It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me with these anti-conspiracy freaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Basically I was arguing against basically a WHOLE FORUM with such topics as,

Holocaust numbers are wrong
Americans invaded Afghanistan with interest in drug-trade
9/11 was not by who you think

And some others and I'm getting attacked with stuff like, and I quote:

Well said. The internet is a wonderful resource, but people who believe any cloak and dagger conspiracy they read are just deceiving themselves - real research is still done by serious people outside the internet.

&

so why dont you use it properly? with all this knowledge at your fingertips why are you trying to tell us the holocaust has been exaggerated 1000%, that the US/israel was behind 911, and there was opium conspiracy behind afghanistan? you're actually insulting this wonderful tool of knowledge.

What should my defense be? I've tried multiple attempts but I need something stronger! Help me my fellow ATS brothers.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well instead of arguing with these people, why don't you present some of you're own research and findings that would lead you to these types of conclusions.

You can't change a sheep's mind friend, it does not work that way unfortunetly.

I would suggest not arguing with biggots and narcissists and just keeping your're circle of info to smar people.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
im afraid that tothetenthpower is right, you cant change peeps minds, what you can do is however, is merely try to persuade people to view things from the other side, and give the information and research that has been gatherd. If they still continue to attack you for having such opinions as you do, drop the topic. Some people are just too gulible and beleive everything that they hear from news, goverments, ect, and if they are like that then its not really worth wasting your time over. Some people just cant be convinced to look at things from another point of view im afraid

[edit on 20-2-2009 by HewhoKnows]

[edit on 20-2-2009 by HewhoKnows]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Why don't you just accept that not everyone thinks alike and not worry about it?
Voice your opinion and hear others'. No one has to change.

Calling them sheep and "biggots" (it's bigot) or saying they're not smart is foul advice.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You're right.

Not everyone who disbelieves in conspiracies are sheep. Some of them are pretty intelligent people.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mortazaB

The first problem is not calling them names such as freaks and sheeple. Insults will make the majority of people ignore a person, or think they are not intelligent. The second part is to get evidence to support a claim, especially one that is considered outrageous by the majority.

Anyone can get on the internet and make a wild claim. To back it up with evidence or a thoughtful discussion is much more difficult.

If one does use books and other materials to support claims, use a respected author to back one up. Fringe authors also are known to fudge the data to make their ideas seem plausible.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Are we now talking about sheep or people?
*only asking sheepishly*

I wouldn't like that everyone believes me just like that, because then it wouldn't make a difference. It's not about persuasion that someone believes you. Nope, it is about thinking for oneself.

Greetings

Please: don't let me be the last one in this thread. Please, someone come up and post.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Are people who vote for the fringe candidates considered sheeple because they believe in the cause strongly? The argument can be made for everyone, regardless if it is a well known candidate or a tiny fringe candidate.

top topics

join