It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi takes Italian vacation on your dime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Speaker Nancy Pelosi, her husband, and an eight member democratic congressional delegation traveled to Italy on Monday to attend a WWII commermoration this coming Sunday.

Pelosi is said to hold talks with top Italian officials regarding the economy and other policies. My review of the constitution indicates that the speaker of the house does not have the authority to conduct foreign policy.

While in Italy this week, Pelsoi, of Italian decsent, was presented with a birth certificate of her parents. She also met with the pope. And of course, site seeing. This sounds like a vacation to me, not official US business.

My concern is this - just last week she was attempting to empathize with the American worker stating she knew these were hard times. Why then use tax-payer money to fly to Italy for an entire week - it's not just the plane trip, consider hotels, food, ect.

We won't know the full cost of this trip for some time. The Govt is very lenient on turning in expense reports. So aside from her own husband, we don't know if these other eight congressional delegates took their spouses as well. Does your company allow for compensation for spouses on business trips? Didn't we just spank the bailout banks for their unnecessary use of planes?

In this economic climate, I think it's high time the govt do what each of us individual families have HAD to do and that's to trim unnecessary expenses. I don't believe elites really do understand the struggles of American families or, they just don't care. They should lead by example.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Don't be fooled....

She went there for a photo op with the Pope to show that you can be pro-choice and still be a Catholic. The Pontiff, God Bless Him, cut her off at the knees. Met with her and did not allow any photographs. Of course, the Speaker put her own spin on it, but the point was made. Catholics are bound by obedience and have a "grace and clear obligation" to oppose any law that attacks human life.

You can't have it both ways, Madame Speaker.

Pelosi, Pope Have No Meeting Of The Minds

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Gah, this sickens me! Dick Cheney really started ballin on these cats giving the VP powers they weren't suppose to have so everyone figures that since their job description was never written on paper they can do as they please.

Since when does the speaker of the house need to talk to a foreign nation about the economy and rationalize it as a business trip!! And other policies..what policies! Isn't that why we have PMs and secretaries and what not? Members of Congress are local, strictly and only.

This ticks me off

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

At least the Pope had the sense to rebuke her for liberal/progressive/Democrat policies that are not in line with her"faith."

Too bad no one else has the temerity to rebuke her over here.

jw

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I've never hit a woman !!!

My wife would rip her to shreds. =)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Why is it that every time I hear the name Nancy Pelosi I throw up in my mouth a little bit? I can't wait to never hear her name again!

-E-

new topics

top topics

join