It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost it at work today.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Shield
So I wonder how much this civilian security force pays? If anything. Any recent news on this yet? If it pays, then everything will be alright I suppose.
the pay will be in the form of being able to bully and torment those you formerly considered your oppressors. Every bitter, self-serving thug in the country will be clambering for a post.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Yeah, what this guy is doing is taking a Federal grant downpayment program and you have to live in the home for ten years for it to be forgiven.

If he lives in the home for a few years and then sells the house he has to pay the Government back - what he has to pay back might be somewhat prorated, but he still has to pay something back.

This program has been around and was there even before the banking collapse. It is for first time home owners or those fresh off a 7 year bankruptsy.

We did this program through Venture financial in 2002 and the Government got us a low interest rate under 5% and paid our downpayment of $10,000. We got a 5 bedroom home for $120,000 with mortgage payments of $700.00 a month.

It is well worth it if you just want to settle into a home for good and have a really low interest rate and payment option with no point or mortagage adjustments. When the deal closes you are locked in at those rates and mortgage for good.

Now is a great time to buy, if you can get this type of loan. You can get a 3000 square foot home worth $480,000 for $230,000 right now in Arizona, so it is a great time to buy as long as you get a really low locked interest rate and mortgage payment.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra

Like my grandparents taught me years ago. If its not yours, its stealing. Ill keep my work ethics, Ill keep working hard, and when the ship goes down in flames, Ill be roasting marshmellows.
LOL, Well I wish you well in your marshmallow roasting endeavor because the ship is going down by the head, and taking on water fast..

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Like I was trying to tell Kagin, take the money if you qualify for it, and stop fretting the unfairness of it all. It's obvious that jealousies and resentments are eating you guys up inside. Put your Puritan work ethics and morals in your pocket for better times. If you don't you're all going to get ulcers or have coronaries. Like Kagin said: If you can't beat them, join 'em!

That's the word I was looking for: jealousy. So much of people judging others these days sounds like jealousy. It's not a good thing. And I say this for anyone, not just OP: What you think someone else may have over you, may be made up for in other ways in your own life. The people who do it all on their own can have the knowing that they did it all on their own and will probably continue to do it all on their own. Wonderful! There has to be a certain confidence that comes with that, and security that they don't need the government. The person who depends on help is going to be just that - somewhat dependent, at least for a while. So they will pay in their own way. It's not for us to judge and hate.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

i agree with you on this, ide rather keep my no debt to any one status, & although your friend said it doesnt have to be paid back, i wonder weather he read the small print ?, no such thing as a free lunch

& if obama is giving out hand outs that any one can have, thats a great way to realy p-ss off a lot of bill paying people, do i sence some serious agro on the horizon

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
The sad thing is that if you do the principled thing, you lose out, and will always finish last. Your just screaming in the wilderness.

I disagree entirely. The world can do whatever it may, but having the peace of mind knowing that I'm doing the right thing regardless of circumstances is a greater treasure than anything that ever be purchased by mere money. I know the futility of screaming at those who do not want to listen, but I have noticed the wilderness leaning into me asking why I'm the only one smiling.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
he guys,

Just wanted to say that i recently bought a house in Germany and they have this kind of thing for years. The whole idea is when you buy your first house the goverment will lend you 25% of the total mogage against 0,5% intrest. The other 75% is lended to you by a bank for 5/6% intrest.

You still pay the same amount back to goverment as you would with a normal loan but after ten years that amount is completly paid back thus reducing your monthly burden by 25%.

Maybe this is the kind of deal your friend was talking about or does he really get 8000 to 10.000 up front when he buys house???

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wintermarches

I voted for Obama, so I am all for helping people. But, based on the trend that has developed from the past bailouts.. It just hasn't helped. I don't want to have another failed attempt that lays on the taxpayers wallet. And I certainly don't want to see more people default on their homes! I think everyone should live within their own means for now. If you can afford a house, then yes, go for it. But, if you can't and you just want to take advantage of the opportunity because you don't want to miss out.. Well, thats an issue for me.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
Did the money given to the banks help? Nope. Did the money given to the car industry help? Nope. So, tell me.. With all the money thats been literally wasted over the past year, do you think that this is really going to work?? Its a lot deeper then the housing industry, and while it might help for a little while, one of the other issues are sure to pull it back down..

The problem isn't money, it's trust. Banks don't trust consumers to pay back loans. Banks aren't trusted to responsibly lend and invest. The government doesn't trust banks and businesses to handle their finances responsibly. The people don't trust the government to help business.

The most blaringly ironic part to me about this whole mess is that banks were once referred to as a 'Trust'.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

HAHA, very true.. Now the people don't trust the banks to pay back the bailout money.. Its very Ironic indeed

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I disagree entirely. The world can do whatever it may, but having the peace of mind knowing that I'm doing the right thing regardless of circumstances is a greater treasure than anything that ever be purchased by mere money.
You're joking right? Without money you can do very little in this country aside from being homeless and starving to death. Eventually they'll probably find a way to tax them too.

God helps those who help themselves.. How you choose tohelp yourself is up to interpretation.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Bench taxes
Its really not funny, but I can see it

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You're joking right?

Not at all. When you trust in humanity, humanity will let you down most of the time. This is why people get so upset. My spouse yells at other drivers, "You should KNOW better!" but I don't get angry at other drivers. I expect other drivers to do whatever they feel like with complete disregard for others. I'm never disappointed. I do see an occasional courtesous driver smile, wave, and let me in and that really makes my day.

Without money you can do very little in this country aside from being homeless and starving to death. Eventually they'll probably find a way to tax them too.

If this comes to pass, so be it. Worrying while it happens doesn't change the outcome.

God helps those who help themselves..

Where is that in the Bible again?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

As a reply to your "firstly" comment, it may belong to you but you didn't earn it, you earn what you earn, not what you can grab from other tax payers. And "secondly", what he's trying to do is to convince people not to take it because if you do you're just sending the country into a temporary fix which will most likely just come back as a deeper recession, thats gonna affect you, your kids, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Bench taxes

Certainly possible. I don't know what the government is going to do with the garbage discards they collect from those taxes however. No doubt they'll turn around and give them a 'tax break' by letting them keep the thrown away sandwiches and announce to the world how wonderful they are by allowing people to keep them.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Never thought I would start seeing people turn on each other like this. I guess they did a good job of shifting our focus away from the all of the thieves up on wall street and in DC!

Here is the solution guys. Since we're all so upset about this tax credit for new home buyers, then let's just tell the government to take that 8k and put it to better use in Iraq, or maybe just push it all towards black projects!! Because the government is so interested in what we want, right? Because that tax money belongs to you, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I have to respond to the driver thing. My husband does this all the time. I said, you don't know what kind of day they are having. They could be trying to get to urgent care, just lost their job, or found out their parent is dying.

Even if someone is being a blatant jerk, I think: there must be a reason, and go about my merry way.

I was looking in my car mirror the other. Just because I was losing count of the grey hairs, and admiring my new wrinkles. When the driver next door rolled down his window and yelled, you look beautiful.

Totally made my day.

I said people need to do this sort of thing more often.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by LLoyd45

Bench taxes
I'm waiting for the sidewalk tax myself or possibly new property taxes on your box, collected by bands of roving policemen in the wee hours of the night.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OP: It seems to me that you are ''cutting your nose off, to spite your face''.

If as I suspect, that you paid your taxes all your working life so far, then in my mind, you are ENTITLED to the Government incentive to own your own home ......... I say get it while you still can.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It is a buyers market out there. Now is a good time to buy property IF you have the means. Buy low, and sell high. Making a profit is not evil.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join