It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Transportation chief eyes taxing miles driven

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Much like unconstitutional firearms regulations, I refuse to worry about this that much because I will not be adhering to it regardless. I'll go to whatever government chip distribution center they require me to go to to have the chip installed, and a block down the road I'll stop, open my hood, and take a microtorch to the chip until it is nothing more than a melted glob, and then go about my business. If they want to make an issue out of it, then I guess I'll finally get my 15 minutes of fame on the nightly national news...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
This is an idea that will finally awaken the sleeping giant that is the American public.

Oh, please. I'm so sick of hearing that I'm asleep.

I just heard Gibbs say that this is NOT in the plan and it will NOT happen. It was just something the transportation guy mentioned.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Plus five other states are looking into........WAKE UP!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
so if i drive 100 miles in a guzzler at 5 mpg, you drive a Prius 100 miles at 50 mpg, and phage drives his 'lectric moped at unlimited mpg, we all apy the same? (except phage can't "pay at the pump")

I want my old GTO now

jw

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Plus five other states are looking into........

Looking into what? Do you have a link?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
More idiot political ideology screwing with the science of economics. Freakin' ridiculous. These people really can't see past their own liberalism to realize that our economy can't handle it right now.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Placing GPS trackers on vehicles to track mileage for taxing. This is not a new idea. (I don't save everything I read for a source that can be googled)

And Obama says he will not adopt a tax mileage policy just like he says he will not nationalize banks?

Well lets see who gets nationalized next week........hm hm hm Citi and B of A?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Plus five other states are looking into........

Looking into what? Do you have a link?

(Again I am made unfortunately aware of how Bush criticics must have felt when dealing with me when I was being the good little soldier and playing GOP appologist)

Pennsylvania: www.kyw1060.com...

Ohio: www.mountvernonnews.com...

Massachusetts: www.milforddailynews.com...

Minnesota: www.startribune.com...

Nevada: www.nevadaappeal.com...

Oregon: www.statesmanjournal.com...

Can you source your continuous excuses & defense of everything current adminsitration for us, BH?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Obama nixes plan to tax drivers on mileage

There you have yet.

From the horses mouth.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Can you source your continuous excuses & defense of everything current adminsitration for us, BH?
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I can tell from another thread there is a little friction with BH

But thanks for pulling the sources. My thought is that I can't convince or save the world. I post information that is relevant for people with like minds so we can stay informed.

If someone has to question details thats common news..... then they can google it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Just like he is going to nix Nationalizing the banks............

There you have it............

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Jesus. Can I ask a question without getting a bunch of crap for it? Apparently not. By the way, I always source the facts I give.

And if you see my first post in this thread, I'm NOT defending this. I'm totally against it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for the links and as far as the rest of your comments...

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When the retarded are making the rules then the rules will be retarded and this is a perfect case of it.. This idea is for by and for the stupid. You think the economy is bad now, wait until you do this. This idiots in DC need to be ridden out of office, then tried and convicted and put away.

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by nyk537

Will wonders never cease? LOL.

This is an idea that will finally awaken the sleeping giant that is the American public. If there is one thing that'll set a lot of people off is having their driving monitored.

I'll walk, and ride my bike first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join