It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury ordered to turn over bailout records

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Treasury ordered to turn over bailout records

m.apnews.com

By NEDRA PICKLER
Published: 5 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP) - A federal judge has ordered the Treasury Department to give the Fox Business Network records about how the agency spent billions in bailout money.

The network filed requests under The Freedom of Information Act for records related to the funds spent on American International Group, the Bank of New York Mellon and Citigroup. The network specifically asked the department to identify the troubled assets purchased, any collateral extended and any restrictions placed on the financial institutions for their participation in this program.

U.S. District Judge Richard Holwell ruled Friday that the Treasury must comply with the request by March 23.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This may or may not be good. On the one hand we get a chance to see where Trillions of our dollars have gone...But on the other hand, we get to see where Trillions of our dollars have gone.

We have a serious problem here guys. If they release these files and the information on the record shows what I think it's going to, then that will be the day the market plummets entirely. There's a lot of dirty laundry mixed in with these bailouts, some of it may very well be conflicts of interests and criminal activity. Which could lead straight to the Federal Reserve and bring the whole system down.

Bad things are happening. Regardless of how I feel about my penchant for freedom of information...It makes you wonder if you REALLY want to know where this money really went. I will, of course, dive right in...But I'm afraid of what i will find...Because I will report it, I will yell about it, I will spread it, and it will piss a lot of freakin' people off.

m.apnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am sure that by the time the report comes out it will be all doctored up to make everything look legit.

Regardless of whether I like where the money went or not, I deserve to be told the truth.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Hey good find!!..........but by March 23......I don't think its going to matter much by then.

The damage will be done........

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

That's my take as well. They will drag their feet for as long as they can...Because the government has more damage to do!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Fantastic ! I pray this does not get stonewalled and is presented openly.
Never thought I'd be cheering Fox on

[edit on 20-2-2009 by maudeeb]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's court ordered. So it stands unless it gets overturned...And I doubt that will happen. Like a few others said, by the time they release this information, it won't matter anymore.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And on another note:

&dist= msr_1]McCain campaign donates Stanford contributions

How long will it be before Stanford campaign donations to the Obama campaign will be revealed?

Can't wait to see. I'll be sure to use that as further proof that we need a new party in this country.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Exactly. By the end of March is a long time. Some guy in a basement could be cooking the books and make everything look peachy.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is only the begaining. There will be dirt upon dirt. Most likly it will take years to figure out just how bad the American people got screwed. By then the goverment will have grab all the power from the people and noone will be able to do anything about.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is good, we might be able to figure out where all this money is going..

-

Posted Via ATSmobile (BETA v0.3)

-

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
As was said before, this is both good and bad.
Good because it is an attempt at forcing transparency, bad because unless the books ARE cooked, people are going to crap a tulip over this one...

Notice the media as of the last few days?
Revolution talk... This...

Something smells fishy. Kinda' like provokation.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Quick! Quick! call Bill and Hilary we need their shredders.

I don't recall where we put the documents on the bailout your Honor.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ok well of course they should have to show EVERYONE what they did with the money.
But what I don't get is, why specifically do they have to show the Fox Business network?
Looks like some kind of setup to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
... why specifically do they have to show the Fox Business network?

Because they asked for it, and had the money or leverage to bribe the judge into ordering the treasury department to do this.

I'm sure Fox News Corp. have some real sinister reasons behind this. But we all know the bailout was **** anyway. So why not take this as a good thing and stick it to the people who passed the bailout. Get the sicko, corrupt, politicians out of office and try again, don't give up!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What im trying to say is.
Fox is in on covering it up.
They get the details.
Then they change it and release it so it looks like the treasury did the right thing.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Wouldn't Fox wan't to get as much dirt on the administration as possible, being the enormous right-wing propaganda machine they are?

But you could be right though. But I'm guessing that if Fox now CAN get it then other people can get it too. Try it, you too can file a FOIA request.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The whole bail out "idea" concocted by our congress with the help of lobbyist and law makers from all the major banking institutions that wanted that money is unconstitutional, if that alone has not opened the eyes of the people.

This new report will mean nothing.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

This new report will mean nothing.

That and many people think anything that comes out of fox news is BS.

IF they release the actual documents on the net, they won't be able to change it and if they did they would be called out on it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Also like to add

I actually posted a thread on this Jan 12 when they filed the lawsuit. So it looks like it only took a little over a month.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join