It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Home Invasion Turns Into Shootout

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Caught On Tape: Home Invasion Turns Into Shootout

www.youtube.com

This is a video I saw today on youtube, "Amazing video of an attempted home invasion in Tucson. Investigators say the victim fought back by shooting at a group of armed men trying to break into his house. This all happened Thursday afternoon near Cardinal and Irvington on the southwest side.

The is video from a surveillance system overlooking the driveway of the victim's home. It shows the suspects pull up in a car and jump out. One of the would-be home invaders fires a shot as he runs into t"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If all home owners were armed there would be no home invasions! Watch these guys run in all ready to comit mayhem and watch them turn tail and run when they are faced by just one armed citizen. They still had him out gunned 3 to 1. But even those odds were to much for these craven cowards.

Imagine how frequently these scenes are going to be as the country gets deeper into this depression. I only pray that the citizens are armed to repulse the intruders.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Too bad he didn't hit them.

Amazing that these guys would try this in broad daylight.

Although I'm not sure if we'll see more or less of this due to the economic crash - if I recall correctly, typically violent crime actually goes down during bad economic times.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The only problem I can see with that home owner is that he can't shoot.
He should of shot them all dead in his driveway.

Nothing gives anyone the right to bum rush into someones home with guns a blazing. Too bad he didn't have a shotgun at the ready. That would of done some damage.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Azgard123

Outstanding video! I bet they won't be robbing anyone soon. Gun grabbing laws would have signed the death warrant for that home owner. Criminals don't give a sh*t about any gun law. Banning them just makes a huge underground market.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
We need more of this and more video to go with it. The more these criminals see normal people defending themselves with deadly force, the less we will see such crimes. Power to the people!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Too bad he didn't hit them.

Amazing that these guys would try this in broad daylight.

Although I'm not sure if we'll see more or less of this due to the economic crash - if I recall correctly, typically violent crime actually goes down during bad economic times.

Did you see the car they were driving, they were doing just fine financially speaking, unless they stole the car.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That was intense! I bet he was so scared that he wasn't aiming for crap at first, lol. Looked like he started taking aim at the end there though, put a couple right through the windshield.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I want to know how in hell he reacted so quickly? Was the homeowner sitting in a rocking chair with a gun in his lap waiting to be robbed...three cheers for insanely fast reaction time.

Two cheers for security cameras!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

Great point Alex, I was kind of wondering that myself. Dude must have a gun in every room or something, all loaded and ready to go!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
To me at least, it appears that this was either not the first trip to this home, or not the first dealings with this homeowner. He was most assuredly ready... and waiting for them. Either that, or they showed up while he was practicing in his private firing range... Seriously, this guy was expecting them. It stinks of a "I'll be back with my homies" scenario.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
im waiting for the people to come in from the tucson rancher thread to say that the suspects should sue the homeowner for emotional distress.

where are you cowards now?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You guys are claiming he can't shoot. I disagree. Watch the video when the last guy gets back in the car the homeowner puts a few through the windshield in a tight diameter.

Not bad considering he was outgunned 4-1. lol

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
You guys are claiming he can't shoot. I disagree. Watch the video when the last guy gets back in the car the homeowner puts a few through the windshield in a tight diameter.

Not bad considering he was outgunned 4-1. lol

that driver had to be hit

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
im waiting for the people to come in from the tucson rancher thread to say that the suspects should sue the homeowner for emotional distress.

Well, the rancher was the one in the wrong... I mean, "doing the right thing" would have only cost him a few dollars worth of ammo, and he'd have gotten as much support as this drug dealing homeowner.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by Swatman

Well, the rancher was the one in the wrong... I mean, "doing the right thing" would have only cost him a few dollars worth of ammo, and he'd have gotten as much support as this drug dealing homeowner.

true

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp
I want to know how in hell he reacted so quickly? Was the homeowner sitting in a rocking chair with a gun in his lap waiting to be robbed...three cheers for insanely fast reaction time.

Haha i was thinking the same thing. He must have been sat there waiting for a home invasion just to test out his new gun.

Fair play to the guy. Those fools ran like scared little puppies.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have a gun in every room of the house even the bathroom. So, I am ready for any situation unless they would catch me in the shower where I can not hear them.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
That was intense! I bet he was so scared that he wasn't aiming for crap at first, lol. Looked like he started taking aim at the end there though, put a couple right through the windshield.

This is why you buy a laser sight. Put the red dot center mass, click.

Back to the video. Why do we not see any more of these? How many people defend themselves every year? Two million or something like that?

Every ATSer who thinks that guns are bad and people should not be armed should be required to watch this and explain exactly how the cops could have saved this homeowner if they were not armed.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

I second that notion! This guy probably saved his own life this day, not to mention his sweet stereo setup etc. Good on him!

And whoever mentioned the tight pattern on the windshield, yeah he was definitely going for the brain on that one, pretty awesome!

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join