It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clyburn: GOP Governors' Stimulus Refusal Would Be 'Slap in the Face' to Blacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

"racist blacks" ??? I must have missed something. As far as I could tell, black people are just as upset with these bailouts and stimulus plans as everyone else.

You are directing your negative energy the wrong way. This government is screwing us all over, regardless of what color we are.

Seriously, the screwups of our president and a South Carolina governor doesn't make anyone racist.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Dude don't kid yourself, probably about 50% of North America doesn't pay attention to politics.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Jay you are not off topic at all. I have noticed it alot.
I can't believe some of the stuff I hear.

On ATS it's getting bad as well. Someone saying something about it being a race thing and it clearly is not.

I really hate it when you can not talk normal with out someone twisting it all around.
Just like the monkey cartoon. So, the Govt is acting like a bunch of Monkeys. No, they have to twist something around and say it was racist.
When I heard that, the first thing that I thought was, do they think of themselves as monkeys?
Sorry, I just did not get the connection.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Lol

No the problem is that our Governor is a very staunch republican for the most part, hes pretty good, still a politician but still good. Same guy that was in the house and said after his third term he would not run again, which he held up, same guy that took pigs to the house to make a point about pork barreled spending. Pretty decent guy for a politician at least.

Clyburn is a very staunch democrat, it is actually kind of funny this isn't the first time Clyburn has pulled the race card and Sanford isn't the kind of guy that is just going to take it and back down. He'll take the issue up with him, Sanford doesn't play that race card crap.

On topic though Didn't Holder say earlier today that we need to talk about race and because we don't we are cowards?

I say now is as good as time as any to bring up the topic of race. Why not? It seems the only people backing down from the issue are the people that don't have a position to defend other than just labeling anything they disagree with as a 'racist'.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Clyburn clearly made an overtly racist remark. But no one gets up in arms about it, why? I am deeply offended by this remark. I think that he should apologize to every person in his constituency and step down. I don't think that anyone that clearly racist should hold office.

Obviously there are white people and Hispanics and Asians that are also going to be affected by the governors refusal of the stimulus bill not just blacks. To say that only black people are to be offended is clearly racist beyond belief.

Frankly this new trend to label every single thing as a race issue is starting to get to me. The day when we stop using race as a political point is the day that racism will end.

I'm sick of the "race card" It's been played out. Get over race and start getting onto the solutions that will help this country into a better tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join