It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The story of Moses is true?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ok guys, let's keep it civil.... no flames please from anyone...

I am an atheist. I'm not trying to prove anything about any god(s). The video I found, which is most likely posted elsewhere (search showed nothing) basically proves (at first glance) that the story of Moses is true. For the life of me, I can't think of anything which would discredit this video. Only thing I can postulate is that the drawings/carvings on the altar could have been done by anyone. I'm calling on anyone to help explain this to be true or false. If all you have to say is "the vid says it all" don't bother posting please.

Anywho, here's the vid... (it's long)

Google Video Link

IF this story is true, does it prove the christian God's existence? Or did someone stand on the top of that mountain with a flamethrower for hours?

nj2day, HELP ME (lol)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't have 43 mins to watch the vid.
Can you summerize whats in it??
From my point of view a guy goes up a mountain alone and then says god told him something so he comes down the mountain and tells his story.
Sounds like a few ats threads I have seen.I have experienced this but have no proof kinda scenario.
You know like some of the stories people tell about being aliens but not having proof.
If moses was an atser they would have put his thread in the trash bin.

What is in the vid that has you wondering?
Its not hard to build a big fire I might add.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That is indeed a must watch for anyone who would like to take the time to let history and evidence speak for itself.

I have always believed that faith will gradually become sight. Unfortunately, even so, many will deny what evidence begins to surface and continue in unbelief.

The great news is, God will ultimately prove Himself to everyone.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So,
the signs of fire on a mountain MUST be from God?

Because we all know fire cannot be caused by man or nature - right?

Kapyong

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Dude...

One glam'd up video from Reel Productions, who primarily work on religious pieces (of $#&^), and you fold..?!

Come on man...sounds like you want it to be proof.

Being open minded is crucial...being easily influenced is not.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There is a lot of historically accurate information in the bible.

You can go to the places listed in the bible.

Most likely the people in the bible existed.

Then, comes the religious part of the bible. The old testament and the new testament, to me, seem to talk about two completely different gods.

The old testament god seems to judge rather harshly whereas the new testament got seems to be a god of love and acceptance. In my mind, I can't reconcile this two beings as the same god.

As to you being an atheist... That's fine until you have a religious experience

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

for the most part yes..its all true...aside from the drawings..the problem is, due to its location..no true archealogists can get in there to test the year of dating. But for the most part...when it comes to the exodus for some reason most archealogists totally disregard on what the bible has to say in which direction they went...and basically search within they're own perceived notion as to where it should be..rather than where we're told it is. its out there..the proof is out there..there was a show on the history channel one time..where this guy went to an egyption museum..and sure enough there was this huge block of hyros from the correct time period that showed a whole army going over a water way..and geting swallowed up by the water..while this other group of people was shown crossing safely. Not only that..but lets not forget there is this whole entire dynasty from the correct dating period they fall between the 17th into the 19th dynasty..where just about every single pharaoh has the name Moses..Kamoses, Ramoses, Ahmoses, Thutmoses 1-4....nefertiti moses..and even the women. Not to mention that Archeaologist always fail to tell us one thing when concerning egypt....they always fail to tell us that the reason for the egyptians being so obscure and hard to make heads or tails of on who was whos dad, or mother, sister, etc...is because they were famous for lying...if something didnt turn out in they're favor..they lied about..even so far as documenting it...if there were a slave nation in egypt..that over took the egyptians...there is no doubt..they would have lied about it to project otherwise..even so far as to totally wipe them out of they're history...proof of this? take a look at the queen one of the most famous of all..Hatshepshut...they totally tried to mark her out of ever existing...egyptians were famous for this. There is no doubt in my mind the exodus happened...does this mean God exists? I'm a christian, I believe God exists..however...a group of one people leaving the captivity of another..doesnt mean God exists...reallly when you read the exodus..whats so amazing about it? the plagues? they can be explained away by simple science..the water? that can be explained by tide....especially given the sandbar.....could myth be added to the story..every ancient culture was famous for adding myth to they're true events...city of troy, roman empire..even the egyptians themselves, but do we dispute they existed? no..do we dispute they're wars? no..why not? all of them site that they're gods helped them...but the bible has a god that helped his people..and thats false..when yet..every other nation culture had gods that helped them..but we don't dispute they're histories. I think people need to start realizing that while to nonbelievers the bible holds myth..there is alot of true history in the bible...with supposed myth thrown in..just like every single other ancient history story.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Originally posted by Sliick
I am an atheist. I'm not trying to prove anything about any god(s).

Well that's great, I'm somewhat of an agnostic myself.

However I do believe that the story of Moses is true, just not sure if the context and accuracy of the story has remained intact as well.

There are too many texts and historical writings that confirm this being true in one way or the other, for it NOT to be true.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The story of Exodus represents something that happens within a person, its not just history. Moses, Pharaoh, Mt. Sinai ect. all represent different things. I still need to watch the video but there's more to the story than just history....what good does a history lesson do for someone spiritually?

Found this quick doing a google search that sums it up a bit. Personally as a kid I always thought their was more to the exodus story than just history like was often taught.

The dramatic story of the exodus from Egypt is much more than a milestone on the Hebrew calendar. According to Kabbalah, it describes the liberation from egoism, and the whole of humanity is about to experience it

All the worlds (this world included) are states that reside within us. We will find them nowhere outside us. In other words, it is not we who are inside the worlds, but the worlds that are inside us. Outside us there is only the Creator, the Upper Light.

People in our world are convinced that they are inside some kind of existence, a reality that was created before we came inside it. But this is an illusion. There is nothing outside us but the Light of the Creator. That Light affects our senses in such a way that we feel it as solid, liquid, or gas, as vegetative or as animate. Everything we can imagine and can see around us is built inside our own senses, making us feel as though everything exists outside us. But the truth is that there is nothing outside, only the Creator.

This world is the lowest point that a Kabbalist attains. It is the total opposite of the Creator and is termed, “the exile in Egypt.” The natural power that works on us in this state, the power of our egoistic nature, doesn’t allow us to advance anywhere except to care for ourselves. This is called “the state of Pharaoh.”

Our egoism doesn’t let us feel the sublime and perfect state. It is egoism, man’s inner and vicious force called “Pharaoh,” that the Torah speaks of at length, whereas the force that frees one of that state is called “Moses.” Pharaoh, Moses and everything that is written about the exodus describe spiritual states and emotions.

Our current state is the lowest possible. It is a state of absolute slumber and even unconsciousness. We have no sensation whatsoever of who or where we are. It is even a lower state than “this world,” since defining our state as “this world” implies that we are already aware that there is another world. It is so low that in it, we cannot feel any spirituality.

The Torah is not a historic epic, though there is a correlation between the text and human history. But this is only because the construction of the worlds is based on the same principle: everything that happens in one spiritual world is reflected in its adjacent lower world, down to our own.

Everything that humankind will have to go through during its ascent through the worlds must be felt by each and every individual in each of the worlds, especially our own.

The exodus from Egypt—the exodus from egoism—still awaits us all. And in the 21st century, we are closer than ever before to making this transition—from egoism to a humanity of bestowal and love. Once we begin this transition, we’ll start experiencing our connection to the spiritual, eternal level of reality, which is only felt when we detach from our egos, or "come out of Egypt." The wisdom of Kabbalah explains that just by starting to think in this direction, we hasten our course of development and save ourselves a lot of suffering, since our thoughts become similar to the inclusive plan of Creation.

www.killermovies.com...

[edit on 20-2-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That was a pretty interesting documentary. One thing I wondered about is why God would make the top of the mountain black, he could surely do without. They quoted something from the Bible saying that he came down like a furnace or something, but I wonder what the point of turning the top black would be. Sort or irrelevant but I find it interesting lol.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am by no means a "believer"

No I did not "fold" because of a simple video found on google. I am just posting the vid because it is VERY interesting. As in many ancient texts, the story of the exodus has been told many times.

What if "God" was nothing but extraterrestrials? A lot of people believe that the "chariots of fire" were nothing but UFO's. The burnt granite on the peak of the mountain could just be a product of their propulsion systems.

Let me reiterate something. I am NOT a believer, I am not religious. I posted the vid for your enjoyment. I hope you all enjoyed it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Well, yes, I surely enjoyed it, very much. If something of that nature were not crucial ( all of the evidence which exist) I don't think you would find the need to barricade it from intrusion.

It is like the documentary and book, The Exodus Case, where they have photographs of chariot wheels and chariot casings which rest at the bottom of the Red Sea.

The evidence is there, but you will find very few who are willing to receive it as fact, that what is contained within scripture, was not some story derived from carnal imagination.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
reply to post by Sliick

Well, yes, I surely enjoyed it, very much. If something of that nature were not crucial ( all of the evidence which exist) I don't think you would find the need to barricade it from intrusion.

It is like the documentary and book, The Exodus Case, where they have photographs of chariot wheels and chariot casings which rest at the bottom of the Red Sea.

The evidence is there, but you will find very few who are willing to receive it as fact, that what is contained within scripture, was not some story derived from carnal imagination.

Yes there are chariot wheels at the bottom of the red sea. Though they might be there because they crossed the naturally occurring coral during a drought and fell off. It does not prove that the "waters parted" it just proved that someone lost their ride

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

You need to buy the book and see what else was found down there.

Of course, all these doubts, questions and fair reasoning will continue to exist. I have been a Christian for thirty years and one thing I have noticed in regard to faith, in any given area of my life, no matter what the circumstance, I have two options, faith or reasonable explanation.

Everyone one of us lives under grace, no matter who. Search your own life, when you had a need and that need was met, without your intervention, there you will find God and His grace taking care of you.

There again, there are many things in life I wanted, at the time I felt I needed, that I didn’t get. Without fail, now in hindsight, I am thankful those needs were not met, or, should I say, those things I thought I needed, were not met.

top topics

join