It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa to start training for Full Gun Confiscation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

IOWA to start training for FULL GUN CONFISCATION!

www.infowars.com

The Carroll National Guard unit will train on urban military operations by holding a four-day exercise at Arcadia.
featured-stories - Guardsmen to conduct urban training at Arcadia in April

A concerned citizen talks about military exercises in Iowa.

The purpose of the April 2-5 drill will be to gather intelligence, then search for and apprehend a suspected weapons dealer, according to Sgt. Mike Kots, readiness NCO for Alpha Company.

Citizens, law enforcement, media and other supporters will participate.

Troops will spend Thursday, April 2, staging at a forward operations base at Carroll. The next day company leaders will conduct reconnaissance and begin patrolling the streets of Arcadia to identify possible locations of the weapons dealer.

The primary phase will be done Saturday, April 4, when convoys will be deployed from Carroll to Arcadia. Pictures of the arms dealer will be shown in Arcadia, and soldiers will go door to door asking if residents have seen the suspect.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Selected All Caps Title.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Yes, it IS Alex Jones. But do not turn away quiet yet..
Please listen.

I hope things go well down there, my American friends!

[edit on 20-2-2009 by xbranscombex]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
lol you crazy americans...

We generally don't have guns in the UK. when there is a shooting its all over the national media, most of the population are against guns

I am against guns

Why the hell do you want something with the power to kill someone it's absurd.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
actually that is a good reason for world wide disarmament of nukes!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
*SIGH*

As I pointed out in the other thread that is currently going about this, you also left out this part:

A meeting to give residents more information and accept volunteers will be held 7 p.m. Monday, March 2, in the Arcadia American Legion hall.

. . . . . .

"This exercise will improve the real-life operational skills of the unit," said Kots. "And it will hopefully improve the public's understanding of military operations."

The pre-drill work with residents is as important at the drill itself.

"It will be important for us to gain the trust and confidence of the residents of Arcadia," said Kots. "We will need to identify individuals that are willing to assist us in training by allowing us to search their homes and vehicles and to participate in role-playing."

Key word: Volunteers

They are not confiscating weapons, despite your alarmist title. They are running a training drill and will be asking for volunteers from the community to role-play.

Edit: Fixed quote tags

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum

We generally don't have guns in the UK. when there is a shooting its all over the national media, most of the population are against guns

I am against guns

I am going to assume you are a troll (9/10)

What you said is sure to get a heated debate going regardless of how silly that statement was.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
this just made me poo in my pants a little... ok ALOT...do they really not see what this is leading to? they are slowly boiling the frog...and its almost cooked.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I am against guns

Because a lot of us, including our Founding Fathers, needed GUNS to defend themselves against THE CROWN mate!

You can bet that if we would have been un-armed, we would be living in a totally different world.

Maybe that's why your country has LOST so many personal freedoms and is known as the surveillance state. (No offense to you personally, of course)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The title is not of the original headline, this is an alarming title. We have to understand this is a new era, and our troops will have to train for new situations.

link   

Key word: Volunteers

They are not confiscating weapons, despite your alarmist title. They are running a training drill and will be asking for volunteers from the community to role-play.

Sooooooooo...

They are practicing all this for fun right?
Good ol' volunteer fun.

link   
thread has already been going about this topic here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I am against guns

Ok then - by your logic you should have no cutlery in your home. You know they can kill, right?

Also, hammers can be VERY deadly. They've been used in a few crimes here. Might want to get rid of that too.

See where this leads? It gets really silly real fast.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

No, the volunteers come from the community. The soldiers are the ones doing the training. Did you actually go to the original article and read it? Or did you just see this on info wars, come up with an alarmist title and figure no one would catch on that you hadn't read the article?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I am against guns

A baseball bat, a broken whiskey bottle, and a rolled up Sunday New York times can all serve as a weapon and, therefore, has the power to kill someone. I suppose you are against those as well.

Stay on your own side of the Atlantic.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm from Germany and I love the fact that guns are illegal here without a proper and hard to get license. I don't have the need to defend myself, because I know nobody will point a gun at me. Its not that I don't know how to defend myself, I have my body under control and I know what I can do with it, that's all I NEED! Get rid of the guns, get rid of your need to defend yourself. Although I must admit that we are living in a dangerous time, or at least we are moving to one. Guns may come handy when a whole economy collapses and the government turns against one. Keep your guns for now, but I hope in the future it won't be allowed for anyone to own one.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Please post in ongoing thread

Ongoing

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join