It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by ~Lucidity
White people, even children as young as 10, avoid talking about race because any opinion may appear prejudiced, according to new research, but that approach often backfires as blacks tend to view that approach as evidence of prejudice, especially when race is clearly relevant.
makes a certain amount of sense. every word can be like treading on eggshells with some people and you never know who's going to blow when. case in point...just yesterday at lunch i had a black co-worker go racist on me when i expressed the opinion that that cartoon in the NYPost wasn't racist. she screamed at me that i as a white chick had no right to even form an opinion on it?! what the heck? at that point i had the option to, as this study says, retreat and let it lie, or address it. i chose to address it and probably didn't get my point across at all. it's often hard to with racists.
Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites
- blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
- Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks.
Fortyfive percent of their victims are white
43 percent are black
10 percent are Hispanic.
- When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
- Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
- Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.