It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new wierd place found on google earth in NV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Found this place and I was wondering if any one had any info on it it may be. It looks like a fake village of some sort. here is the chords
36°46'51.67"N 115°26'36.76"W

if you could help me out on this question that would be great

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

looks like a prison.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
indeed but no fenceing around it and it is well with in the "bombing range" so its goverment but I would like to find out what it is and why its there

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Just a bunch of buildings as Nellis Air Force Range, what's so special about them?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It's an Air Force bombing range. They construct fake buildings to look like "enemy targets" and have the fly boys blow them up. Gives them practice locking on and striking.

You think we took out the missile defense sites and radar towers in Iraq with no practice?

No conspiracy here guys. But good find nonetheless. I didn't know it was there.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
well I was thinking that was the case but I was unsure as to why they were theere because if you look abouve the fake village you will find more builidings and a track what do they need a track for? I know here on my poast we have traks and what not. I am not saying that it is a new secret post it does not aper to be so however, I thought it odd to have a dirt running track

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

LOL! I missed that before, but doesn't everyone know? That's the typical running track that Al-Qeida has at their desert bases.

Gotta keep the suiciders in shape ya know?

Did you see to the south west the "airfield" with an old ass Warthog half in, half out of a rundown shack? Good stuff!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D
what do they need a track for? I know here on my poast we have traks and what not. I am not saying that it is a new secret post it does not aper to be so however, I thought it odd to have a dirt running track

How do you think they construct them, drag the materials through the desert on horseback? Duh, no they use a truck/train to get the building materials and equipment there. Hence why a road/track is needed.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by ProfessorRusso]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

ill go check it out.. and see what there is to see around the site I know it is close to area 51 and the nuclear test site so im sure there will be some cool stuff around

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Track might be for moving targets, if it is a range then moving targets are a very high probability, and practice is always needed on a target that dont hold still.

Not every thing attacked is stationary.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorRusso

this is the track I was talking about and not to be rude but I doubt that any thing will be trucked any ware on this thing. well if they want to drive in circles that is

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Dog Bone Lake is a bombing range on the Nellis range.

They build structures out of old shipping containers. Here is a photo of one site on Range 61 I took from Tikaboo Peak.
fake ICBM
more info here
RFQ

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
It's an Air Force bombing range. They construct fake buildings to look like "enemy targets" and have the fly boys blow them up. Gives them practice locking on and striking.

You think we took out the missile defense sites and radar towers in Iraq with no practice?

NO, we took them out with precision lazer guided missiles. A child could do it if taught how...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

sweet info thanks! this helped alot indeed,

Second line

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

You can learn a great deal of information by searching quote requests. The problem is the signal to noise ratio is not very good. Also useful is to read environmental reports.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
[edit on 24/2/2009 by martrax40]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
if this is a bombing range which i dooubt then its a hell of a lot of money wasted
(not including the bombs + the required fuel)

There must be sth more to it..

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

There are live bombing ranges, photo ranges, simulated (electronic) ranges, etc. You won't see bomb damage on every range.

I have personally watched the fake ICBM shot up by a gunship. I think the range gets it's money's worth. If you don't practice, you can't perform.

Note that only 5% of fighter pilots go through the Nellis fighter weapons training school. I don't have stats on Red Flag.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade

I thought they just had everyone play Xbox 360 to get ready for the war.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
if this is a bombing range which i dooubt then its a hell of a lot of money wasted
(not including the bombs + the required fuel)

I spent some of my time in the Air Force building targets on Range 63 up near Tonopah in the mid-'80s. We built faux trucks and tanks out of plywood and 3"x4"s.

One crew of about 6 airmen could build a truck or tank in about 10 minutes. We contructed whole "convoys" in a day. They seemed pretty sturdy to us, but to a bomb I'm sure they were light work.

If the OP's photo shows bombing targets then what remains of those "buildings" today is likely a whole lotta sawdust.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join