It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Mocking Obama Supporters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have no interest in engaging in the political bickering so I will focus on the title of the thread: "Stop mocking Obama supporters." My simple response, "Why?" You so deserve to be mocked! You voted for a naked emporer. He campaigned on "Hope" and "Change" without really quantifying or qualifying either. Both represent emotions, not policy. Based on what I have witnessed this first 40 or so days is a litanny of broken campaign promises and more of the same, with ONE exception - a race toward Socialization and even bigger government. That, friends, is not change I can believe in and offers little to no hope.

No, I am sorry - you deserve to be mocked! You were had by a fast-talking used-car salesman and you fell for it hook, line and sinker. Soon I will not have to mock you - your President will make a mockery of you himself.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

How is that?

Have you caught him torturing yet? Has he not already begun working on reversing many of the Bush era's changes? Has not already begun tax reform? What about pulling out of Iraq, has that not already been put in motion? Did he not close Gitmo? Has he not promised to reduce the deficit (not sure if he'll be able to accomplish his goal, but I am hopeful)?

You didn't vote for him, so you don't get to tell ME what change I voted for. Get it?

reply to post by Sheeper

Easy to say when you don't even mention who you voted for.

[edit on 3/1/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Well I did not fall for any partisan trap, both candidate were worthless imo. But you fools voted for a man so far left that he imposes a real threat to this country. Bush was bad, but that is no excuse for your actions. You deserve to be mocked, and I reserve the right to express myself. You say all this bickering is bad, bla bla....Without us being able to bicker and express what we feel, we will have lost our democracy. So get off your soap box and take it like a man.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

And I reserve the right to mock someone who failed to actually participate in the system, and instead, took the cowards way out by abstaining so he could criticize all who did.

You aren't a patriot or anyone to be envied, and don't fool yourself into thinking you know something we don't.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
Did he not close Gitmo?

For thinking Mr. Obama closed Club Gitmo....mocking could be deserved.

You know Club Gitmo is functioning at full capacity at this very moment?

Something else that deserves mocking is supporting a guy who announces the closure of a major terrorist detention center without knowing or even caring were these people will be held in the future. Sort of like announcing an end to combat operations in Iraq while planning on leaving 50,000 troops there. I guess some people only hear what they want to hear. You know like "Hope and Change".

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

It doesn't close immediately. Fine, let me rephrase, he is CLOSING Gitmo.

Happy? Good. Now good turn on Rush.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Something else that deserves mocking is supporting a guy who announces the closure of a major terrorist detention center without knowing or even caring were these people will be held in the future. Sort of like announcing an end to combat operations in Iraq while planning on leaving 50,000 troops there. I guess some people only hear what they want to hear. You know like "Hope and Change".

You have absolutely no way of knowing whether Obama knows or cares where the detainees will be held in the future, so it's a real leap of faith to conclude that he must not care. Why does he not care? Because you don't like him? I mean, how could he care? He's a Democrat!

I think the only people hearing the incessant Hope and Change mantra's are conservatives who can't move beyond that basic campaign slogan (that's right) to reveal some real things he may be doing that I might not like. All you can give me is conservative red meat and that doesn't feed Democrats, i'm sorry to say.

What's really great is how the Republicans are criticizing Obama left and right, yet they've been doing everything in their power to find their own Obama now for a year at least.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

You have absolutely no way of knowing whether Obama knows or cares where the detainees will be held in the future, so it's a real leap of faith to conclude that he must not care. Why does he not care? Because you don't like him? I mean, how could he care? He's a Democrat!

I think the only people hearing the incessant Hope and Change mantra's are conservatives who can't move beyond that basic campaign slogan (that's right) to reveal some real things he may be doing that I might not like. All you can give me is conservative red meat and that doesn't feed Democrats, i'm sorry to say.

What's really great is how the Republicans are criticizing Obama left and right, yet they've been doing everything in their power to find their own Obama now for a year at least.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Did I say I didn't vote? No, I don't believe I did. As a matter of fact I did but just not for either of the two dummies layed before me. I am twice the patriot you ever will be. You think closing gitmo is something to praise! That is absolutely insane. There is no better place in the world than gitmo to put these people. You know, he could have just gave an order to cease any and all practicing of torture and still kept these people there. So I believe him closing gitmo is just one of the many things to mock him for and his blind followers. And seriously, you people are way to sensitive about this stuff. I can picture the bumper sticker now, 'Emo's for Obama!'

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

He did issue an order about that, and he closed Gitmo. As for who you voted for, I am sure it was Ron Paul, since only Dr. Paul voters can have that smug, "I know something you don't know" attitude.

Yes, we all know.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Who are *these* people? the ones who have had no trial to be proven guilty of their crimes? the 14 year old boy who was held there for 7 years and tortured? Get a grip.It was a vile,disgusting place,if you actually cared about justice or morality these people would have been put on trial with the evidence shown to prove if they were or were not guilty.End of,thats what civilized countries and people do.The only thing that shames me more is the fact there are probably more of these somewhere else not yet identified.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

You are absolutely right. There needs to be more focus on who they put in such a place and it needs to be out in the open. They need to be sure of who they are putting in there actually needs to be there. But there are most certainly people that do need to be there. We don't need these kinds of people in general prison populations where they can influence people. Where will they go? What is so wrong with keeping gitmo going as long as they reform their policies accordingly?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Give them a god damn trial,you cant just lock people away and torture them without letting the case against them be heard,that 14 year old i told you about was locked up for so long by evidence given by another detainee who was being tortured..not very concrete evidence given the circumstances he was in.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yeah, funny thing about detainees. They start talking when they get tortured. This has been the main argument for keeping Gitmo open by the Bush Administration. Unfortunately, people who are being tortured aren't always interested in giving accurate info since they'll say whatever just to keep from being tortured longer. So how can any information any detainee gives be trustworthy? It can't and I think that's the big argument against it.

But this thread isn't about Gitmo, is it? It's about how mockery and insults don't bring people closer together, and this country needs unity. I think this thread is a perfect example of how futile unity would be to attempt to attain.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I say let them mock Obama supporters. It's pixels on a screen. It cannot hurt. Sticks and stones, you know? Better they mock me (which has no external consequences) than do something that's actually going to cause an effect. The mocking of fellow Americans is simply 2nd grade name-calling. You know, like the sing-song "Na-na-na-na Na-na"... It doesn't hurt anyone unless they internalize it.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

No. That entire place is a disgrace to this country. Want a place to keep people now? Build a new one, and run it the right way.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

How is that?

Have you caught him torturing yet?

Actually yes he has. Did you hear the latest? 1.4 trillion in carbon taxes. You think manufacturing jobs left this country fast before wait until these go into effect. Those taxes CHINA doesn't have.

Is this guy that stupid to think that if he imposes those unfounded taxes on America other countries will follow?

This will torture every American working in this country. I hope all those that voted for him lose their jobs and are standing in bread lines with those bumper stickers stuck to their arses!

You Obamanites get what you deserve. I will be happy the next time I talk to some loser that voted for this guy and they are out of a job. I will mock them all the way to the bank....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
"Obama’s agenda to cut carbon emissions by 80 per cent is a huge leap towards the ultimate goal, expressed by the Carnegie Institute earlier this year and afforded sober credibility by the corporate media - a complete reduction down to zero carbon emissions. Zero carbon emissions? That would lead to the near complete reversal of hundreds of years of technological progress and man’s return to the stone age. Correction - stone age man was at least able to make use of fire - that too would presumably be banned under the measures being proposed."

So this is how you cult followers want to live huh? You people are laughable. I think mocking should be the least of your worries. I would peal the bumper stickers off your cars while you have the chance.

I know I wouldn't want to be caught as an Obama supporter when the chosen one (Anti-Christ) imposes his will and throws us back past the stone ages.

I mean come on... We can't even light a fire anymore? Is this guy that ignorant? Are you Obama supporters that blind?

Mock you? I spit on you, then mock you....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

...metaphor. Almost close to the real thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by northof8

...metaphor. Almost close to the real thing.

Ya, ok... So it's a metaphor that fits though right? The end justifies the means with this joker and his wife. They want to turn the United States into an African 3rd world nation with the Chosen One as the chief Warlord.

Remove all jobs through taxation and give what's left to the lazy among us. And you people worry about us Mocking you? Mocking should be the last thing you Obamanites should worry about.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join