It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Home Invasion Turns Into Shootout

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You carry a handgun they'll carry an automatic

Have you ever fired a gun before? A handgun is just fine. No need to make ridiculous statements such as they will get automatic weapons when you only have a pistol. Those cases are very low and you really don't need an automatic weapon in order to mug someone in an alley. A knife or pistol would work great.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

You're missing my point, carrying a gun a knife or whatever is not going to stop people from mugging you. It will deter some, yes but others will alter their strategy, they may carry bigger guns, get around in bigger groups or shoot you in the back just so they can rob you.

This is what I'm getting at.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I am pretty sure it has been working for over 385 years. In all honesty I do not stockpile my guns because I'm afraid of someone busting into my gated community, killing off the security force and breaching my house; It's because of the government and what it might do.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You also got to remember most thieves do it out of necessity or desperation so nothing is going to deter them.

Nothing is going to deter them? Well, our brilliant criminal minds in the video seemed to be awfully DETERRED as they were running for their lives!

See, this video is an excellent example of how these kinds of people operate.

THEY HAD SUPERIOR NUMBERS!! THEY HAD SUPERIOR FIREPOWER! AND THEY RAN AWAY FROM THE HOMEOWNER LIKE ROSIE ODONNELL FROM THE SALAD BAR AT IZZYS PIZZA!!!!

Criminals will prey on the weak, soft targets that dont appear to be a threat to them. Why shouldnt they?? It makes their jobs much easier and less dangerous, AND there are plenty to choose from.

Tell me, if you were going to rob someone, would you go for a 250lb dude with a bulge in his coat that looks like a consealed pistol? Or the BMW driving, meek looking guy with glasses, and a peace tattoo on his calf? This is my point.

But speculating on what is actually happening in this video, when NONE of the details are known about why this was happening, is dangerous.

For all we know, the homeowner had molested these guys little cousin, and they were coming for justice???? We wouldnt quite feel the same now, would we. So lets save the cheers until all the facts come out.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

I have no problem with someone protecting their home.

IMO it's a different kettle of fish.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx

You also got to remember most thieves do it out of necessity or desperation so nothing is going to deter them.

Nothing is going to deter them? Well, our brilliant criminal minds in the video seemed to be awfully DETERRED as they were running for their lives!

THEY HAD SUPERIOR NUMBERS!! THEY HAD SUPERIOR FIREPOWER! AND THEY RAN AWAY FROM THE HOMEOWNER LIKE ROSIE ODONNELL FROM THE SALAD BAR AT IZZYS PIZZA!!!!

Criminals will prey on the weak, soft targets that dont appear to be a threat to them. Why shouldnt they?? It makes their jobs much easier and less dangerous, AND there are plenty to choose from.

You're right in part, except they didn't target someone weak, they targeted a man who appeared to be VERY prepared for them.

So these guys now have a choice, they either see the wrong in their ways (if they were there to rob) or they will change tactics next time.

Tell me, if you were going to rob someone, would you go for a 250lb dude with a bulge in his coat that looks like a consealed pistol? Or the BMW driving, meek looking guy with glasses, and a peace tattoo on his calf? This is my point.

There's no telling if the BMW driver has a gun or not, so as a criminal, knowing that ANYONE might be packing I would make sure they don't get the first shot off, I gave a couple of examples before.
In short it will make the cowards even more cowardly.

But speculating on what is actually happening in this video, when NONE of the details are known about why this was happening, is dangerous.

For all we know, the homeowner had molested these guys little cousin, and they were coming for justice???? We wouldnt quite feel the same now, would we. So lets save the cheers until all the facts come out.

Exactly right.

Shoot first, ask questions later

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Azgard123

hahahah
if NOBODY had guns, then nobody would f*cking die so often in your country...
Im from Norway, and we're not alowd to by guns just because we want to protect ourself. Hunting rifles and ppl in gunclubs are the only ones alowd to have them. Even the police doesnt go around with they're guns. They do have them in the car, but it just feels so much safer knowing that they dont have them on them...#, guns is one of the biggest reason for all the killing going around in the world...get a #ing grip us citizents, guns is not the solution...look at the world history, we have had wars since ever, and it NEVER helped the majority if the people on this planet.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

How can people honestly be so stupid. With all the obvious escalation and dangers involved, fabricate such lies. When has Rosie O Donnell EVER run away from something she could eat?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The perpetrators pull up in the driveway ? This tell me They want to make the hit fast. This was no home invasion. The guy fell in front of the car was most definitely hit, looks like in the hip or upper leg. People don’t go down like in the movies. A 45 cal. will put you down the seconded it hit you. I know that for a fact. This guy was hit with a 9 mil or smaller caliber weapon. That’s why he could still drive off. I’m sure he also got some glass in his face while getting in the car when the owner shot the window. I wonder how far he got before passing out. This home owner was obviously expecting them. The response was very fast. Drug Dealer most likely.

I’ve been thinking of buying a weapon for protection. I guess I’m still a little hesitant. Not that I don’t know how to use one. I know how , and have… to much combat. This video has me thinking though.

A Marine in my town went to jail for 2 years for shooting and taking a life of a theif . Because some idiot broke into his garage and tried to seal his car. The Marine took the thief’s weapon and shot him with it. The Marine received two year in jail. This was this year. That was so wrong he just got back from Iraq too. He was just protecting his family. This is why I’m a little hesitant on owning a weapon. But I just might have to in these times .

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
All I want to say is that most people who are in the know, in regard to gang violence, drug dealers, and the act of "ridin' " on someone, will tell you that this man in his garage was expecting to be attacked by men with guns at any time, perhaps even at the exact time they were coming through.

This has all the tell tale signs, and I find that if they had just wanted to kill him that they would have driven by, slowed down a bit and opened fire with every gun in the car, including the large caliber assault rifle. The homeowner/drug dealer/guy they had "beef" with could have only hit the deck, ran or plinked back at them rather than having the advantage of the the funnel effect that the attackers put themselves into as they tried to funnel themselves into a "kill zone", in an attempt to push him inside.

These guys didn't intend on using their guns, but they wanted, I believe from their actions, to overwhelm him and force him inside quickly. Then they could rob him of everything he owns, beat the hell out of him and possibly finish him off depending on how much they have going on between themselves and the homeowner, who has video suerveillance around his home, a classic drug dealer setup.

That my friends, is surely what happend. If they were four theives seeking a random victim, they surely weren't hurting for decent clothes, a vehicle and relatively high dollar weaponry for each and every one of them. Aside from that, come on, why would you choose broad daylight and an open garage with a guy standing inside as a target, WHEN A NIGHT TIME RAID ON A HOUSE WITH THE APPEARANCE OF HAVING NOBODY HOME MAKES INFINITLY MORE SENSE, than jumping out with a crowd of heavily armed men with pistols and assault weapons, again.... IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

ALL THAT ASIDE, YOU CAN STILL SEE WHAT A GREAT E Q U A L I Z E R, A SINGLE FIREARM CAN BE FOR SOMEONE, NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION. GOD BLESS OUR FOREFATHERS FOR THE 2ND!!!

Love you guys!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

You should be the next one to get bum rushed and shot at, you ignorant punk!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
The only problem I can see with that home owner is that he can't shoot.
He should of shot them all dead in his driveway.

Nothing gives anyone the right to bum rush into someones home with guns a blazing. Too bad he didn't have a shotgun at the ready. That would of done some damage.

Really? He didn't shoot well enough to make you proud?

I'd love to see a video of you doing better. You've never been in his position, so lets not pretend that you have. He completely protected himself in the spur of the moment. That's really all that matters. I'm sorry you didn't get to see a video of him splitting heads open. You're obviously missing the point here. Relax and understand that a person can defend themself without killing people. Unfortunately, it didn't make a great "goregallery.com" video but he did what he had to do to keep his family/posessions safe. I'd say more, but I've already wasted enough time. Pathetic, Grey.

- Strype

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Actually, as was pointed out earlier, In the U.S. owning a gun is a right. garruanteed by the 2nd amd. of the U.S. constitution. it also states the right to "bear" arms, most people interpret this as to meaning openly having "Arms" upon thier person at anytime..

As far as I am aware, there is no provision in the U.S. constitution about any right to have a drivers license. lol... But yes both are priviliges. just the first is a right in the U.S.

I do not know the whole story behind this video, it does seem a bit "suspect" but, the homeowner is still alive. wether to be prosocuted for unknown, criminal activities later, or to be found as just being an(albeit) paranoid homeowner. eitherway, at least one live was saved.

I do appreciate your opinions, and your point of view. My biggest problem is not with guns themselves, but the fact that the U.S. citizen is slowly losing thier constitutional rights a little bit at a time, and to me that is unacceptable, no matter what "right" is being politically infringed upon..

[edit on 21-2-2009 by SideWynder]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Those guys had some balls on them to try a daylight robbery (or whatever they were trying to do). To bad he didn't hit a couple of them. He did have a hell of a quick reaction time. I have a friend that has a weapon in every room of his house that is loaded and ready for action. I'm getting close to doing the same at my home. You never know when some crap like this will happen and you have to be ready. Those dumb***es up in D.C. need to watch a couple of these video's and realize that they will only be hurting the law abiding citizens when they try and take our weapons away from us. Do you honestly thing some wanna be thug is really worried about what the law says when he/she is illegally purchasing that gun. I sure as hell don't think so!! I will die protecting my family rather then sit back and let some punk walk into my home and do whatever he/she wants. There going to have to make it through me first, and if by chance they do then watch out for the wife with the fully loaded 12 gauge shotgun waiting for you!!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Also I would like to say, that I have been a victim of a home invasion by an armed individual.. I also kept a loaded ready to fire colt m1911-a1 by my bed.

I am a combat vet. have seen action severaltimes, and consider myself very capable of defending myself, but this individual actually shot me through 2 walls and dropped me like a sack of taters..

He was already in my livingroom, but he was not shooting at me he was shooting at my dog.(rottweiler, shepard, chow mix) He hit me and the dog.
with a 9mm. but the dog did get him good, she actually, litterally ripped his left testical off..

20mins later the police showed up and found him unable to move halfway out my front door.

to make a long story short, He got 3 years for shooting me and 7years for shooting the dog... LOL...plus an additional 5 years for various gun, and robbery violations..

He also had the gall to try and sue me for injuries sustained from my dog. (that was thrown out of court)

My point being, that you just never can tell how things are going to happen, but I still feel safer being armed than not.. Also get yerselfs a good dog...

edit to add, My dog did survive, but 4 years later she did die due to medical problems related to the injuries she susstained, she was only 7 when she died.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by SideWynder]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azgard123

If all home owners were armed there would be no home invasions! Watch these guys run in all ready to comit mayhem and watch them turn tail and run when they are faced by just one armed citizen. They still had him out gunned 3 to 1. But even those odds were to much for these craven cowards.

Imagine how frequently these scenes are going to be as the country gets deeper into this depression. I only pray that the citizens are armed to repulse the intruders.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The majority of people doing breakins are not exceptionally good with firearms (just because you have one doesn't meant you're efficient with it). A person who practices can take out ten people who haven't. Having a firearm is good, but remember to practice with it--makes a lot of difference.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I grew up in a town where you could leave your house unlocked, where you could walk in the middle of the night and feel safe. I have also seen war, violence.

Nothing is better than peace, we do not appreciate it enough. Violence is not something that should be a normal part of everyday life. For those that enjoyed the shooting, I just want to tell you that there is no fun in these situations. NO FUN AT ALL. Being exposed to death and distruction is sad, ugly and beyond human ability to understand.

If we are forced to get guns, and it seems that we are, it is already failed system. I just hope it would not get worse.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wow, all I could thik during the whole video is seeing Clint Eastwood walk out of that garage, with his 'tough guy' look and his growling. Seriously, am I the only who thinks this looks like that new movie Gran Turino?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwicks
reply to post by LLoyd45

Don't get me wrong there is a pro side to it as well, it's just that owning a gun is a privilege, not a right, just like having a car license.

This is where I have a problem, because if everyone is carrying, there are going to be a lot of innocent people being shot mistakenly.

Also, regarding home invasion, an instance like this one here I have no issues with:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Chadwicks,

You need some serious work dude.

THe three guys who robbed me in front of my home last November...the #1 Fear they vocally expressed three times was...."Watch out for a gun."

Most of the people in this occupation are definitely ..without a doubt ..frightened of their victim being armed.

It also does not seem to occur to you that those involved in such crimes...are the ones who so often shoot innocent peoples on the sidelines. We see this constantly on our nightly news.

Furthermore...looking back on your posts ..the noticable revelation missing from your posts to date is the concept of calling the police and letting them handle it. Why is that??

Most people indeed do not want to shoot anyone and rightly so. But when it comes down to it...the constabulary will not be there in a timely manner. We the people are the first line of defense..not a constable nor a politician/lawyer.

When seconds count the constabulary are minutes away. This is not a put down of the constabulary..for their daily tasks are difficult enough..caught between the politicians and the public. But it is most often just that ..when seconds count ..the constabulary are minutes away.

Here in the USA we are Sovereigns..not subjects. We do not have the kind of thinking that seems so inherent in the people down under, in the UK, and in most of Europe.

We have a RIGHT here to own and carry our guns. Particularly in our own homes and on our properties. Our gun ownership is a right not a privilege granted by the Sovereign such that it can be taken away at the will of the Sovereign This is not royalty here where the government and lawmakers are some kind of Feudal Sovereign and we are the subjects. I see this kind of thinking all the time in posts from the peoples of these other nations and it becomes quite obvious what is the difference in us as a nations/peoples. I am not saying here that we are better than other nations...just the differences. We do not think inherently from the view of the Law of the Sovereign. This is such a foreign concept to most Americans that they have never heard much about Feudalism and the Law of the Sovereign.
This concept is an anathema to Americans. Very very foreign.

The reason that you get such reactions from Americans on posts such as this is that we do not believe in the Law of the Sovereign. We believe in our individal rights and liberties. We are not interested in dumping our rights and liberties for the value systems of the peoples in nations such as yours or Europe et al.

Those of us here in the USA who choose not to own firearms or weapons...bon appetite. That too is thier right. I have no problems with this. Those who do choose to own weapons..that too is thier right. No problems with this as well.

I will NOT try to impose my right to own on another person who chooses not to own. For that is indeed their right as well..not to own/possess.

But as Americans ..we do not take favorably to those who try to imply that there is something very wrong with us for maintaining our 2nd Amendment rights.....or for all that matter..any other rights.

Very interesting video,
I would like to see more videos and read more articles like this of Americans defending themseslves, their families, thier properties.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think I've said it before on other threads and I'll say it again. To all those who believe in gun control: take a look at Britain's gun control, then compair it to the knife crimes, violent knife crimes, knife deaths. If you take away sight, hearing gets better, if you take away guns, knifes get sharper.

As I can only judge what I saw in the video, I say good job to the man defending his home. In the USA we are innocent until proven guilty. So who wants to retract their libel statements, calling the home owner a drug dealer? Any takers? Didn't think so. As for how fast he responded, I hope if something similar happens to me I'm as fast on the draw. And yes, that's all it would be, draw from holster and pull trigger. There is no sense in keeping a weapon of protection in a bottom drawer under your socks. Keep it on your person, so you can use it to protect yourself/family, not hidden so you have to go get it from another room, in a lock box, with a trigger lock, unloaded.

Another poster made a good point, it's not the size of the gun, or bullet that matters, it's where that bullet ends up. A criminal will historically empty his gun and not hit anything. So get a gun, practice, keep defensive loads in it, and shoot to kill, in a panic state you will still have better aim than the criminal.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join