It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Take it to the Supremes...

page: 1

log in


posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
I have had an epiphany this morning. For the past month or so, I have been sitting around wondering why we haven't seen anyone take these unconstitutional bailouts to the Supreme Court to have them thrown down. This morning, while talking about this with a co-worker, the words "why not me?" popped into my head.

How does one go about petitioning the court and, if said petition is accepted, are there fees involved (aside from travel expenses to Washington) in bringing a case before the highest court in the land? Is this a total fool's errand? Would I be better served to try and find legal representation, or is it possible for an everyday Joe with a college degree and an (I think) above average communication skills to present a case to the court and not end up looking foolish? I guess I'm also now wondering where would I start to build this case? Are there federal statutes or sections of the Constitution which expressly prohibit this redistribution of federal monies to private corporations or, even worse, nationalization of corporations?

Are there any students of the law out there who can either give me confidence that this can be done or talk me down off the ledge on this before it's too late?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
Notice you got some Cahones there, I think everyone around here, except for a few but there's always those people, would be completely supportive of you.


posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
Well im no law student or anything but i think you cant just walk into the supreme court saying that you believe the bailout is unconstitunional. The case has to escalate from the lowest county court, to the state supreme court, and than finally the supreme court. Also the supreme court can choose which cases they want to hear and which ones they will not. If you actually want to carry this out be prepared for a long journey. Id recomend you get a lawyer and have plenty of cash that you want to spend.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM

Originally posted by ahern389
have plenty of cash that you want to spend.

*sigh* I laugh because I don't enjoy crying. So if this is true, what you're basically telling me is that I have to be sitting on a pile of generous wealth to air my greivances. If I had that kind of money, why would I be airing any greivance in the first place? This is great... the only people who can afford to take things beyond the pissing & whining stage are those who have no real reason to piss and whine in the first place because they're the ones getting all of our money.


posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
I don't know anything about this, so bare with me.. Can you start a civil suit? I'm sure people would jump all over it.. I mean, people have lost money.. right?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
its me ahern389 i just cant log on to my account
well the best way to go if you dont have money is look for a lawyer that is willing to pick the case and maybe he'll jump in for the publicity. It sounds crazy but if something like this did make it to the supreme court, would make world wide news. So just find a lawyer that is crazy enough and experienced enough to take the case

new topics

top topics

log in