It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost it at work today.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Tell him he's part of the problem if you feel like it... at least that's your business because you're one of the millions who's being robbed from by Obama to pay for this. But if he wants to purchase a home right now, it's his risk and his business... not yours.

That's what I did, and I told him why. And it was my business as he was trying to convince me to do the same thing.

Don't tell me it's none of my business. It is MY DAMN BUSINESS.

Why is it your business?

Because you pay a couple hundred dollars in tax a year?

Pfft get off your high horse!
Why aren't you whinging about all that money being given to the banks that caused most of these problems? your hard earned pays for that too.

What about those stupid roads?
Your kids don't need roads! As long as they got food, ALL IS WELL.

Oh you can't forget the hospitals either, they suck money from your taxes like a LEACH! damn those selfish hospitals....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Many cities and counties around the country already have these grants in place. They've been in place for years. This is not a new thing, this is just a new grant under the stimulus bill.

As for buying right now, if you have a stable job and cann afford it, now IS the time to buy. Can your co-worker afford the payment? This is the question. What no one seems to understand is that loans are not being given away now like they were a few years back. Joe Schmo with a 600 FICO that works at McDonald's cannot walk into a lender and get a loan for a 700K home anymore. That's what was happening a few years ago. Those days are GONE. I know this, because I am a mortgage processor and have been for 13 years. It's difficult now for a couple making $100k a year with 800 FICO scores to get a $300k loan now, even with their own down payment.

These grants are not just money being given to anyone and everyone so that they can get their own piece of the pie. These buyers have to actually FULLY QUALIFY for home loans, just like in the "old days" and this money simply helps with a down payment, nothing more.

As for Brokers trying to keep the money for themselves, I've no doubt some will try to do this, but in reality, most of those greey brokers who helped get us into this crisis aren't even in business anymore. They didn't know how to do clean business and they ended up suffering.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I have to say that some of us pay way more than a couple of hundred, try 12,000$ a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Money I earned all by my self that I will never see again.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
For what it's worth. It's all tax money that not going back to those who paid it in. Why not take advantage of it while it's available. Better to give to first time home buyers than to throw away in some pork barrel projects.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Very true, but if the US tax system is similar to Australians, whatever tax you pay is proportional to what you earn (to an extent)

It's obvious that the more you earn the more you pay

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

Many of the brokers indeed suffered. But the people who came up with the 'no documentation loans' that everyone is rightfully up in arms about are, for the most part, doing quite well thank you very much. They started selling these outrageously leveraged, high-risk loans and the brokers, looking to make a buck, found people to take them. They all blew-up but the government came in to bail them out. The brokers got screwed but the people responsible (as usual) are fat and happy. It's a beautiful thing.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Why is it your business?

I already stated why. READ.

Because you pay a couple hundred dollars in tax a year?

How in the hell do you even know how much I pay? Do you want me to send you my tax statements?

Pfft get off your high horse! Why aren't you whinging about all that money being given to the banks that caused most of these problems? your hard earned pays for that too.

Oh you think I wasn't complaining about that? By the way, where in the hell do you think all of this money is going to anyway?

It's about all of it. All of the spending is way out of control. Don't criticize me. You aren't even in the US. So i guess THIS IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS EITHER RIGHT????????????????

What about those stupid roads? Your kids don't need roads! As long as they got food, ALL IS WELL.

Yeah, the roads are in TIP TOP shape...thanks to tax dollars!

Oh you can't forget the hospitals either, they suck money from your taxes like a LEACH! damn those selfish hospitals....

The whole point of the thread is THAT WE ARE DOING MORE OF WHAT GOT US INTO TROUBLE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Go ahead and try to spin it in other directions.

The mortgage crisis doesn't happen, THIS THREAD DOESN'T HAPPEN. None of it does.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
when you get angry, stress strains the human nervous system which leads to cancer and heart disease, strokes, ect.

i suggest, you stop being so stuck in the moment.

worry about yourself.

Obama is the leader of the free world, a member of the masons, CFO leader, Harvard leader....

the world is in good hands.

now, you mr, need to relax, and stop being so petty. big picture thinking, get a girlfriend, get off ats, stop posting about Obama 10times a day for weeks, and months, and going on years.

link   
It's the whole something for nothing mentality. I've busted my butt all these years and worked for everything I have and it seems that I'm a chump by today's standards.
Of course, I believe I'd have been screwed no matter what anyway. This whole crash is orchestrated.

Nevertheless, it really does suck to have morals sometimes.

link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

So what you are saying is if you can't beat them, join them?? My husbands 401K is falling off a cliff and you expect me to be happy about people taking MORE and can buy a house now?? No sir, I can't be happy about that.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well there has been a class of people living off the backs of government and tax payers for generations so give the guy a break. I'm with him when a little guy can get an opportunity in this country. Life ain't worth a crap without a good job and a home to rest your feet so i think what Obama is doing is great for the little guy and when was the last time you saw help with such things for the little people? Got over it, don't be so bitter towards your fellow man receiving a foot up on life.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
David, why the hate. These people are entitled to a house on your dime. Didnt you get that memo? Entitled to a nice home, good medical care, daycare for the kids, etc...

Working hard and actually earning what you have are very old ideas, we need to move forward and just let the government give us what we need. Once we have everything we want, we wont need our paychecks as the government is better at taking care of us when we need it.

Good thing I dont have kids, I would hate to see what their bill is going to be for this disaster.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
David, why the hate. These people are entitled to a house on your dime.

Who exactly are 'these people'?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Because people who buy homes takes less homes off the inventory, brings home values up, less properties are left derelect. The more property values go up, the less people lose out, the more the states make money, and people can now get loans for what their properties are actually worth. Then people are able to start selling houses again, employ realators and construction workers.

EVERYBODY WINS

All you hear is 10,000.

But the ramifications, of bringing values up, and bringing revenue in, are far far higher.

People who bitch about teh 10,000 are the ones who don't see that spending an extra 200 dollars on an energy efficient water heater ends up saving them 12,000 in electric bills over a lifetime of that heater.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by nixie_nox]

[edit on 20-2-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My sister in law used a program 4 years ago through ACORN that helps people pay their closing costs which came out to like $8,000.00 which Im sure does come from the government. She didnt get a subprime mortgage or anything and still lives in that house. Shes doesnt accept anything from government and never has. She has paid in over $40,000 in taxes over the past 4 years. So I say to myself is this just people grubbing off of the government or is this just another taxpayer trying to get some of their money back? Until government shrinks to the Ron Paul levels that I would like to see I think its safe to say that if you have a chance to get some of your money back I say take it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

David, why the hate. These people are entitled to a house on your dime.

Who exactly are 'these people'?

No, Im not racist. By "these people", I mean ANYONE who belives it is their right to take taxpayer money to benefit themselves through the money and or work of others who actually hold themselves accountable for their actions. You want a house, fine, go buy one, with YOUR money, not mine.

I worked very hard for what I have, bought my land with cash I raised, built my home myself with tools and lumber I created or purchased.

Makes me sick that people out there are getting "free" money to walk in and have the "good" life, while those of us working hard, paying our taxes get beat down everytime someone wants something.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by badgerprints

I think the OP might be trying to say that the problem here is everybody seems to think they deserve a free ride.

This what I'm trying to say. I don't have much, but i've earned everything I have. I don't have credit cards. I don't have a house to leverage things with.

What do I have? I have truck that i pay payments on. That's it. I've drove nothing but pieces of crap vehicles my whole life. I finally earned enough money to be able to afford one.

But, oh wait, I could have bought a house and leveraged everything on it and be in the same damn place so many people are.

I PLAYED BY THE RULES.
I live within my means and I am being punished for it because everyone else thinks they are entitled to having a house, a car, a job, etc.

You work to earn these. These are not supposed to be given to you. You have to get up off your ass AND DO IT YOURSELF.

I have a kid on the way.

I don't have a house. I don't have 2 shining vehicles in the driveway. I don't have a huge stereo system. I don't even have a damn dog.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT>>>>I DON"T CARE THAT I DON"T HAVE THESE THINGS.

What do I care about??

THAT MY KID IS FED AND HAS A BETTER OPPORTUNITY THAN I DO.

And thanks to everyone out there with their hands out that are DESTROYING that opportunity.

This country has lost it's morals and principles.

Some out there are no better than the corrupt and greedy politicians that are supposed to serve us.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by David9176]for spelling

[edit on 20-2-2009 by David9176]

I understand what your saying, but I think you're mistaking a principled stand with a stand based on resentment. You resent anyone who has an easier time than you do, I think..you only respect those who went through what you are going through. Sorry bro, but everything is relative. People have different kinds of struggles, different challenges..your co-worker is jumping on an opportunity. If you want someone to blame, blame washington, wall street, and all the credit-loving people we have here in america without a whit of financial responsibility...I don't know your co-worker's background, so I don't know if he's responsible or not..but I DO know that, as someone who's never owned a home/condo, I will be taking advantage of this when I'm ready, without guilt or shame at all. It's what one does with an opportunity that determines whether someone is worthy of it, really..

Edit: and, to be quite honest, it's none of your business..not your place to go off on someone because they're getting something that you're not..regardless of how you feel about it.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by dragonseeker]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Eh, get yourself elected in 2012 and fix it yourself if it bothers you so much.

Your anger is misplaced, you workmate obviously works so he's not a free loader.

Direct your anger at the dole bludging free loaders if you have to, they're the one who waste tax dollars.

FWIW, I totally regret buying my house, I bought it on the premise that my job was stable.

So very wrong.

I haven't had a job for 4 months and have only barely been able to make ends meet.

I'm no free loader, I don't take unemployment money even though I'm entitled to it.
I've worked HARD for everything I have.

Like I said, if you workmate can afford it, then he should do it.

And you should not get so worked up about it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by Layla

Many of the brokers indeed suffered. But the people who came up with the 'no documentation loans' that everyone is rightfully up in arms about are, for the most part, doing quite well thank you very much. They started selling these outrageously leveraged, high-risk loans and the brokers, looking to make a buck, found people to take them. They all blew-up but the government came in to bail them out. The brokers got screwed but the people responsible (as usual) are fat and happy. It's a beautiful thing.

Some, but not all. Have you ever visited the Mortgage Implode website? You might get an idea of how many of these banks went out of business and did not get bailed out. I am not saying that what happened in the market wasn't wrong. I am not saying people shouldn't be up in arms, I'm just saying that there are still worthy people out there who can buy homes, responsibly and that this IS in fact the time to do it

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

No, Im not racist. By "these people", I mean ANYONE who belives it is their right to take taxpayer money to benefit themselves through the money and or work of others who actually hold themselves accountable for their actions. You want a house, fine, go buy one, with YOUR money, not mine.

I worked very hard for what I have, bought my land with cash I raised, built my home myself with tools and lumber I created or purchased.

Makes me sick that people out there are getting "free" money to walk in and have the "good" life, while those of us working hard, paying our taxes get beat down everytime someone wants something.

What percentage of these people do that though? You're making out everyone who takes this money is a total free loader that's never paid taxes or earned a wage.

What a ridiculous notion!

Most are probably just as hard working as you say you are and have just been caught in an unfortunate situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join