learn more

The Whore of Babylon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Aleister Crowley goes into great detail about this in his "The Book of Thoth". According to Crowley, the seven heads represent the seven lower Sephiroth, which appear to be detached from the Supernals. The relative link, therefore, is the Whore herself, who represents Binah, and rides the Beast of Matter.

It was also Crowley's position that John or whoever wrote the Book of Revelation was an Adeptus Minor only, and didn't fully understand the formula of a Magister Templi, which is why the Beast is portrayed in the book as evil.

It would seem that John portrayed the Beast as evil because it reflects the Gnostic belief in the dualism of spirit and matter. As to if this was do to a lack of understanding, well, perhaps in Crowley's opinion it was.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth

It would seem that John portrayed the Beast as evil because it reflects the Gnostic belief in the dualism of spirit and matter. As to if this was do to a lack of understanding, well, perhaps in Crowley's opinion it was.

Maybe. Thing is, on the Tree of Life, Binah exists above Da'ath, where dualism begins to broken down into unity. This unity would not be perceived below Da'ath, thus Crowley having referred to the author of Revelation as an Adeptus Minor, or resident of Tiphareth.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Aleister Crowley goes into great detail about this in his "The Book of Thoth". According to Crowley, the seven heads represent the seven lower Sephiroth, which appear to be detached from the Supernals. The relative link, therefore, is the Whore herself, who represents Binah, and rides the Beast of Matter.

It was also Crowley's position that John or whoever wrote the Book of Revelation was an Adeptus Minor only, and didn't fully understand the formula of a Magister Templi, which is why the Beast is portrayed in the book as evil.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Masonic Light]

I would have to say that dodgy attributions are my greatest bugbear in the realm of occultism. It seems as prolific as conpiracy theorists scrutinising photos of politicians for weird handshakes, or reptilian eyes.

Crowley's little statement about St John of Patmos having limited understanding of his own revelation (lol) is something I would expect of him (clownish, a little arrogant, and, of course, all about him: "the Beast").

Attributing the Whore to Binah seems a bit of leap to me. The only vague way in which they seems related to my (admittedly limited) mind is the feminine nature of the sephiroth.

Wisdom, deductive reasoning, mother, comprehension

VS

Prostitute, despoiler, pride.

Does Crowley also suggest in the Book of Thoth that St John (in his ignorance as an "Adeptus Minor") has similarly falsely associated the concept of a Whore with negative characteristics, as he did with the Beast?

Crowley is a great poet, and a man of incredible wit, but sometimes I honestly think he just spouted cr@p to see how many people he could outrage or deceive.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

The turreted crown? Representing her construction of the works of Babylon ...

Nice idea, wrong crown.

The image depicted, in somewhat rustic style by the glass artist, is a crown of arched fleur-de-lis.

The mural coronet (what you call the "turreted crown") is a charge of field above civic and governmental emblazons of arms. It is not arched or closed.

Cheers,
Sandalfon

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Smash it? Jeeeeeeeeeze .. don't insist that someone commit a crime like that. BTW - the Queen of Babylon and the Whore of Babylon are two different things.

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
P.S. Ever wonder why the Roman Catholic Priest offers 10 heil Mary's in forgivness?

That makes NO SENSE whatsoever. :shk:

You have a severe lack of knowledge about the Catholic faith.
Stop reading Jack Chick tracts and instead read the Catechism
to find out what the Catholics believe.

Fair enough I intend to read it, and I've been thinking about doing that lately.

But you know that most of the statues at the Vatican depicting Mary and Child (Jesus) are in fact those of Isis, Sameramis, etc.

And some of those statues have their toes worn off from the kisses of worshippers...

There is a LOT of Babylon and the Isis/Osiris Horus stuff at the Vatican, and a lot of apparent sun worship. It's like a two sided mask, with Christianity on one half and Mystery Babylon on the other.

But the catachism ought to be worthy of study - I'll check that out and reserve judgement.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

I would have to say that dodgy attributions are my greatest bugbear in the realm of occultism. It seems as prolific as conpiracy theorists scrutinising photos of politicians for weird handshakes, or reptilian eyes.

Personally, I don't think it's dodgy. The same symbolism was used in the Portal ritual of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, which is where Crowley got it.

Crowley's little statement about St John of Patmos having limited understanding of his own revelation (lol) is something I would expect of him (clownish, a little arrogant, and, of course, all about him: "the Beast").

Personally, I think he was right. Astral visions are weird things, and there's no guarantee that any particular seer will full understand them.

Attributing the Whore to Binah seems a bit of leap to me. The only vague way in which they seems related to my (admittedly limited) mind is the feminine nature of the sephiroth.

In Crowley's system, the attributing of the Whore to Binah is of supreme importance because Crowley interprets "whore" here as "open to all" (a little dramatic, but we are talking about AC after all). In other words, Binah is ready to receive all men.

Does Crowley also suggest in the Book of Thoth that St John (in his ignorance as an "Adeptus Minor") has similarly falsely associated the concept of a Whore with negative characteristics, as he did with the Beast?

I'm not sure I'd say that Crowley would accuse an Adeptus Minor of "ignorance" per se...the Adeptus Minor is still after all and Adept. But at that point in his career, an Adeptus Minor's astral visions will be dualistic in nature, in an attempt to equilibriate what appears to be opposing forces or ideas.

To answer your question, neither the whore nor the Beast are viewed as negative, the Thelemites considering such views superstitions of the Aeon of Osiris.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalfon

It doesn't look much like a fleur d'lis. Surely possible - I believe the first Birks stores and the Birks family was first based out of Montreal. For those who don't know Canadiana - Montreal is in the province of Quebec. Quebec is a francophone province, and the provincial symbol in Quebec on its flags (and also often used by seperatists) is the Fleur d'Lis.

Heraldic Crowns

Quebec Flag

[edit on 2009/3/6 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'm not sure I'd say that Crowley would accuse an Adeptus Minor of "ignorance" per se...the Adeptus Minor is still after all and Adept. But at that point in his career, an Adeptus Minor's astral visions will be dualistic in nature, in an attempt to equilibriate what appears to be opposing forces or ideas.

There may be more to it than that. For instance, G.R.S. Mead held this conviction:

If, in reality, however, the Nicolaïtans = the Balaamites of early Talmudic Rabbinism, then the original Nicolaïtans were the earliest Christians, for “Balaamites” was the Rabbinical by-name of the followers of Balaam (Bileam) = Jeschu, and Balaam = Nicolaos, in Hebrew and Greek respectively.

In which case the hatred of the works of the "Nicolaitans" would amount to "Jesus" saying that he hates himself (!)--if, of course, Revelation were only meant to be interpreted dualistically.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

In Crowley's system, the attributing of the Whore to Binah is of supreme importance because Crowley interprets "whore" here as "open to all" (a little dramatic, but we are talking about AC after all). In other words, Binah is ready to receive all men.

Whore = Binah because she is "open to all"? Oh dear...

I wouldn't say "dramatic" myself. Words that spring to mind initially include: tenuous, dubious, reaching, grasping...

...which takes me right back to my original problem with occult attributions, haha... I guess it's just not for me.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Whoever would try to function as an apologist for Crowley, though self-professed of knowledge, is nevertheless misguided, ignorant, or worse, and tha utter lack of humour is, at least to me, self evident, that there is nothing fruitful in occult knowledge. People who take themselves too seriously and who've lost the capacity to laugh at themselves, and at their own folly for "knowing" something in the first place, God help them.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Utter lack of humour?

Have you actually READ any of Crowley's work, dude?

I think you'll find you are monumentally wrong.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The stained glass is inside the hall that the connects the mall to bankers hall, which are twin towers colored in silver and gold that also have pyramids with no tops at the tops of the buildings.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The mall is also belongs to a bank. Toronto Dominion Square, name for the Toronto Dominion Bank.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

you are obviously a sick man. have fun in your hell, you follow an unknown 'god', but speak and do as 'satan' wishes. read your book. you sit on the bus next to a homosexual, and you don't stone him. you buy your beer from a mormon; yet when you walk away he isn't aflame. aren't you going against your god? aren't you following satan by letting these things go by?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by tektek2012]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
That's not nice...calling the lady a "whore".

You're advocating violence against something that doesn't fit in with your particular religious views, eh?
That's your answer?
"Smash it."
"Take her out."
Didn't unprovoked violence against a window make baby jesus cry or something?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Myself, rather than exoticism; place emphasis on the first term: "whore".

Where, Babylon is a Mythos of rising/falling, equated with Modern Medicine. Yes, cures for STD's.

Babylon is the race that 'built a tower to heaven, so they might know God.' Now, this would encourage the flip side of Pharmacacea', and in Modern Times be the double snake image I'm sure we're all familiar with. Where, on snake is poison, the other anti-venom.

Can you hannel it?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Which is even more interesting, since she was Assyrian.

or perhaps she was "a Sirian" ????

at any rate, that is a lovely rendering of the mysterious femme fatale.

beauty never dies!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
There is nothing bad within the image itself, it is the worship of images, or Idolatry which is what GOD detests. In Egypt at Mount Sinai, the Israelis built a golden calf, I am sure it wouldn't have angered GOD, but they built it as an idol to worship.
If you worshiped bugs bunny, that would be wrong, but GOD wouldn't detest the bugs bunny image, He would object to the worshiping of it.

So smashing a piece of artwork would not accomplish any purpose.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I find the stained glass piece of art just wonderful and I read it like an open book. Just give you some ideas, there is a cross around her, look what the cross stands for and find out what path crosses what other path during your life. Note that all of us are crucified on those 2 path or on that cross. Then, there are 10 spheres in the edge of here cut-out, there are 10 spheres in the circular medal, the on the bottom is a pine cone. Now find out what the 10 spheres and the pine cone stands for. You find pine cones as symbols in the Vatican, in Buddhism, in Vedas, Hinduism, Taoism, Zoroasterism, Egypt and any of all religious and esoteric cults.

Just a tip. in Egypt it is symbolized by the eye of Horus in the triangle, that super symbol that brings so many weird ideas in conspiracy oriented brains. The pine cone has a close relation to the tunnel of death you see when you die, to your dreams. It also has a close relation to Marihuana or Psilliocibin Mushrooms, Large Toads, Acacia trees and Grenade Apples.

So, this is now a reason to search what it means. you have keywords, find out. This is a forum treating secrets and mysteries, so let's have some secrets kept.

Note that the revelation of John treats inner states of your body in relation with sickness, spirituality and magnetic influence and there equilibrium.
None of what it says relates to what ever could happen outside of your body, no war, no destruction, no end of ages, just the end of yourself.
Find the whore in yourself and you find the whore of Babylon at same time.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Consider Daath not being non existent in the tree of life. it figures only in the tree of the hermetic Quabbalah where it symbolizes the supreme wisdom in the drawing of the Penatgram and the astrological sign of Sirius.

Basic Kabbalah does not contain this sephira, the basic commandments of Moses where 10, the 10 sephirot of the tree of life. Magicians that practice the Kabbalah by evocation of vibrating sounds and rituals lead by magic squares and sigils have added the pentacle of Daath.

Hermetic Orders like the Golden Dawn know this as well and so did Crowley. Note that most pictures found from evil creatures are found in states of trance and those beings have been seen in self hypnosis generated by such rituals in which drugs and sounds play a major game.

Drugs, mainly hallucinogens and sounds vibrating at certain frequencies are able to open higher levels of state and bring you in a state of trance, even allow you to commit astral travel outside your body.

But, none of all those people never reached immortality. Crowley himself ended destroyed by drug abuse and he was not in a high age.

I never saw any necessity to destroy my body to get information about something i will find after he died anyway. There is many other things to do on earth that we are not even able to keep in balance. So what is it god for to play with altered states of your brain.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join