It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Vows "There will be cameras on every street corner"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
www.suntimes.com...
Yet another excuse to clamp down on everything we do.
I just read the articile in the other thread about installing gps in every car and taxing by the miles used in stead of by the gas used.
Now they are really starting to make me uncomfortable.
Heres the other thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Get ready for big brother clamping down on our lives.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
A camera on every corner and gps in every car?
That sounds really messed up.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Amazing how they manage to get things like this passed in the name of safety. Once installed, safety is no longer the issue. Now it is to keep an eye on everybody. Everybody will soon be a possible terrorist in the eyes of government.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

It might just be me but it seems like more and more of these bills are being passed without anybody debating it or questioning it.
Who in their right mind wants to be monitored their whole lives??
I find it offensive.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hate to say it but having spent time in Chicago recently a lot of people are bringing it on themselves although I don't see this happening. There are a lot of hits and runs there, and a lot of violent crime.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The simple fact is that the majority of Americans are uneducated in Government civics and can't care for something they know little about. The other problem is that we keep reelecting the same fools to office who have learned to play the system over the years.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

There are a lot of hits and runs there, and a lot of violent crime.

Majority of Chicago have nothing to do with these hit and runs or violent crimes. The answer is to go after those responsible with a vengeance. I am sure that the leaders of Chicago are well aware of what areas are the most violent and who is really behind it all.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I don't see anyone bringing this on themselves.
I see the government making our morale a tad bad by messing up our economy and then springing this on us to monitor the herd they pissed off.
We have the right to make them accountable if people are hungry or that pissed off at the quality of their lives.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I can not agree more with you, people have no clue that what we in this time and age, perceive as government is nothing close of what government used to be during our founder fathers time.

The government we have is nothing more than a pack of rabbit lobbyist, corporate whores and former employees for major corporations in this nation.

They all catering to private interest, scam, ponzi schemes and corruption to cement their own after gov enrment careers and future.

This nation is taking too long to wake up and realized that is not such thing, as a Saviour, messiah and just good old politicians to help the American people and tax payer.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm not even an American and I am pissed at your government and its people.
The constitution is something I see as quite an amazing thing.
The right to overthrow your government if they tend to get rogue?
Thats a great thing...its just too bad that the people have no clue anymore and sit there and take it and refuse to say no more.
When??
When its too late in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Cameras on every street corner? In the 'Land of the Free'? Surely not? This has got to be a mistake, right?

I thought you had guns to stop this kind of thing happening?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Exactly...I thought the same thing.
America is really going to crap.Even their own people seem to be oblivious to the constitution.
From what I read today,they want gps in your cars and cams on every corner.Sure its only one city but why set the precedent.
Thats not freedom.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Exactly...I thought the same thing.

Well, to be honest, I was being a bit sarcastic. For years on this board there's been threads regarding how Britain has become a 'police state' and how the British have been trampled on by their government but America was different because of their constitution and their right to bear arms &c. Basically, it could never happen to the Land of the Free.

The reality is that it's going to happen whether Americans have got guns or not or whether they think they're more 'free' than anyone else.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sounds like free camera time if ya ask me.

Or at the very least ... smashed camera time.

new topics

top topics

join