It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, at what point do we just start actually protesting???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We have the fairness doctrine being discussed, so, we will shut up those that are "annoying" and allow those that are "boring" as the government sees fit. Forget that ratings are what drives who is on the airwaves. Don't let the people vote with what they WANT to hear, but, what the government thinks they feel we should hear. Its only *fair* afterall.

Here is just one link www.americanthinker.com... google and find tons

We now have the discussion of taxing PER MILE. Now, how do they know how many miles we drive? Well, they will put a GPS unit in your car! Yea... the government gets to monitor every mile I drive and where I go.
www.newsday.com...

In TN, they will have the right to drug test pregnant women if they feel you meet certain criteria. Look at the list, pretty much being pregnant can get your drug tested. Don't have to have a criminal record, be accused of doing anything wrong, you just get drug tested womenshealthnews.wordpress.com...

In Oklahoma, if you dare breed dogs at all, you may be subject to WARRANTLESS SEARCH AND SEIZURE Provide for warrantless search and seizure by poorly-defined enforcement personnel. The measure states, "Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry personnel and agents shall have the right to enter the premises of an individual or facility and conduct inspections." The bill language does not define an "individual". This appears to leave the door open for those that do not qualify to be subjected to unwarranted searches and seizures. The legislation should state specifically that inspections/searches pertain to only those that are applicants and/or licensees. www.akc.org...

Computerizing health care for review by the government? Doesn't this bother people?? The implications of what can be done with this piece of legislation, just wow
news.cnet.com...

At face value one could say "Well, pregnant women shouldn't use alcohol or drugs, dog breeders are evil and the government loves us and wants to know how healthy we are".

Its the implications that concern me the most. How many freedoms have we quietly given up in the name of "our safety" or "our health" in the last 15 years? It seems to be spinning out of control now.

I was hoping change would be a good thing, but, its a change that was worse than the same old same old. Its like the government has been shooting up steroids!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I agree with you're post, and quite frankly I am surprised they haven't started revolting 10 years ago atleast. Now it's almost too late, TPTB hold all the cards and any sort of "protest" is showed as being evil or they sum it up to a mental disorder.

I think the US will start to riot when the government either tries to take away their guns, or attemps to tell them that the NAU is the only way out of our present crisis, which is what I believe will happen.

One only needs to look at the press release for this thursday by President Obama and Stephen Harper, where Harper said they were working on a Continental Economy, that's just code for NAU as far as I'm concerned.

All we can do is wait at this point, wait for something so atrocious so malicious that people have no choice but to eliminate the people in power.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I thought the same thing and was amazed at how blatant it was.
It screamed welcome to the NAU.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by llpoolej

I say the time is now.
Not just a protest either because I see those once a month at least living 5 blocks from parliment and they NEVER work and NEVER get anything done.
I say a little more then a protest is needed and the time is now.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sadly, I don't think that the average American will protest. The average American is content going home after work each night and watching American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. They only pay attention to what's going on in the country every four years for about a month or so.

That being said, there does seem to be an incredible amount of people waking up and realizing that the US is changing in a way they never wanted/imagined. I think of that CNBC guy in that video I saw earlier today with the guys behind him. Maybe [hopefully!] I'll be proven wrong.

To answer the question: Now's as good a time as ever!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I could possibly see Joe Blow and the rest of the average Americans out there getting off the couch and getting pissed if we keep losing jobs at this rate, for one thing. At least it is becoming much clearer how poorly our tax money has been managed, and once the newest stimulus fails to really do any good (pretty sure it will only hurt us), I HOPE that people will truly begin to wake up to how badly we're getting screwed on a daily basis, and have been for some time now.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Once this current stimulus fails, I'm afraid that the goofs in DC will simply think they just needed more money and start the ball rolling again. Maybe the average American at that point will get off their couch, as you say.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Im against the fairness docterine and I dont think this government will put it forward. Even if the do congress wont pass it.

I know that there those our there that care little about the truth, and more about those ratings, dollar bills and partyline... nevertheless this is a country of freedom of speech. Anybody who supports this are no better from the neocon supporters back in 03' who wanted to shut up libs for expressing their outrage against an unconstitutional war of lies.

As for the others, well im yet to see this government actually do anything unconstitutional. If folks do start protesting now, in particular those on the rightwing fringe, it will be about something the government hasnt done. I suggest before you get all trigger happy that you actually wait for the government to do something in comparison to Bush. It appears most members prefer to run around waving their guns around based on some assumption, not fact.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think they are getting close look at what Sen Byrd points out www.politico.com...

And look who he is, the longest standing senator, a democrat and and a constitutional scholar.

So, they have not crossed the line, but the toe is about to go over it

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Protesting!!?? Thats funny!!, The only thing you will get from protesting is tired if you are lucky, dead or severely injured if you are not lucky. Peaceful protesting is a joke. No one cares and TPTB does not care about them. Police departments are almost always responsible for any violence that occurs and are likewise almost always exonerated, even though they often assault unarmed peaceful protestors with guns,clubs and chemicals.
The best thing to do is use their tactics against them. Throw rocks,molotov cocktails, buy your own pepper spray and use it against them,same goes for CS. Bleach in the eyes works well in a pinch as does powdered laundry detergent. But only after they instigate violence first.
Remember, our Constitution guarantees our responsibilty to overthrow a corrupt government. So the next time you are walking down the street with your friends minding your own buisness and you are assaulted by the police,fight back,and encourage you friends to do the same, or you might end up dead when one of the fascists "accidentally" mistakes his pistol for his Tazer. And yes, I know they are watching...

[edit on 25-2-2009 by spookjr]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Marching in the streets won't do any good.

There are only two choices left to the people:

1) March in the streets ARMED and ready for conflict.

2) Withhold your money, and spend as little of it as possible, and then only on necessary things like food, water, rent.

We are past the point of peaceful protests.

top topics

join