one narrow view that fits a predetermined bias.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Arbitrageur]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join