It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina to Holocaust Denier: Get Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Argentina to Holocaust Denier: Get Out

www.newser.com

Maybe the Vatican has an extra room. Argentina today ordered the Holocaust-denying Catholic bishop to leave the country in 10 days, the Times of London reports. Bishop Richard Williamson triggered an international outcry when he made his claims about the Holocaust in a TV interview, then got accepted back into the church by Pope Benedict. The Vatican has since ordered Williamson to recant, but he hasn't done so yet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Good on Argentina! If only other countries had the balls to tell idiots, racists, and bigots to GTFO!

Holocaust deniers are the single most venomous, ignorant people in the world. They should not be amused, and they should not be given the benefit of the doubt. Period.

Thank goodness this didn't happen in America- if it had, we'd have so many crying he'd be allowed to stay!

(PS! Sorry for flagging my thread, I meant to subscribe but clicked the wrong thing! I'll be more careful next time!)
www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-2-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
While I don't agree with holocaust deniers, and personally think they haven't got any evidence what-so-ever... we also have to take a step back here and realize the implications of what we're doing.

Punishing someone for disagreeing with what we tell them to believe? Or punishing them for simply believing something different from us?

... this is the message we took with us after fighting the fascists? To become them?

It truly amazes me how after almost every conflict, we become the enemy we fought so hard to destroy.

Disagree with the holocaust deniers, yes, embarrass them publicly if you like, this is the way to deal with things in the free world.

But punish them for believing differently or simply questioning the official story? This is fascism.

While I find the holocaust deniers disturbing, I find those who would punish them for merely questioning the official story to be utterly disgusting!

[edit on 19-2-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Funny how no one would care if someone was an American Indian Massacre denier or a Christian Crusades denier. You can deny about any other mass killing and no one cares. Indians would care greatly if people denied how badly they've been treated but who cares about them, right?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Actually I think a lot of people call other people out on ignoring other massacres like the Indian massacre or the Christian Crusade massacre. I don't think people are ignorant of that. But it's just that more people are ignorant of the holocaust (for the people that are).

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

My grandma was in the Holocaust and my boyfriend is a Native American, and his mom is a pastor, so we have the pity of the whole world!! Mwahaha... not really.

You know, I'm just watching this thread because a denier of facts is going to come in, perhaps in a page or two, maybe sooner. That's why I don't make Holocaust threads, because that's always what happens.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Yes those factories making all that Zyklon-B, that was just a deodorizer they used for for the prisoners, they didn't use it to kill all those people.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Tho, I am no 'denier of facts' regarding any historical era, I do not believe that 6 million Jews perished in WW2, and certainly not as a result of some systematic plan of extermination carried out by Hitler's Nazi Germany.

But even if I was naive/lazy/cynical/afraid enough to accept such a false narrative as the trademarked Holocaust, I could never ever see myself supporting the Argentine government's decision to banish an individual simply because of their different point of view (not to mention incarcerating folks like they do in some European Nations)

The whole sorry affair of this forced submission to some 'official interpretation' of Jewish suffering during WW2 ( the bankers-inspired War itself was the true Holocaust, in my opinion), makes me wonder what it must have been like living in Catholic dominated Europe centuries ago - when the mere questioning of the infallibility of the Pope, from the peasant class to the most highly educated, meant automatic persecution and death.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
What exactly is a "holocaust denier" there's no such thing. You can't FORCE someone to believe something. Especially when it happened many years ago.

There's documents on both sides. One side says that 6 million Jews were killed (while it ignores the countless others slaughtered and just make it seem like it was "jews" who suffered).

The second side "holocaust deniers" say that there were not in fact 6 million Jews who died but less. There's also TONS of documents backing the fact that less than 400,000 Jews actually died in the Holocaust.

Most of the time the "deniers" words are twisted. An example would be when the president of Iran said "Israel wiped off the map" when in reality he said "Zionist aggression will make them not exist and therefore wiped off the map". People twist words.

Second thing, with 9/11 being an inside job as well as the london subway bombings, and documents now saying pearl harbor was an indirect inside job, couldn't the holocaust have been an inside job as well?

Let's be serious, zionist international bankers own the world today. Zionist international bankers financed Hitler and the Allies during WW2. Something's fishy.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

I cannot beleive the way the world is reacting to holocaust denial. I is not an element of anyones faith. Their is so much lies being spread especially historical lies since the French Revolution. The fact that people deny the holocaust means their must be some doubt of what actually happened during the WWII. And the reaction now is so vicious that it leads to one thinking that these countries are in a pact and covering up the truth. Therefore I must stand alongside Bishop Williamson, he has hit a very sore point in this world. Do not think tat all this media hype is hurting him, he is a strongly religious man, holding onto the One Truth Faith found only in the Catholic Church, you will not break his soul!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So now the jews have deniers thrown out of countries??? This just gives more credence to the idea the holocaust is gigantic scam.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yardman

The whole sorry affair of this forced submission to some 'official interpretation' of Jewish suffering during WW2 ( the bankers-inspired War itself was the true Holocaust, in my opinion),

Damn right. Every war is a holocaust started by the profiteers - the bankers and the defense contractors. If hitler had never existed, WW2 would have still happened.

new topics

top topics

join