It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Image found on back of Turin shroud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Italian scientists have found a matching image of a man's face and possibly his hands on the back of the Turin shroud, believed by many to be the burial cloth of Jesus Christ, one of the researchers said on Thursday.

The discovery that the ghostly image on the back of the linen cloth matches the face that adorns the front is likely to reignite debate over whether the shroud is genuine or a skilful medieval fraud.

"The fact that the image is two-sided makes any forgery difficult," Professor Giulio Fanti of the University of Padua told Reuters.

This is an interesting developement on the Turin controversy. I'm personally unsure of what such an image implies other than what the article suggests: it is all the less likely to be a forgery. Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
personally, i think the shroud is a fake.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the articles and other posts on that page only solidify my belief that it's just a well thought-out hoax.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You "think" the shroud is a fake? Have you read anything on it? I mean a real book with evidence presented and judgements made upon the evidence? Not "feelings".
The Resurrection of the Shroud written by Mark Antonnaci is the best book I've found written on the subject, alot of scientific data.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There are a few other threads on this topic,
So im going to lock this one,

heres a few links but if you do a search you will find some more

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's no wonder there's such a clamour to authenticate the Turin shroud ,when you consider how many millions of christians there are .
I believe this piece of cloth was forged in the middle-ages.

new topics

top topics

join