It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Benn's interview with Saddam Hussein 4th February 2003

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Historic Interview by British Politician Tony Benn with Saddam Hussein. In an attempt to avert the upcomming War Tony Benn asks the questions raised by the UK and the USA. Saddams answers to the questions are VERY intriguing and it is no surpise that this interview was all but buried as the rush to war gathered Momentum.

Tony Benn's attempt to avert the War ultimately failed as was to become clear that the desire for War was inevitable. The day after this interview Colin Powell went to the UN and lied through his teeth but convinced the World of the need for War. Powell now says his speech was a BLOT on his reputation!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Excellent post setfree, starred and flagged. I remember at the time, Benn's trip was considered by some here in the UK, as close to treason.

So many people have have forgotten the manipulation of public opinion at the time, prior to the war - the media talk of WMDs and the supposed Iraq enrichment programme (sound familiar?). The dissenters were labelled 'sceptics' and belittled by the media. Blair and the White House stated that Saddam was an international threat but one million dead Iraqi civilians put Blair and Bush in the same category.

All fuelled by 9/11. Stinking lies and murder on a grand scale.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
He was very astute and knew exactly what was going on. what happened? A b****dy big oil pipe now goes directly from Iraq to Israel. Its so obvious its disgusting.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thank you for posting these. I haven't seen them before and I thought I had seen everything from the time. This is remarkable. I also recommend reading Saddam's letters dated from 9/11 to his death. It is important to know the complete and unadulterated truth.

new topics

top topics

join