It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun and the Gif image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

i know its probably just a camera error...but..it looks weird...

i am talking about the weird spin the sun does .... at 2009/02/14

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
whoa, I have been waiting for these images, 14th is the 'official new age of aquarian, that is potentially a pole shift of the sun!!!!!! good work....

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With

i know its probably just a camera error...but..it looks weird...

i am talking about the weird spin the sun does .... at 2009/02/14

been trying to get the stills of this day and how you got this is beyond me

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well it's obviously not the sun spinning. Although I can't think why they would do it, all that has happened there is that the camera has been rotated along the axis of the lens during the exposure.

Neat

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
whoa, I have been waiting for these images, 14th is the 'official new age of aquarian, that is potentially a pole shift of the sun!!!!!! good work....

No -- I find it very hard to believe that this GIF depicts a pole shift.

The Sun looks almost exactly the same at 18:12 as it does at 18:47. However, in between the image does a spin.

I think it is IMPOSSIBLE for the sun would do a 360-degree spin in 35 minutes (or less) and still look exactly the same afterward. I would think that the momentum from that extremely fast spin would have affected the appearance of the Sun's surface.

Plus, how lucky would it be for the SOHO spacecraft to be in the EXACT spot it needed to be to view this alledged "sun spin" right along the axis of spin.

No-- It's almost definitely an image clitch, or possibly SOHO was taking photos as the spacecraft itself did a spin maneuver.

Anyway, here are some stills at 18:12, 18:33, and 18:47:

Larger Image
CLICK TO SEE THE WHOLE IMAGE

[edit on 2/20/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i have to agree, way more likely that the camera was moved than the sun. looks cool though.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

It's called "primitive Adobe Flash skills," someone is playing a joke by rotating this. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh, clearing my lungs from the flu right now and needed a laugh.

Here's a story to brighten up everone's day much like the sun. I went to a rural basketball game last night and a team's band was there. Consisting of: two tubas, a trumpet and a drummer (two of whom were much older than high school and obviously volunteered for it). At intermission they played a blistering covering of Kool and the Gang's "Get Down On It." I requested Parliament's "Bop Gun" and the leader asked, "aren;t they in England?"
I guess he doesn't know what the mother ship is either.......

you young ones are so culturally deprived it's scary!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Guys, you've been taken by a kid with a computer. Click the video to restart it several times and you will see several basic computer techniques, half of the orb went black and pixelated last time.

If you think you saw a "pole shift" you need a nap! Soemone is pranking you.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
yea..... I would think that if the sun did a spin such as this and it was a Pole shift, that we would have felt some of the effects here on Earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Guys, you've been taken by a kid with a computer. Click the video to restart it several times and you will see several basic computer techniques, half of the orb went black and pixelated last time.

If you think you saw a "pole shift" you need a nap! Soemone is pranking you.

the GIF movies are from the offical SOHO website sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
the Image comes from NASA, not from a kid like you say...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

This may actually be from NASA, but like I said in my post above, it's probably an image clitch or possibly camera rotation -- it's not a pole shift.

EDIT TO ADD:
Ah...I see your post below and understand now...You are not saying this is a pole shift, you are only saying the GIF image is official...
...I apologize.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

This may actually be from NASA, but like I said in my post above, it's probably an image clitch or possibly camera rotation -- it's not a pole shift.

i know..and i agree with you...

i never claimed it was a pole shift..
"

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
yea, I think we can chalk this one up to the editing skills..

but still a VERY cool animation..
watched it a few times just in awe of the beauty..

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

i never claimed it was a pole shift..

it was me suggesting only it" potentially could be a pole shift". its more likely to be a rotation of the camera after further inspection. sorry

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
funny thing happen...

they edited out that part....

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I think the link you posted is occasionally updated (hence the part of the URL that says "LATEST"), thus the information from the 14th is no longer there. I bet there will be another updated "gif" posted at that link in a couple of weeks. Another possibility is that since the images were probably some sort of camera glitch, they decided to edit the "gif" file to avoid confusion.

SOHO still has the images from the 14th on their public website, so they are not "gone". I went to the SOHO website's archive page,
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...,
went to "SOHO Movie Theater" and input a range of dates that included February 14th, and sure enough the "flip" was still there.

No conspiracy here -- just more likely and update or correction.

[edit on 2/27/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

join