It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Peres: Netanyahu will form new government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Israel's Peres: Netanyahu will form new government

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM – Israeli President Shimon Peres chose hard-line Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday to form a new Israeli government, giving Netanyahu six weeks to cobble together a coalition.

The question now is whether Netanyahu will form a narrow government with his hard-line allies or a broad government along with his centrist rival, Kadima Party leader Tzipi Livni. His choice will have serious ramifications for the Mideast peace process.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The future of not only Israel, but possibly the entire Middle East and beyond is now in the hands of Netanyahu. One path could possibly lead to peace. The other is the path to war.

With the rise of the ultranationalist Avigdor Lieberman we are entering uncharted territory in the history of the state of Israel. If Netanyahu chooses an alliance with Lieberman, it could almost be analogous to making a deal with the Devil.

Hopefully Livni understands this and the far reaching consequences that an alliance between Lieberman and Netanyahu would have. Hopefully she will choose wisely to work with Netanyahu.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Good grief... I thought Lieberman would be kept far away from an Israeli government, but no...

Ugh. What a weird political system, doesn't seem too democratic to me... And Livni doesn't want in on with the ultra orthadox groups in a coalitioin.

Fun times..

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Livni needs to form a coalition with Netanyahu. The alternative is Lieberman and Netanyahu. I really don't know if Netanyahu will be able to control Lieberman, thus the best option is for Likud and Kadima to form a coalition. Livni is going to have to get over herself and do what's best for the country which is keep Lieberman out of any governing bloc.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
No they won't, not really anyway. Even if you wrap a piece of crap in gold leaf, it's still crap. I don't give a hoot how they remarket this thing to the world - it will still be Zionism, plain and simple!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Minutes before the news came out that the Likud leader would be asked to form a government, Ms Livni said what was being proposed was a government "without political vision, a government with no values".

"I will not be a pawn in a government that would be against our ideals," she said.

aint gonna happen.

and

His position was bolstered on Thursday when Avigdor Lieberman, head of Yisrael Beiteinu, which favours tightening the Israeli blockade on Gaza, said it wanted him to be prime minister.

was allready predicted that israel was going extremist right wing *nazi* and well , heres there wish.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The way I understand it, Mr. Obama thinks he is going to make the peace over there. Didn't he campaign on Middle East Peace as an issue??

Maybe this is yet another set back for the new administration.

Or maybe this is the first step in the right direction...but...I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

if this Happens Israel Truely is starting to follow in the Paths of Nazi Germany
welcome to the Third Reigh of the 21st century except better armed with Nukes and other weapons and with the world super power on a leash.

new topics

top topics

join