It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whore of Babylon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/9eef25eea1e6a24d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/43887c4b95817114.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e82945c234688b5a.jpg[/atsimg]

These are of Stain Glass of Queen Semirimas in Calgary Alberta (downtown core)

I uploaded a few other pictures of this work. I have close ups of the other details should you like.

The location of this piece is on the second floor of the Toronto Dominion Square, at the point where it intersects with Banker's Hall. It is on the Birks Jewellers.

The second floor in the malls in the core of Calgary are the main foot traffic levels (the +15 system).

Map

[edit on 2009/2/20 by Aeons]

(ps - the reflection is just the light of the sign from the bath shop across the hall)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have close ups of all the other symbols on this stain glass feature.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Smash it in the name of Jesus Christ. I send you in the name of Christ to smash it. Thank you.

Find a large white stone, and take her out.

God Bless

P.S. It's a symbolic act, but it must be done with Christ in your heart, and without rage, anger or vengeance, and nothing but determination to see it smashed.

If possible, send a photo of the white rock plunging through her face.

Best Regards,

OP

[edit on 20-2-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

She's hot!

Seriously, I'd like to see more of your photos of this work.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

OmegaPoint, have you lost your mind? Why on Earth would you want someone to destroy a piece of art? You must be some religious freak.

Why does the PO call this woman a Whore? The stain glass pronounces her a Queen, not a Whore; the OP commits defamation and slander, and if this glass was in a Church there would also be another word for his poor choice of wording.

I think you both need your heads checked for any solid matter because I'm sure there is nothing but space between your ears.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Is this in a "Christian Church" or is this some other cathedral? Sorry for the one line response.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Smash it in the name of Jesus Christ. I send you in the name of Christ to smash it. Thank you.

God Bless

P.S. It's a symbolic act, but it must be done with Christ in your heart, and without rage, anger or vengeance, and nothing but determination to see it smashed.

Best Regards,

MMMM-MMM-MMMMM! rage, anger and veneance!
3 quarters of a healthy Christian meal!..

you're missing the lust though.

you see.. YOU are the whore.

"WE" are the whores...

you just never care to admit it.
every day you deny your inner god by endulging in pleasures of the sense, yoru pride, your lust. your anger..

go ahead.. externalize myths of religion all you want until you're a delusional mess running through the streets gunning down anything that reminds you of all those "demons" that you read about..

too bad you never realized those demons are symbolic and representative of the evils that lurk within you...
too bad you never faced them..
as to gain salvation.

if anything.. that's what the illuminati is laughing at you for.
the fact that you are so gullible and only comprehend what's on the SURFACE.. never looking within and recognizing that these images and these temptations.. remind you of what's inside.. but you can't face that can you...
it's necessary that they promulgate all these temptations around you .. to test your spirit.. to give you something to DENY in order to embrace the opposite.
without them there'd be no growth.

have fun in hell.
sounds like you've already chosen to be there.

-

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

God Bless

Best Regards,

OP

[edit on 20-2-2009 by OmegaPoint]

Omega, this is the funniest post I've seen is weeks. I can't stop laughing.

To the OP, you do realize that the QUEEN of babylon and the WHORE of babylon are two entirely different "women", right?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

This is, without question, one of the best posts I've seen on here. I'm not saying I agree with all of it, but pretty damn close. Well said, my friend.

[Mod edit -replaced large quote with Reply to tab]

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/2/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Except that I said WITHOUT rage, anger, or vengeance.

And all the other assumptions made there.

I know about Mystery Babylon and what it signifies, know about the Queen of Heaven, about Isis and Oriris, the whole kit and caboodle. And I know what God admires, and what He does not. His power was demonstrated in the leading of His people in and out of Egypt, differentiating Himself from that system in the process, and again in giving the law (of condemnation) paving the way for the final Magnum Opus and Great Work of the Ages revealed at the cross of Jesus Christ, and then completed, victorious, in the resurrection power of the new life/new creation. And I have seen the kingdom of light and love, and there is no hell in it.

Typically, I would not advocate for vandalism under any circumstances, and certainly never voilance of any kind. But in this case, a little vandalism, as a symbolic act in light of the Revelation of Christ, would be entirely appropriate.

Who's showing their hatred, anger, and bias here, me? I don't think so.

We ought to be real clear what we are for, and what we stand against.

I understand The Revelation. And I think I also understand why my post provoked such a vitriolic reaction as well.

Buddy, I eat from the tree of life and drink freely from the water of life, and there is no hell in paradise.

Hell and death comes from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and from the law of should and shouldn't.

Choose life, and live under grace, which can only come from above, from the incorruptible center and source of life, where life meets life in truth and righteousness, in justice, and mercy.

Sure man must face his demons, and do his shadow work, but at the same time, we of ourselves cannot engineer our own salvation, and the true stature of man, while designed to contain the spirit of God and to reflect the image of God, nevertheless, to remain standing, must function in terms of an authentic I-thou love relationship, and be founded on the rock.

Like I said, I was simply advocating for a symbolic act, a "drama" if you will which is highly meaningful and significant, simple as that. It's not what one might ASSUME at first glance. There is no anger, nor vengeance in it - just a demonstration, perhaps meaningful only to me and the rock thrower.

No need to freak out on me, or attempt to frame me as if I'm in hell for opposing that which is opposed to the One Holy God who, praise God, is uncompromisingly Good and Righteous, even to the nth degree.

I'm happy, and stick by what I posted - gave it a lot of thought and consideration before making such a suggestion in fact.

It's all good. In fact, it's so good, you can leave the bitch there, as a present reminder to all future generations what system opposes God on earth, and why these things are on open display. To lead us to salvation? The Queen Whore of Babylon? That doesn't wash. Sorry.

P.S. Ever wonder why the Roman Catholic Priest offers 10 heil Mary's in forgivness?
And what did Jesus say whenhe was told that his mother and siblings were waiting and wanting to talk to him when he cruised back through town?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
OmegaPoint vandalism is vandalism.

You state you know what God admires; and then you tell someone to go and do vandalism in the name of Jesus.

Jesus was not a religious person, as a matter of fact Jesus was thrown out of the church, because he couldn't stand all the BS, so they expelled him from the church. Jesus was against religion, he was all for Spiritualism and that is what he taught, and that is why he was expelled from the church.

You state that: "We ought to be real clear what we are for, and what we stand against."

We are clear here (all the rest of us on this thread) and we are against vandalism from a small minded religious freak whom tells others to destoy other peoples property in the name of Jesus because it will be a symbolic demonstration.

You state: "I'm happy, and stick by what I posted - gave it a lot of thought and consideration before making such a suggestion in fact."

You are in need of help.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I called her the Whore of Babylon, because that is what most modern people know her as. The Queen and Whore of Babylon often refer to the same person. Which is even more interesting, since she was Assyrian.

This isn't a Cathedral. This is in a shopping mall that sits on the first 2 to 4 floors of many buildings in the downtown core of Calgary Alberta Canada. Most of these buildlings are bank buildings. The store that this piece of art is on is the Birks Jewellers.

It is on the second floor, because the 2nd floor of the malls in downtown Calgary is where all traffic is. The walking bridge system to keep people out of the cold while walking around downtown is on the second level.

I won't be smashing this piece of art. I have found that Birks has a stain glass of an Assyrian queen to be very odd for many years.

Semirimis is also a slightly different spelling than you would generally find used for her. Perhaps a more correct spelling?

I will post the other pictures of the symbols on it tonight. I'd be interested to know if people know what the symbols mean.

[edit on 2009/2/21 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/2/21 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Semiramis was the originator of all pagan religions, the gnostic beliefs of Babylon universal in the secret societies today. She was wife of Nimrod, the mother of Tammuz.

Here's a good link that tells her story pretty well.

ldolphin.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Given the indications that we are in end times, and in view of the many horrors contained in The Book of Revelation, my hope and prayer is that we can get through to the happy ending without all the cataclysmic death and destruction through an appeal to God's mercy, as seen, for example, in the story of Jonah and impending destruction of Nineveh (Assyria) which was averted.

Thus, if the fall of Babylon, and the Ancient Mystery religion of Babylon, could be symbolically accomplished in the smashing of one stained glass window - then hey, we'd be in good stead!

Maybe I was wrong to suggest vandalism against the Whore of Babylon aka the Queen of Heaven, who's worship was detestable to God..

At the very least, it would be interesting to find out the history of that piece and where it came from, or who made it, and why.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Somebody vandalized the Georgia Guidestones, and I confess it gladdened my heart to see it so. I commend the person who did it.
www.youtube.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/> Good little You Tube film.

But I think we should not be urging others to do things that they can get arrested for if we're not willing to do it ourselves.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Omega why do you hold back revealing the true history of this ancient/biblical/"mythical" so called "Queen of Heaven" whom God despises?

Jeremiah 7:18
18The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to The Queen of Heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

She went by many names in many different cultures to name a few

Isis,Aphrodite,Semeramis,Colombia,Freedom,Ishtar (Easter),Freitag,or Freeda.

She is also the same person the Catholics unknowingly 'pour out drink offerings and burn incense' (Jeremiah 44 17:22) to,going by another name,Mary.

She was the Mother and Wife of Nimrod (Zeus,Osiris),and claimed to be carrying the Savior Child,Nimrod.

Theres a brief truth for all those who are willing to research themselves.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You people are insane, this is why Christianity in itself should be considered a sing. You all preach love and acceptance in the name of God, but as soon as you see something that YOU think goes against what you believe in, all that love and acceptance is replaced with hatred and bigottry.

It's a piece of art, nothing more. In a shopping mall no less, and who are you to say what God appreciates and what is against god?

I am tired of people who think they understand god or say that have some idea of what lies beyond.

The truth is..YOU DON'T! Nobody does, it is far too complex for you or anybody here to comprehend.

As far as I'm concerned, your feeble to attempt to comprehend and interpret God or anything celestial is sin in itself and you will be judged harshly for you're indescretions.

I preach the gospel of i don't know...because i don't, and i won't pretend it do.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You people are insane, this is why Christianity in itself should be considered a sing. You all preach love and acceptance in the name of God, but as soon as you see something that YOU think goes against what you believe in, all that love and acceptance is replaced with hatred and bigottry.

It's a piece of art, nothing more. In a shopping mall no less, and who are you to say what God appreciates and what is against god?

~Keeper

I notice your avatar is all about peace. The Georgia Guidestones are all about killing off 6 billion people (leaving 500 million culled to be used as robot slaves to the elite). Nothing peaceful about that, so if you are for peace you should be likewise against killing, eugenics, mass murder of the world population. Vandalism to a stained glass window in a shopping center that most people probably would not know what it was, who can say? But you should realize that the pagan symbols, the gods and goddessses of paganism require human sacrifice, blood sacrifice, especially of children.

A person of peace would hate this and stand against it. Not defend it and condemn those who find these things a horror, which some of us have on this thread. Semiramis, which the sign says the stained glass is depicting, killed her own husband and was plotting and planning to kill her own son also, but failed.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

These are fairy tales dating back thousands of years.

However I do agree with those stones, those were an abomination and vandalism was warranted in that situation for the whole meaning of the place was death and destruction.

And yes I do stand for peace, in all it's forms. Peace does not require violence, only in the most extreme of situations, and I somehow doubt that a staind glass in the mall is an extreme situation.

It's simply a piece of art, depicting a pagan god from generations past. We must stop getting our underwear in a twist in regards to things that are thousand of years old and hold NO meaning today other than meaning that the religiously adept place there.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Very interesting post and pictures. Thanks.

Shopping malls are favorite places for pagan art, statues and even the shape of the buildings is pyramids or occultic shapes oftentimes. See Texe Marrs' latest tome Mysterious Monuments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join