It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Causes/Effects of Gaza Attacks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm looking for a scholarly discussion here.

It seems that mere weeks ago, the conflict between the IDF and Hamas had finally taken a break with the cease-fire implemented.
But now, IMO, it is obvious that this recent chain of events could be the beginning of a much larger scale conflict, involving many nations and possibly setting off a major world war.

So I ask you, what do you believe will be the lasting effects of Yisrael's most recent troubles, and also what do you believe were the centerpiece causes of the sudden outbreak of violence from Hamas?

Let's keep this discussion alive, folks, and see if we civil-minded citizens can pinpoint the root(s) of the conflict, and again what the possible effects will be.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
All Israel did in my opinion was to insure a breeding ground for future generations of Hamas and jihad. There will be pay back in the only way these people can , Terror attack, as a middle aged white catholic married with mortgage male, the overkill and unnecessary violence has incensed me to the point of me wanting to a jihad, look out Israel, you made that bed

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

Ah, so you feel that Yisrael was not justified in retaliation? What, then, would have been a reasonable alternative to striking back violently?

new topics

join