It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama commercials on toddler educational channels?????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

There could be more.

For all I know, Obama is a shape-shifting alien who, in reality, is the anti-Christ, come to brainwash us all, turn us into pod people, and slowly but surely devour us....serving us to friends, family, and heads of state (who are also shape-shifting aliens) for dinner, one by one after he imprisons all of us in FEMA camps and fattens us up.

(sorry, couldn't resist
)

There could be more. But, if there is, it is up to each parent to decide what to do about it. For those who adore Obama, then they allow their kids to get indoctrinated.

For other parents, like you, it will anger them and they will shield their kids from things that they don't want them seeing.

You did what you thought was right for your kids by turning off the television and brought it to everyone's attention here. And, I applaud that. But, everyone makes their own choices and sees what they want to see....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

hey neighbor! grew up in catonsville myself.
i like the painting also.
i have an affinity for that era...must be a past life thing.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Basically your saying:

"Who cares if they do it....I can just turn off the TV."

Right?

If that isnt putting words in your mouth, than you had better be standing over your kid 24/7 watching EVERY MOVE, because if you wont oppose it, you still have to protect your kid from it.

And that stance on the subject doesnt allow for caring about other children in the US that have parents who just dont realize that it could be a problem. Kinda selfish attitude, if you ask me.

I started this thread, not because I am having some quandry about this topic. But to bring the topic up, so that people may be aware of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Did you miss this?

You did what you thought was right for your kids by turning off the television and brought it to everyone's attention here. And, I applaud that. But, everyone makes their own choices and sees what they want to see....

I said what you did by turning the TV off and bringing it to people's attention here was a GOOD thing.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We posted at the same time. I didnt see your post until I had already posted mine.

Thanks, that is what I was trying to do here.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Personally, Id like nothing more that to throw the ol HDTV in the trash......

BUT!!

Then Id miss HELI LOGGERS, MAN VS. WILD, SURVIVORMAN, AXE MEN, and SCI Q SUNDAYS!!!

Plus, my wife and kids would probably revolt!

Theres a perfect example......Im brainwashed too!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
BTW, Heather65, that is a beautiful painting, very striking. Love it!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

thank you, treemanx.
she's indeed a beauty

i watch survivorman also.
don't know why...maybe to be prepared just in case.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by heather65]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
My children, watching Pinky-dinky DOO, doesnt need to hear the name OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA, every time the show goes to commercial. Or any other politician/person for that matter!

TV could be programming/brainwashing/messing with your TODDLERS head!!!!

TELL ME YOU DONT CARE! I WONT BELIEVE IT!

Wow. Overeact much?

My daughter watches these channels and has seen the commericals. I cant even stand Obama - at all - however, she knows who he is and she knows who all the other candidates were.

It is important that children know these things. They dont have to bow down and idolize - I certainly wouldnt allow that.

If you see something - that your child sees - sit down and talk about it, explain it. That is what all parents should do. How about you sitting down and explaining what a president is, how they get elected, ect etc. It would be good for your child

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by treemanx
My children, watching Pinky-dinky DOO, doesnt need to hear the name OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA, every time the show goes to commercial. Or any other politician/person for that matter!

TV could be programming/brainwashing/messing with your TODDLERS head!!!!

TELL ME YOU DONT CARE! I WONT BELIEVE IT!

Wow. Overeact much?

My daughter watches these channels and has seen the commericals. I cant even stand Obama - at all - however, she knows who he is and she knows who all the other candidates were.

It is important that children know these things. They dont have to bow down and idolize - I certainly wouldnt allow that.

If you see something - that your child sees - sit down and talk about it, explain it. That is what all parents should do. How about you sitting down and explaining what a president is, how they get elected, ect etc. It would be good for your child

Overeact much????

Have you completely missed the purpose of the thread?

I dont consider anything that helps inform parents on the material that their kids are watching, to be overeacting.

So great! Youve seen the commercials and dont have any problem with your kids hearing OBAMA chanted everytime the show goes to commercial. GREAT! Handle it how you will. But what about those parents who are unaware? And what if your 'dont take it seriously' additude only perpetuates others to feel the same, when there actually COULD be a real problem here?

Im not saying everyone should panic and run around pulling their hair out, but I HAVENT SEEN ANYONE talking about this ANYWHERE! And it has the potential to be a concern. ANYTHING that affects our children is NEWS worthy, and needs discussion.

And how do you know that I dont teach my kids about the Presidents???
Seems like an all around ignorant post you put here. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here is an interesting vid I just found....

www.youtube.com...

My kids arent home yet, and Ive had Nick, Jr playing in the background for about a half an hour. I have literally heard the Obama commercial more than TEN times! In the last half hour! Tell me that isnt a problem.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Heres another interesting one....

www.youtube.com...

Still cant find a vid of ANY of the different Obama commercials on Nick JR!!! Been looking for awhile...If someone is better at this than me, please Help!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Overeact much????

Have you completely missed the purpose of the thread?

I dont consider anything that helps inform parents on the material that their kids are watching, to be overeacting.

So great! Youve seen the commercials and dont have any problem with your kids hearing OBAMA chanted everytime the show goes to commercial. GREAT! Handle it how you will. But what about those parents who are unaware? And what if your 'dont take it seriously' additude only perpetuates others to feel the same, when there actually COULD be a real problem here?

Im not saying everyone should panic and run around pulling their hair out, but I HAVENT SEEN ANYONE talking about this ANYWHERE! And it has the potential to be a concern. ANYTHING that affects our children is NEWS worthy, and needs discussion.

And how do you know that I dont teach my kids about the Presidents???
Seems like an all around ignorant post you put here. Thanks.

Like I said, I dont even like the man, but he has no affect on my daughter. She knows I didnt vote for him. She doesnt get all obamatized by hearing his name. I have the news on much of the day, as background while I do things around the house. So she hears him speaking, uhhh, mmmm, often.

And like other said, its easy to just turn the channel.....or just talk to your child.

And I wasnt implying you dont teach your child....I was just using this as an example to turn it into a positive situation....which as parents, sometimes we have to do.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I also noticed this service announcement on Noggin (Nickjr). Keep in mind Noggin has no commercials, only little skits in between shows. In this one anouncement a child reads a poem about Obama while a cartoon depicts him. Obama is smart, funny, plays basketball, reads to his kids, writes great speeches, blah blah blah.
Considering Ive seen this 3 times already in a half hour, Im a little sick of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
I also noticed this service announcement on Noggin (Nickjr). Keep in mind Noggin has no commercials, only little skits in between shows. In this one anouncement a child reads a poem about Obama while a cartoon depicts him. Obama is smart, funny, plays basketball, reads to his kids, writes great speeches, blah blah blah.
Considering Ive seen this 3 times already in a half hour, Im a little sick of it.

Finally!! Someone else who is seeing it and bothered by it!! Now I dont feel so alone!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
there's a fable--> about a Princess --> who is soooooooo sensitive

she cannot even sleep with a miniscule pea
hidden beneath one dozen, or more puffy/soft matresses

ivyjoy.com...

this complaint sounds like the Princess & the Pea Fable

[edit on 20-2-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
OK. Right on, you must be an expert on this subject. Or at least have something valuable to contribute? Or have kids???? Or are at least worried in the least what the future of our country MAY or MAY NOT be exposed to???

Thanks for your enlightening post, there, family guy. By the way, your avitar exposes you. That is about the most discusting, putrid TV show.

You must not have any kids.....And if you do....WOW.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well, I guess its ok if there is no discussion about this right now....

Im sure that in a few days or a week, someone with 3,000,000 ATS points will post the same thread, and it will then suddenly become interesting!!

Whatever, Im sure its not big deal.....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Our kids are our most valuable resource, they are our future. And it bothers me that there are countries like North Korea that brainwash not only their adults, but children as well.

I watched a show about a lady that was allowed into Nor. K. to give aid to the failing hospitals there. She was surrounded by armed soldiers the whole time. She exposed first hand all the brainwashing occurring there.

From the biggest man, to the littlest girl, they all are bombarded with images and propaganda of their leader, Kim Jung ill or whatever his name is. How small do you think that started? And look how it grew.

Keep Government propaganda away from our children. Yes, teach them about our Government, our Presidents, but dont allow it to penetrate too many levels of our daily lives, because it leaves us and our kids open to brainwashing, and eventual worshipping of our Governmental leaders.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Everytime you turn the TV on, or the radio, or your homepage, you are listening to something about Obama. Posters and pictures are as numerous as the stars. Soon, you wont be able to escape it, and see it every time you turn around.

It seems to me that this is happening more with Obama, than any other President before. OK, hes the first black President. Cool. Doesnt mean I want him rammed down my throat, or my kids throat, every damn day.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join