It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... what's going on up there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It might just be me, but NASA sure has been quiet lately, especially considering they just unveiled an 'amazing' discovery... We know the probes are still up there (as they recently decided to extend the mission), but where's the constant reporting of every tiny detail?

Of course, there's been the situation in Iraq to report on... but does anyone else feel that bits of that might have been expounded upon to draw our attention away from something else?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Due to the recent (and at times horrific) blunders that occured with NASA projects recently, the fact that the rovers were actually working was indeed big news.

Now unfortunately it all has to do with IS IT A BIG STORY.

I don't think NASA is being quiet (I may be too trusting) I just think that unless it's a huge discovery it's not going to get any airplay.

And like you said, with people getting kidnapped, executed and hung from bridges in Iraq, it's just not going to get the play.

I may be wrong.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Both rovers stopped for 4 days to get a flight software update.
www.atsnn.com...

You can look what is going on here:
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Opportunity has just found a rock that matches the composition of meteorites that fell to Earth. Something not before done.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Opportunity has just found a rock that matches the composition of meteorites that fell to Earth. Something not before done.

That's cool.

I love me some science.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
One sure fire way to get media coverage on mars is claim that Osama is hiding out there and demand the martian government surrender him and their WMD's... then invade when they refuse...

OR

they could just find some life... either way

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Most people in the world are laymen (That is why i love the ATS community). They are just not interested in the fact that mars dirt has a certain composition. They only want to see bald aliens with round heads and eyes without pupils.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

One sure fire way to get media coverage on mars is claim that Osama is hiding out there

Can someone cut and paste a picture of Osama in front of a Park Hyatt or Starbucks on the surface of Mars and send it to JPL?

That could help them.

SPiderj

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The shuttles probaly will never fly again. For the manned space program to continue NASA has to buy some of Russia's space ships.

top topics

join