It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auditors, lawyers likely to get first stimulus jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Auditors, lawyers likely to get first stimulus jobs

www.msnbc.msn.com

updated 58 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The first hiring spree to result from the $787 billion stimulus plan might not involve construction workers or teachers but government auditors, investigators and lawyers who will try to track all of the taxpayer money being spent on economic recovery.

With the White House and Democratic leaders in Congress under pressure to show that the stimulus money will be put to good use, the bill President Obama signed this week directs more than $350 million to oversight, virtually guaranteeing boom times in the field of government accountability.

The stakes, financially and politically, are huge. Republicans who criticized the stimulus plan as a bloated spending bill have already announced a “stimulus watch” program, intended to seize on any signs of waste or mismanagement and turning them into ammunition for the 2010 elections.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Submit General News

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
At first when I read this article I was pissed because of all of the people who are living paycheck to paycheck. The people who now have two or three meager jobs because they were let go or permanently layed off. I think that they should be getting monies first and foremost.

But I guess that this does make some sense to me that these guys need to be in the loop.

But a "hiring spree"??? Just how many of these guys do you need?

A parting shot....government auditors, investigators and lawyers are everywhere already. Just what are these folks doing?? Don't you think that they should be re tasked to this as it is more important to the country??

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join