It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Home Invasion Turns Into Shootout

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
im waiting for the people to come in from the tucson rancher thread to say that the suspects should sue the homeowner for emotional distress.

where are you cowards now?

WHAT in the world does a homa invasion robbery with guns have to do with a few WOMEN walking in broad daylight on someone elses land? Huh? Since you chose to link two absolutely disparate events, you now can defend such nonsense.

The rancher abused his authority, he had NO right to assault women and kidnap them. He had no right to hold anyone for trespassing, as a jury decided. The rancher is a moron, he is a former cop( no wonder) who was just itching to have some action and cause some trouble; he got it!

Home invasion is a TOTALLY different thing, so far removed from the reality of the situation that for you to link it was silly. It is like comparing day and night; nonsense. I hope you can find a better analogy than that; you really showed a remarkable lack of vision in that comparison...one has ZERO to do with the other.

I suppose you would compare a pot smoker with a heroin junkie...after all, its all illegal conduct, right? Ridiculous. find a real comparison or give up.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86

im waiting for the people to come in from the tucson rancher thread to say that the suspects should sue the homeowner for emotional distress.

WHAT in the world does a homa invasion robbery with guns have to do with a few WOMEN walking in broad daylight on someone elses land? Huh? Since you chose to link two absolutely disparate events, you now can defend such nonsense.

The rancher abused his authority, he had NO right to assault women and kidnap them. He had no right to hold anyone for trespassing, as a jury decided. The rancher is a moron, he is a former cop( no wonder) who was just itching to have some action and cause some trouble; he got it!

Home invasion is a TOTALLY different thing, so far removed from the reality of the situation that for you to link it was silly. It is like comparing day and night; nonsense. I hope you can find a better analogy than that; you really showed a remarkable lack of vision in that comparison...one has ZERO to do with the other.

I suppose you would compare a pot smoker with a heroin junkie...after all, its all illegal conduct, right? Ridiculous. find a real comparison or give up.

*snip*. he did not hold only women, he held MEN AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT. ALL OF THEM WERE ILLEGAL!! meaning "criminal" because they were breaking the law. he did not KIDNAP them, you are just a liberal that gives more rights to the illegal than the actual american citizen. he held them until the border patrol came to arrest them *snip*.

BOTH INCIDENTS ARE HOME/LAND INVASIONS. *snip*

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Swatman]

Mod Edit: to remove insult directed at a fellow member.

Please review the following in order to prevent future action against your ATS account:

Civility and Decorum are Required

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

*Please do not alter or remove this text*

[edit on 2/21/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wow Good for him.
If he wasn't armed he and his family would have been yet another statistic of crime in America. Those guys are lucky they didn't die from lead poisoning!
Good for him.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame

Had he taken cover behind the car he probably would have killed the home owner. Good for all he didn't...

[edit on 20-2-2009 by TheDarkFlame]

A car is not cover. A car is a death trap. Get the hell away from a car during a firefight.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I thought this would be a "real" home invasion not a dispute between drug dealers (speculating). I am relieved that it was not a "real" home invasion tho because the savagery the gunmen showed was very extreme for a random act of violence.

Thank the creator i am a American citizen with RIGHTS. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in other parts of the world where the NWO have brainwashed the citizens to love there servitude. It's OK tho Obama will make it all better by Taking your guns away so only the criminals have them. I get so angry now days at peoples utter idiocy & total ignorance to the world around them, it enrages me greatly.

also i have to just LAUGH OUT LOUD at the Illegal aliens trying to sue the Rancher

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Bringer]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Thats funny!! So he held men also? That makes it worse!! I guess he should get a medal for not discriminating against who he points assault rifles at and detains...all while he has NO IDEA who they are. HOW did the rancher KNOW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the immigration status of these people was in question? Does he have a computer and run their names? If not, how does he know?

He knows because anyone who is not lilly white, who looks' mexican' are fair game for ASSUMING the worst. Thats what he did, assume.

Calling me names shows that the depth of your argument is so shallow that you must resort to side steps in order to convince...it doesn't wotk.

The rancher assumed...the rancher assaulted...the rancher illegall detained...the rancher had a fair trial by a jury of AMERICANS, his peers, and they found him liable. I bet you will next say that the jury was composed of only illegal Mexicans who slipped thru the system...unreal.

There is NO COMPARISON between the story of the home invasion and the rancher, and your attempts to do so have failed.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Notice those cameras did not do one thing to deter those guys.
It is false security.

The deterrent factor kicks in if they try to take him to court. No he said I said. At least in sane states. How are they going to mug him in court?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Home Invasions have become a crime of choice in recent years because of the pervasive presence of security cameras in Banks and Convenience Stores. Its just too risky to do Armed Robbery the traditional way. Anyone with significant assets at home should at least protect themselves with cameras...if you don't have the balls to shoot back, at least have evidence to send them away.

And put in a dummy system so when they take the tape, they are had anyway!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

The Rancher did have a right to detain them because he saw them breaking a law, trespassing on his property.

The court did not rule that he illegally detained them. The court ruled that he used excessive force with, i believe, 4 counts of assualt and "emotional distress".

He did have a right to detain them. Its citizens arrest.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by XTexan]

Glad to see this situation in Tuscon turned out the way it did. Could have been very bad if that guy had not been armed

[edit on 21-2-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I had seen this on Fox news where local law enforcement was being interviewed about the incident.

They implied this was spill over from the conflict in Mexico and that illegal immigrants were involved.

They also implied that the home owner had a history involved in the mess.

The official was not real clear on anything though, mostly vague responses. He did not make the homeowner out to be a hero at all though.

[edit on 21/2/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yeah, it seems something slightly fishy there to me. He reacted awful fast to them showing up...within seconds. That doesn't seem to be a typical home invasion. I feel like the criminals usually will not call a. to let you know that they're coming. He seemed to know that they were coming, and he was waiting for them with a gun.

Think of your average home invasion. Firstly, I'm sure the average robber would prefer that the victim is not even home. These criminals seemed to know that he was home, and they came armed to the teeth.

I would guess the average home invasion would go more like someone barging into your house, possibly with a gun or multiple guns, and catch you completely unaware. You're stuck now, even if you have DO have a gun, are you just wearing it around on your hip all the time? Perhaps you have kids, or sometimes kids may come over, or even guests, I guess you just always have the gun on your hip just in case? It seems that a large majority of gun owners are safety conscious, and that is why they have the weapon in the first place; protection. Following that logic, they often have their guns somewhere safe, such as a gun safe, and maybe even having a gun lock on the trigger.

So either this guy that was defending his home is pretty unbalanced and is always looking out his window with his gun in his hand just in case, or there is more than meets the eye going on here. You see them run and jump out of the car, and all 4 of them don't even get out of sight before they're running away as they're being fired up.

This doesn't sound to me like the average homeowner realizing they are under attack, running to get their gun from wherever it's stored, and then defending themself. He seemed to be ready and waiting with his weapon when they pulled up.

Just my .02

*EDIT* Typo

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Pimpish]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

i agree its fishy however, in this video they say he was in his garage when they pulled up. (perhaps they followed him home]
www.youtube.com...

and when he saw that he retreated into his home blocked the door and grabbed a gun. also the angle seems to change on the tape so its unclear if they edited the amount of time between when they left the car and retreated under fire. maybe they edited out some time spent in the garage to keep just the "action" parts?
BUT the video does say that this particular homeowner isnt necessarily an innocent victim.
but retreating into the house and grabbing a firearm isnt unheard of. i can retreat from my garage and retrieve 3 different weapons within seconds as well. but i wouldnt need to cause i carry concealed everywhere i go.

and im not even a drug dealer.. haha

something interesting in the video i posted though is that they state that this IS some spillover from the drug war going on in mexico !!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
No doubt i support the second ammendment, but this video looked to me like a some kind of gang war, like the homeowner definantly knew they were coming. why else would he be strapped and ready for a shootout? We need to uphold the constitution and uphold our right to bear arms, if we don't, then the criminals will be the only ones with the guns. that is if the NWO dosnt have us ALL under control by then.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hey!!! Check out this link!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interested in gun rights?? I just found this thread that is talking about a new bill in MY home state to INCREASE our rights!!! In one of the most liberal states in the Union!! This is the first time Ive seen anything posted about positive gun laws in my state, AND IM EXCITED!!!! CHECK IT OUT!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Azgard123

This man has locked-n-loaded he gets my full approval.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SideWynderbut the dog did get him good, she actually, litterally ripped his left testical off..

[edit on 21-2-2009 by SideWynder]

That made me laugh so hard that I almost blew one of my own

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
I want to know how in hell he reacted so quickly? Was the homeowner sitting in a rocking chair with a gun in his lap waiting to be robbed...three cheers for insanely fast reaction time.

Two cheers for security cameras!

Answer: there are some of us out there who ALWAYS expect trouble. Maybe it just follows us, and we get used to it, I dunno

Anyhow, I've always got a firearm within arm's reach at home. Got an AK-74 clone sitting next to me right now, at my desk, one up the spout and 30 little brothers in the wings.

Reaction time is frequently enhanced by preparation.

nenothtu out

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Years ago, I helped train cops at an academy in Virginia. During a question-answer session, I asked one of the cops, who was there for his yearly "in-service" training, if he yhought he could actually shoot at a live person. Without hesitation (I liked that) he came back with that age old saying that it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. It's as true now as it was then.

nenothtu out

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by LLoyd45

Don't get me wrong there is a pro side to it as well, it's just that owning a gun is a privilege, not a right, just like having a car license.

This is where I have a problem, because if everyone is carrying, there are going to be a lot of innocent people being shot mistakenly.

Also, regarding home invasion, an instance like this one here I have no issues with:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

WRONG! Or maybe you don't live in the US. Here, it is a RIGHT, not a "priviledge". Furthermore, it has been rcognized for centuries, and enshrined in the Common Law before the US even existd, that the right to self-defense is an inherent right of all human beings. It's only in the last 30 years or so that some folks have allowed that "right" to be devolved into a "priviledge", subject to licensure. Just because folks don't insist on exercising a right, does not mean that it ceases to exist.

nenothtu out

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bringer
I thought this would be a "real" home invasion not a dispute between drug dealers (speculating). I am relieved that it was not a "real" home invasion tho because the savagery the gunmen showed was very extreme for a random act of violence.

Thank the creator i am a American citizen with RIGHTS. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in other parts of the world where the NWO have brainwashed the citizens to love there servitude. It's OK tho Obama will make it all better by Taking your guns away so only the criminals have them. I get so angry now days at peoples utter idiocy & total ignorance to the world around them, it enrages me greatly.

also i have to just LAUGH OUT LOUD at the Illegal aliens trying to sue the Rancher

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Bringer]

Nearly all of the "random acts of violence" that I've witnessed - and there have been several - were characterized by their "extreme savagery". That's mostly how I could tell they were acts of violence...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join