It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Airports Controversial 32 FT Zombie Mustang Sculpture

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It seems the Artist of "The Mustang" in Denver worked on it for 15 years and after dying his son came to finish it. The artist was called Luis Jimenez.

In the San Luis Valley of southern Colorado, the old ones will sometimes tell the story of a mustang who led all the others – one who could run even faster than the wind. He would gather the herd from the plains and lead them to where the sweetest grass and water were to be found. They tell of a blue mustang whose eyes glowed red – he could run so fast some said he could fly.

great legend ...but I dont think I like the work...hmmmm

some great images here of close ups... even his rear end ...eek
www.squidoo.com...

www.slvdweller.com.../archives/2008/06/18/A-Legend-Comes-to-Denver.xhtml

The Uk version of a large horse is still in the making..

'Angel of the South' to be giant white horse

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Does it really have red lights in the eyes? Or is that a trick of light and shadow or a photoshop?

Honestly repainting it and taking out the red eyes wouldn't it just look like a normal horse?

I was just in Denver a couple of weeks ago. The Bronco is AWESOME, and yes the eyes are really red, they have LED lights inside. At first we thought it was a trick of light as well, but then we came back through in the early early hours of the morning before the sun was up, and they were glowing red. The murals in the airport are beautiful as well, and just amazing.

My children just oohed and awed in the train tunnels, as you zip by they have lots of small "propellers" on the walls that spin as the train goes by. Fun for the children.

And no, when I saw the horse I never thought to "run and grab holy water" as someone said. I was all "wow that is awesome". ART people, art.

If you have ever been to any city that has an establishment of artist, you will find many amazing and "strange" and "interesting" art pieces. Artists love to use their imaginations.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I seriously find it sickening that people can come together and protest a horse statue but we cant get any of these cretins to get off their behinds to protest whats going to kill them in the next couple of years.....

hilarity....just one more reason that this human race will fall....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The Blue Peril

Originally posted by Krystian
I seriously find it sickening that people can come together and protest a horse statue but we cant get any of these cretins to get off their behinds to protest whats going to kill them in the next couple of years.....

Go ahead. Laugh all you want.

But you won't be laughing so hard when the Blue Mustang comes for you!

[edit on 8/6/2009 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think the Mustang rocks.

I'd love to have that on a tshirt. It would look just as cool as my "Three wolves, one moon" tshirt.

The chicks would just FLOCK to me!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The 'Horse from Hell' is a perfect mascot for the U.S. intelligence establishment moving to Colorado.

There are many elements to DIA that feel ritualistic, and the 'Horse from Hell' makes me wonder if it is an element used to trigger programming in some people.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The Blue Peril

Originally posted by Krystian

Go ahead. Laugh all you want.

But you won't be laughing so hard when the Blue Mustang comes for you!

[edit on 8/6/2009 by Majic]

But I

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
reply to post by eNumbra
[more
Have you checked out the other artwork in that place?
[edit on 6/8/09 by pretty_vacant]

Indeed, there's several huge murals depicting the Anti-Christ, of his rise and fall. They also include children of many nationalities cheering on his death, except for China who looks away.

I'm tempted to check this place out...

There are many elements to DIA that feel ritualistic, and the 'Horse from Hell' makes me wonder if it is an element used to trigger programming in some people.

I agree, but in creating such designs the place has probably become a de facto spiritual center. Just from pictures I can tell of its importance, whether or not it was intended to be that way.

Here are some of the Anti-Christ murals:
conquest
Death/Peace?

There's a few other murals without the Anti-Christ, specifically one with children gathering around the tree of knowledge (my interpretation anyways). From the symbolism that I recognize, these are definitely religious artworks... the fact that they are in an airport is indeed most interesting

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think the horse is cool. And the murals inside the airport look awesome too from the pics I've seen.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The artwork is alright, although it is obviously out of proportion in various areas.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The same artist did the giant bear too.

The name of the statue is "Famine", but it IS also a tribute to Mustangs, which provided long distance travel in the old west, just like airplanes do today.

Luis Jimenez is famous for doing southwestern sorts of sculptures. As someone mentioned earlier, this horse killed him, a part of it fell on him severing an artery.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

That is gorgeous! I take it that this airport supports the arts, and most likely has other pieces on the grounds? That would be my assumption because this is great art, I don't think it is meant to represent anything other than that.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Lets see a giant statue of a Bronco at the airport in the city of the Broncos football team. Sorry but I see no Controversy or Conspiracy here. I think the Statue of Liberty is far more creepier than this BRONCO.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The murals depict a story in the Bible. Pounding swords into plowshares. Before that is a soldier with a gasmask and sword stabbing a dove, women carrying their dead children to sacrificed to the Gods. Possibly symbolic of whats to come. A pandemic in which targets the womb of an expectant mother, or reproductive system, hence the dead babies.

Then it shows children gathered around the tree of life.

Also there is a symbol AU AG which often stands for gold and silver but as I undertand also short for Australian Antigen, which I think is an airborn influenza like H1N1 for instance, but when a conteact with anotbodies like say hepatitis becomes Australian Antigen.

There is a time capsule for 100 years laid in 1994 and a masonic plaque with a message to the people in 100 years.

Rumored to be below DIA is an underground city, about 4 miles wide on each side. Also there is rumor of an arc, being held there.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Here's the message this work of art has for me -

Nightmare

... is a dream which causes a strong unpleasant emotional response from the sleeper, typically fear or horror, being in situations of extreme danger ... Such dreams can be related to physical causes ... or psychological ones ... or can have no apparent cause. If a person has experienced a psychologically traumatic situation in life ... the experience may come back to haunt them in their nightmares. Sleepers may waken in a state of distress and be unable to get back to sleep for some time.

Source : Wikipedia

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/671ca98641b1.jpg[/atsimg]
Which brings this to mind -

American Dream

The American Dream is a national ethos of the United States of America in which democratic ideals are perceived as a promise of prosperity for its people. In the American Dream, first expressed by James Truslow Adams in 1931, citizens of every rank feel that they can achieve a "better, richer, and happier life." The idea of the American Dream is rooted in the second sentence of the Declaration of Independence which states that "all men are created equal" and that they have "certain inalienable Rights"[3] including "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."[3]

Source : Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thanks again, PrettyVacant, for recommending my thread Denver International Aiport - Mass Body Transportation Center? to everyone on here.

While my thread does not have a very attractive name ("Mass Body Transportation Center), it contains sources to further details on all the artwork.

The following links are very interesting and will give you a much better understanding (yes, the horse really has red eyes):

DIA denies anything controversial at Airport

Vigilant Citizen

Please feel free to drop a post on my thread. It's been around since April.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by MightyAl]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join