It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$126,839 per second bailout. Some staggering numbers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yes, per second, 3600 seconds per hour, 86,400 seconds per day for 365 straight days!! Enough cash to pay every bi-pedal humanoid like biological entity on this planet a one time cash payment of $615.38.

Better yet, if we limit it to bi-pedal humanoid like biological entities residing in the US, it works out to $13,165.49 each.

I realize this is a couple of weeks old, but I've got frustrating questions that make me want to tighten my tie until my head pops off.

With the cost of the banking bailout expected to reach $4 Trillion, (Source: Bank bailout could cost $4 trillion), Is it even possible to print money that quickly?

This works out to:
Annually: $4,000,000,000,000.00
Monthly: $333,333,333,333.00
Daily: $10,958,902,908.00
Hourly: $456,620,954.00
Per Minute: $7,610,349
Per Second: $126,839
(for 31.5 Million consecutive seconds)

Does anyone know the physical limitations the US Treasury Dept?
My other question is this.
Why was it not logical to give the bailout money to the debtors of these banks and force them to use the bailout money to pay the creditors in need? Would this not have maximized the impact of the bailout by helping the debtors while still getting the full amount of the bailout into the pockets of the lenders?

To me, not doing the latter is the strongest evidence for conspiracy I can contemplate. Maybe I'm missing something significant, but I see no logic in not doing it that way.

In being as nice as I can, If I say that the bailout was spreadout equally amongst every employee of the commercial banking industry (Source) then our buddies in the government will be giving them $2.2 Million each. The reality is the tellers, janitors, security guards, managers and thensome won't ever see a penny of it.

At the same time, I am supposed to be clapping like a seal and thanking our big brother for giving us $13 a week (Source) to further assist the crooks who are stealing our livelyhood. Thanks Bush, Thanks Obama. How can we sit idly by while it happens? I feel utterly powerless and hopeless but worst of all, I am sad for my children who deserve no part of this fiasco but will wear it like a ball and chain for the rest of their lives.

Of course I also failed to mention that these bailouts will get us to what, October 2009?

join