It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Rushmore Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Since Obama has been built up to be the great savior of our nation. Do you think that there will be a bid to put his face Rushmore. Given the Fact that he is the first POTUS of African decent, and the fact that he is shown in the same light as Lincoln. So what do you think, if he does a good job in office, or even mediocre. Would he deserve placement on the mount.

I believe, and I am not an supporter, but if he does a good job and pulls the US out of the hole that we are in and given the fact that he is of African decent he could possible deserve to go up there. His election was a step forward in equality of the races and if he does a good job I could see it happening.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
well, first of all there is no room on the mt. rushmore face to carve another face. second of all no president has been carved in until his death. third you have to have more of a symbolic presidency (all other presidents carved in had a substintave representation). to be carved in at mt. rushmore.....in other words, no freakin way

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I reakon more of a statue of his own would be good enough. Much like the lincoln memorial. (im not from the US and not aware of any special reasoning behind the monument - as in assassination etc)

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I'm not a supporter either, and definitely don't approve of anything that he is doing, but I do believe he deserves a monument of some kind. I don't think he belongs on Mt. Rushmore though.

The only problem though is I hope he does something of substance because it would a lot better than just having a monument of him just declaring that he is the first African American president.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
People shouldn't get their heads carved on mountains just because of their skin color. That would be the only reason to put Obama on the mountain. He has caused a lot of damage to this country in his first month in office. God only knows if we can survive a full four years of the Obama administration. The way he's spending money there wouldn't be any left to put him on the mountain anyways.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I don’t personally believe that he deserves it because of his race. Their will be monuments all across the US for that. I was just saying the way he was praised as a savior that his supporters will at least bring up the idea. And I am the type that believes a politician is nothing more than legal con man, like used car salesmen.

Personally I don’t believe he will save the country from anything only send it further down the crapper. I was just watching a show on the presidents on the history channel and they showed Mt. Rushmore and the idea just popped in my head. I was only wondering what the ATSers thought.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ohhhhhh hell no. Im sorry, but if they put his mug on that mountain(eventhough they dont have room) but if they did just because of who he is, I would throw up all over America.

Second of all, he already got a school named after him already just for winning the election. statue? You dont get on mt Rushmore just because, and you dont get statues just because. Especially if he screwed this country up worse than it already is. Hes got 4 more years to go, let him finish the job first and see how he does, before we even talk about stuff like this. god oh mighty.

top topics

join