It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Mocking Obama Supporters

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

we wouldnt be in an economic collapse?

be able to buy a house?

be able to pay off the bail out?

please invest wisely!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchbox1979

Don't know about all that, but I'd have a lot of dimes, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

yeah i hear ya, not tryin to be a douche man, all a person can do anymore is smile and try to not let way things on drag us down. ;

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchbox1979

I hear that man.

There doesn't appear to be such thing as good news anymore.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

right, it literaly took hearing we had a near miss by an asteroid to get me excited about things goin on as usual!

at least we can say the world isnt so bad as compared to the friggin apocalypse! lmao

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I still love Obama, and I still don't care what anyone says.
If people want to mock me, whatever, but I will mock you right back (and probably have)
^_^

Love is an interesting word when talking about .. any .. politician.. mildly concerning.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
This thread is about getting the obama bashers to look beyond the rhetoric and talking points i thik its time for you bush haters to do the same.

Well put. Maybe if we can all look beyond the rhetoric and talking points, maybe then we can begin to understand different points of view. The marriage of separate ideas is usually the best solution that pleases the most people and does the most good. It's interesting how, even though we know this point to be true intellectually, we find ourselves tearing eachother down, breaking people up into nice bit-sized categories that we can categorically oppose, deny, embrace, judge.

If this sad process of human behavior were to end, I think a true era of prosperity might begin. Well put.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
OJk, everyone that didn't like Bush called him "Chimp", "Shrub", etc.

I just heard a good one about Obama.

Obamalamadingdong.

You'll have to admit it's a lot funnier than "Shrub".

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I like Obamalamadingdong.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
If I remember right, Obama is only in office because of the people that voted for him. Sure, we can trash his politics and ideas, but we wouldn't even need to if the people hadn't put him there.

So I don't see it as out of line to mock them, sure there's a line, but I love riling my friend up by calling him an Obama-tron, and then demolishing him on actual politics.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by eNumbra]

People have been mocking Republicans as uneducated, gun-toting rednecks for the past 8 years; what goes around comes around...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
People have been mocking Republicans as uneducated, gun-toting rednecks for the past 8 years; what goes around comes around...

Interesting comment considering it was Republicans who initiated that strategy in the first place.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I was surprised to see this thread? Are there still any Obama's supporters left after the recent stream of political disasters? The non-taxpaying appointments, the farcical stimulus bill, the latest bail out etc etc etc. Pretty much he hasn't done anything other than show his lack of experience.

why is it that when it comes to blaming the economy on Obama, you republicans have a standard that says every thing you do to impact the economy has an immediate effect

but when you try to blame the economy on clinton (and steer away blame from bush) you say that your standard is to the effect that anything you do to impact the economy takes years to come about?

Don't you see the utter hypocrisy in these statements?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

"why is it that when it comes to blaming the economy on Obama, you republicans have a standard that says every thing you do to impact the economy has an immediate effect "

Well, yes, the economy was heading down, but soon after obama took office the stocks took a sharper turn down, then after obama shoved his not-so- stimulus- stimulus package stocks took a nose dive and are still heading down. Anyone one else seeing a trend? Everytime obama opens his mouth the stocks drop.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Weird, stocks go down before Obama gets in office... it's the economy. Stocks go down afterward, and it's his fault.

Doubt there is any partisanship there.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You'll read my post again, I already said the economy was was starting down (Under President Bush). My point is that soon as obama took office it really started heading down. So what's your answer to the nose dive after obama passed his stimulus bill?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Here's a thought...grow a set.

"It's not ok to make fun of Obama supporters and it's gotta stop."

Are you for real?

Your post was a slap in the face of Conservatives/Republicans and THEY need to stop?

At least conservatives fight with ideas and not try to shut down the competition i.e THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE.

Really...if your response is to be nothing more then "Stop being mean" then please leave the talking to the adults.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Ummm.. my answer? The economy sucks. Everywhere. Some say this administration's negative attitude has hurt the economy, which I think is possible, but to say, "Obama has ruined the economy with his policies" is far from true.

reply to post by crmanager

Not sure you even read the post... I mean, you missed the title of the thread even. It's not "stop mocking Obama", it was, "stop mocking Obama supporters".

And I love you crying about the Fairness Doctrine. How is it going to kill conservatism if the whole point of it is to allow all views to be expressed?

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

"The economy sucks. Everywhere. Some say this administration's negative attitude has hurt the economy, which I think is possible, but to say, "Obama has ruined the economy with his policies" is far from true."

The economy sucks? That's putting it mildly.
. And granted, I'll give, he's not fully to blame for the mess we're in, but not on his policies. That 700billion pork package he passed is not the way to go. If he really wanted to do something to turn things around put the money where it'd make a difference. For example: Build say about ten nuclear power plants, and lets say for example it takes ten years to build them, that's ten years of solid employment. What ever it take bailout the Big Three, their factories employ thousands, their suppliers employ thousands more. The money would trickle down from them to the employees and the business around them.
Now to me that's a start on getting us out of the hole were in.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
Here's a thought...grow a set.

"It's not ok to make fun of Obama supporters and it's gotta stop."

Are you for real?

Your post was a slap in the face of Conservatives/Republicans and THEY need to stop?

Absolutely, both conservatives and liberals need to stop tearing eachother down long enough to realize that they're not making any friends that way.

At least conservatives fight with ideas and not try to shut down the competition i.e THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE.

Conservatives fight with distractions just like Democrats do. A common method of conservatives to make people THINK they use their brains is that they SAY "conservatives fight with ideas" and things the like. In truth, conservatives use things like religion as tools to distract people from the real issues.

The Fairness Doctrine is a ridiculous piece of legislation, just so you know.

Really...if your response is to be nothing more then "Stop being mean" then please leave the talking to the adults.

Well, my response isn't "nothing more than 'stop being mean'," if you'll notice there's nearly 200 responses to this post and i've taken quite a few opportunities to clarify my position. I think you should read through the responses and see what you can find. Fight me with ideas, my friend! But don't just jump to conclusions.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm starting to see alot less Obama tee-shirts. I wonder if this is a sign of the mocking of Obama starting to work? Obama is in alot of trouble if his tee-shirt wearers stop supporting him!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join