It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost it at work today.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I haven't read all 11 pages of this thread, so I don't know if this has been said already, but I think it bears repeating.

The government giving money to people to buy houses for the first time is a straight up scam when you look at the housing plan that was introduced.

Nobody, and I repeat, Nobody knows where the bottom is. You can buy a house today for a good price and the next day you can be upside down.

At that point Mr. Friendly government can come to your aid and help you renegotiate so you can afford your home.

At this point I don't trust anything the government it is doing, it really is starting to look like a communist coup.

"Hey buy a house , well give you money." Then mr. mortgage owner defaults, banks have now dug themselves deeper. Nice Government comes in nationalizes the banks, and says, "We know your in a bad situation right now, but we will allow you to stay in your home until things get better."

You now don't own anything or have a chance to own anything and the government can now kick you out of your house and put cameras in and microphones and do anything they wish with it, because they own the home.

AMERICA IS BROKE!!!! WE ARE BANKRUPT!!!!

This is designed to make the situation worse so the government can own all of us.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
the whole "people owe more on their houses than they're worth" thing reminds me of me... and my car.
and probably everyone else who has bought a new car.
I buy a car for 15000, of course, not buying it but getting a loan for it. Since I was 18 and needed to get to work 20min out of town every day, I needed that car... and the best rate they'd give me is 25%APR which is total

Anyways, when you try to bring the damn thing in for a trade in, or even try to sell it... you'll never get $15000 for it again. Lucky if you get $5000! Of course, after a year of paying 25% interest, the principal only dropped to $14000. With $5000 trade in, I end up having to stick another $9000 on top of any new vehicle I buy. I can't refinance for a better rate now that I've had a steady job and make much more, because the loan company just doesn't do it. If I DO get a new car, my loan will be $9000 more, making my payments even higher, and round and round and round I'll go until 20 years from now when I go to get a car, 95% of the financing will be for previous debts and 5% will be the actual MSRP of the vehicle.

makes me want to just mail 'em the keys and leave it in a field somewhere. So I know what homeowners feel like. Man, money was the smartest thing TPTB invented to turn us all into slaves without us knowing it. Black people want to sit at the front of the bus? Well, it doesn't matter because we're ALL black people to corporations.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

how about the upper income folks? Government back loans, subsidized insurance(national flood insurance programs), subsidized travel (airlines), borrowing money from your kids for there tax cuts.
This should be the final death of reaganomics (Voodoo economics George Bush '79) it failed the first time , how much debt did it leave us in the late 80's (that why bush and Clinton raised taxes)?
What this country needs a conservative POLITICAL party(the replublicans were high jacked the religous conservatives.) Where is the group that believes in smaller government(reagon increased it by 80%, bush sr 40%, junior 80%(and he had republican congress), states right(not federalizing a state program , no child left behind), personal rights(not the patriot act) and responsiblity(shouldn't the republicans support a woman's right to choose as the ultimate act of responsibility, terminating a pregancy they can't afford?),paying your bills on time (not borrowing from your kids),etc
We have no balance of power in this country both parties just grab the money.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
like the op above me, i have not read all 11 pages, im not getting into the discussion, just replying to the opening post.

DUDE.. are you like this with everyone? its not a very nice to act round prople.

the guy getting the government money is doing NOTHING wrong in the slightest, and was trying to help you by saying its avaliable to you also.

Life may be constant minefield of moral challenges but that doesnt mean you have any right to shout down one of your workmates as you dont think its right..

fact is, this time, no matter how much you dont like it, its right ... the government are trying to help people by giving them money to buy a house... frankly i think thats a brilliant scheme for a government to run to help people get that first place of their own in this fragile day and age.

you should also take it while its their, like someone on page one said... it wont be their for ever! and when ever are you going to get that $10000 deposit for a new house so easy. you should be thanking your government (ye, i said it) for such an awesome scheme!.. i wish they had stuff like this in the uk! ..

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Edit: I retract my statement.

[edit on 2/22/2009 by systemic.aberration]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Your country is in the # because :

#1 your government encouraged over spending and banks to hand out loans to people who could not afford to repay.

#2 Your government encouraged national pride and ego in a time when is should have encouraged restraint.

#3 Your government encouraged war.

#4 your government encouraged individualism and a lack of community respect and understanding.

#5 Your government encouraged you to spite the world community and go against the world treaties such as Kyoto and encouraged you to buy Gas guzzling SUV's when the world needed less smoke. Your government set away the truth and entered you via the media into states of confusion and opposition.

A nation is a community and like a family it has to help all members otherwise it is just not humane.

The financial crisis is a direct result of Bush and the right wing factions who often sought to help themselves while propagating fear and now the philosophy eats away at itself because no leader has the balls to stand up and say, "we got it wrong"

Two things can happen. You can either continue in the lawless and despicable direction you are going and run yourselves totally into the ground or you can admit the mistakes you have made in your journey and from that moment on things will get better. Same is true for the nation.

It is up for the people to decide what they want for themselves but the collective mindhive wanted the dream but could not afford the price.

Sorry but that is just the law of nature. No matter how powerful you are or how many nuclear bombs you have, you cannot escape that law.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by spacial]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
OP,

Who has been in charge for the past 8 years? REPUBLICANS - it should be clear by now their ideology is flawed.

Do you use highways? Have you ever dialed 9-11? Did you go to public school? Have you ever used the post office, highways, or public libraries? Financial aid?

"unemployment is rising at an alarming rate," and what do you propose is the purpose of the stimulus bill?

Instead of a crying in a conspiracy forum, take a second to realize the hypocrisy in your words. Perhaps, take an economics class, and try to fully understand the current financial crisis and how it arrived to this... anything instead of regurgitating talking points from Rush Limbaugh. Tax cuts will NOT solve the situation. It was lack of government oversight, and regulation that led us in this situation in the first place. Please step back, relax, and comprehend that the world's top economists have put their heads together to solve this crisis... unfortunately, republicans and so-called "fiscally conservatives" have contributed NOTHING, and instead have sabotaged the recovery package... which any (intellectually honest) economist will agree is NOT enough, so a second bill will be necessary.

Just put your ideology aside, and understand this is what's best for the country... for the world. There is no conspiracy here to "take your money." Sometimes, sacrifices have to be made. The flaw with libertarianism is that it is a religion in its own right. When government intervention works, a libertarian's response is that the prosperity would have been even greater if only the "authoritarians" had stepped back, and let the markets work. When these very policies lead to abject failure, they blame the inevitable impurities that have hindered a so-called "true" free market system, like the Fed, in order to bolster their discredited faith.

It is unhealthy to "lose it" at work, and perhaps the best answer I can offer is to seek a therapist. Quite frankly, this seems more like a cry for attention - not to be disrespectful, but how many members do you see with their pictures, who start as many threads as you? It may only be a subconscious act, but it is something to take notice.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Blagojevich]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I feel your pain man. I work with a bunch of.... uninformed/unintelligent people myself at work. In fact yesterday I had to explain to them why inflation would cause bills and the prices of everything to go up and I was explaining this to 4 grown a$$ people. I'm talking ages 30+. It's ridiculous how many facts people just don't know or are too ignorant (either intentionally or unintentionally) to even understand. I wanted to be a first time buyer this year, I even had the perfect small cottage picked out but when all these big bail outs and this economic turmoil started happening I stopped looking for a house and decided to go get a passport and have the rest of my money on hand for when I think it's time to leave the states. But even if that guy made you mad at your job perhaps you helped him and don't even know it. He may not have had the "other side" POV until you told him what you know and how you felt. You never know, you may have just helped him rethink his decision!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I feel you man.

What ever happened to working hard paying your bills and being proud?

Everyone is hurting , but just saying screw it, take what you can get ect,ect will only kill us as a country in the long run. We've only ourselves to blame if it comes to that.

There's no such thing as FREE. Nothing, nothing in life is free.

Also, I believe in Karma, and I know if I do the right thing good things will happen for me, one day. Trust me bro, work hard, screw your friend he's part of the problem. Be proud of yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
[

If this continues to happen it will just keep ballooning the problem.

This is a huge part of why this country is in trouble yet we keep doing it.

I won't be apart of this. I refuse to.

If i'm missing out on thieving taxpayers then so be it.

I hope everyone else enjoys my money.

The way the world is going right now, I wouldn't hesitate for one second to take "free money" from anyone including the government or the everyday tax payer. These are the same people that could careless on taking money from you.

Our government is stupid.. The same people who got us into this situation, is the same people who are making it worst. People with big eyes. People that are greedy. Screw them..
I am waiting for my free money for actually paying my bills and not buying things I know I can't afford, like big mortgages!

I say we throw all of these greedy bitches that got us into this problem into Iraq. Bring home our hard working people and make these greedy people fight for what they screwed up.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blagojevich

Great post.

Yeah, I listen to Rush Limbaugh all day. For someone who knows that I post many threads, you must not read them or you would know I can't stand him. In fact, you wouldn't have made many of the statements you just did.

I hate everything that is happened. You don't have to tell me things I already know. I know what Republicans did. I know what Democrats are doing. They are no different than one another.

Once people get it through their damn minds that we DON"T HAVE THE FREAKING MONEY maybe we can start to actually fix this country, but unfortunately we have people LIKE YOU who think otherwise.

After all, you seem to think you know as well as I do what is best for the country.

We've been overspending for years and we are know so far in debt it's probably going to be impossible to get out of it. This is exactly what we've been doing for the last 8 years and in the last 4 months we've kicked it into overdrive. Yeah, let's keep doing more of what is causing the problem...that's sure to fix it.

Never mind every dollar we are spending right now is being funded by China. Who cares right? Just give us some money.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

welcome to the world of mankind... teh sucks....

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I said this in another thread the other day,
when my parents went to buy their first house (from a condo) they wanted to take out a $200k mortgage. Because that's all they really needed, they had the other $300k. And the bank said "well, your credit is really good, we can give you a bigger loan if you want!"

To which my parents replied "Why would we take more money than we can pay off, when we don't really need it?"

Obviously they took the $200k and are still paying it off. Imagine if they had taken more.

/I wish that the government would give out those crazy loans for education, instead of home-owning. You can give a man a fish, or you can teach him how to do it himself...

[edit on 2/22/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I wouldnt worry about it too much.

In the longer term the govt is going to make claim on your home, owned or not, and then lease it back to you. You will also be given a lump sum of money - Probably $100,000 or so to do with as you please. All debt will be wiped. Everyone will start with a clean slate. So regardless as to whether you own your current home or not, we are going to start again on a clean playing field.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What I like is I've been making my house payments every month, on time, for the past few years when I first purchased, as have OVER 90% of home owners.

Why should I be stuck paying out extra money for the people that buy outside their means, or can't handle their own finances?

"But I've been laid off for five months, I can't make my payments"

You know what? You should have taken the mortgage insurance for such an event.

AND I was out of work for a year (Northeastern Wisconsin is a black hole for jobs). I made my payments. And I kept looking for a job, I didn't look for hand outs, because in the long run, all you have is yourself.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Due to life circumstances my mother was a single parent with four children. I grew up in what most people would call a housing estate for extremely poor people. I have many memories of going hungry. My mother worked full time.
In the early eighties or late seventies, when i was about ten, the then Australian government offered low interest loans to low income families in order for them to be able to buy houses. My mother bought the place we were living in. She hammered away for 10 or so years and then re-bought another. I remember moving into this suburb thinking we were rich. Since then she has made some successful moves and has five acres of land nearby where we lived.

That was a changing point in our lives and fortunes. Three of us all own successful businesses, with my elder sister owning a large international company. Collectively we would have paid what my mum borrowed for that first house in taxes alone this year.
I am very grateful to those powers that let us have that opportunity because we wanted so bad to realize our dreams but could not.

The main people who attacked us were the middle class who seemed hell bent on keeping us down. Even as a kid i had to face a constant taunt of crap. Now i see it wasn't personal, it was just about the taxes... lol mainly coming from factory workers and construction industries that kind of thing. The rich people on the outskirts of out neighborhood.

honestly, it's a chip on my shoulder that has been with me a long time and will continue to do so.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
come on people!!!

Don't be ignorant. Lets think this through for a minute.

Okay??

Let's see here....

The govt will give you free money to buy a new home..... YAY!!!

soo.... you move out of your apartment and you decide to purchase a new home as a first time buyer. Then in a year(more/less) the SHTF. You lose your job, you cant pay your mortgage, have to choose between putting food on the table, or losing your house. But in the end you lose your house.

Now.... you would probably be in the same situation if you were renting, BUT,,,, your rental payments are going to a person/business. NOT THE BANK! So you can probably work something out(barter system).

Last time I checked, you can't barter with the banks.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Black people want to sit at the front of the bus? Well, it doesn't matter because we're ALL black people to corporations.

You're implication here is that black people are somehow lesser citizens. I know you probably don't realize how bigoted your statement is. Do you?

Never mind. Don't answer. That's a larger issue not within the scope of this thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So you get $8k+ of your own tax money back. Good, its the least they can do.

I don't know how anyone could have a problem getting a tax refund or a tax cut from your Federal income tax which should be illegal anyway.

Get over it David, your co-worker was right.

Take some of that money back before they blow more of it into their FEMA camps and banker bailouts.

[edit on 24/2/09 by xstealth]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I hate to ask this but is the person who is asking for the hand out an educated white person? Yep, that sounds racist...so what. I'd like the question answered.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join