It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS becoming harder to use?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

1. I greet all these changes implemented by the owners and the managers of the site.
  2. I also believe that having extended options within th eATS network is a blessing.
  3. I admit that we are going trough a familiarisation process, and that
  4. Things are going to be vastly improved after these initial steps and the eventual finetuning.

In the end of the day are all these changes going to improve the ATS experience?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
it is hard for me to use yes, I had a hard time in the beginning too, there are still things I don't get,

I like to keep thing as simple as possible.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i am having a lot of trouble my self and i just cannot get things sorted out...
i suppose i must be patient here.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
After bout 3 weeks , i know how to download Youtube vids, .... and thats bout it, But I would like to know if theres a place to practice stuff like QUOTES and TEXT , LINK . i tried to do a quote thing in a response and it didnt work, the thread went to the top of discussion with nothing really on it, so i stopped trying, PLZZ if a mod could point me in the right direction if such a place exist

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hey all
If you ae having issues dont sit in silence
Im here to help answer any questions you may have, And i will take the time to walk you right through it,

Feel free to u2u me anytime! Im more than happy to help you all get your feet stuck in a bit more,

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

On BB code the explanation can be found in HAL

It's a great often overlooked link at the top of every page called FAQ it will help you with a wide range of questions about the site and how to quote and stuff.

in short when using BB code if you open it [] you have to close it [/]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

Feel free to practice with my help thread
I can always delete the post you make mistakes on there,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just type in TEST so i know

[edit on 20-2-2009 by asala]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Old bastards like me don't like too much change. We like things to stay as they are. Stop meddling and have some sympathy for the old gits that are being left behind.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Freshman forum

always people ready to give a helping hand no matter how stupid you think the problem is

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

We're not going to leave you old timers behind, we'll pull you along with us into the future.. just grab a hand.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have to say yes.
I followed the instruction for uploading pics and my avatar and look how it comes out

I deleted them except this one I want somebody to feel sorry for me and help

I't a png shouldnt look like that it doesnt when I load it from photobucket

[edit on 20-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, somethings are hard to figure out at first. It would be nice though that when someone messes up, people not bash those that are learning. Overall, I think the new changes will help make things more efficient and streamlined in the long run.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I enjoy ATS immensely, but of all the discussion boards I use it has the most confusing layout and the worst navigation features.

Just trying to find your old posts can be hard enough.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey To find old post and threads you have made, look in to you ATS pofile,

you will see tabs there saying "posts" and"threads" there all the ones you have made,

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't know if it's related, but ATS is constantly crashing my browser these days.
It's the only site I go to where I experience this.

It might be something on my end, but it does make it harder to use.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
no no it is not only your browser....
unfortunatelly
My mozilla one gets stuck for many seconds when there is a video and the traditional explorer does not like the signing in process all that much.....

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

this is really going to be a long way
I still cannot move my avatar into the new era
Asala any chance you could do it for me? I give up.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Hi George,
I hear ya, and I'm still learning about ATS nearly every time I log on!
This is a very progressive, fast moving site, yet considerate enough to keep most of the older posts intact for returning to. One tip I could offer is: click on the "MemCenter" tab, and options appear. Down the list, is ATS Handbook. Go into that, and read-up and you'll find good answers.

Plus, you can enter a Search of your querry, which will return lists of threads from the past, where members discuss solutions and answers to questions maybe similar.

And excellent moderators who help us with questions; and keep out the profane, rude, harsh, hurtful, perverse types. In this duty, I believe they are forced to upgrade technology every so often, and make changes, to continue keeping ATS ahead of the fraudulant, malicious 'hackers' trying to install malware or trojan virus worms and stuff, making ATS the best!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

SLAYER, that avatar ROCKS! Better than the one this morning! IMO

Sorry, no sympathy from me!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

I have to admit that i mostly agree with you.
On the other hand i dare you try to move an avatar like mine rotating on the left into the new era. I quit trying. Maybe i give it a go in a week or so...

Believe i was not left without help on this.
Moderators and fellow members are more than happy to help.

Even SkepticOverlord is sometimes buffled why some things do not work, as they should.
I aprove the soft start of all this but its really really causing a stir.

To be honest i have tried enough to make fair use of the system and i still consider my self an average poster. I understand that media is subject to rights and that its not nice to use bandwidth of other sites. However posting in the way we were seems to becoming much more complicated and time consuming. All this is making things even more complicated.

If you want my opinion i wish there was no point for this thread. Unfortunattely i think this thread or similar ones will get a lot of posts making the end question of the oppening post in the thread a serious point. UNFORTUNATTELY.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join