It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wonder why they hate us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Iraqi 'beaten to death' by US troops
AN Iraqi has died of his wounds after US troops beat him with truncheons because he refused to remove a picture of wanted Shiite Muslim leader Moqtada Sadr from his car, police said today.

The motorist was stopped late yesterday by US troops conducting search operations on a street in the centre of the central city of Kut, Lieutenant Mohamad Abdel Abbas said.

Iraqi 'beaten to death' by US troops

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Incidents like these are what fuels the fires of hatred against US troops.

Now I know some of you will come in here and say well he must have done something to deserve it.

Well yeah way to introduce freedom and democracy to Iraq... by beating a man because he had a picture. :shk:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Now I know some of you will come in here and say well he must have done something to deserve it.

Well yeah way to introduce freedom and democracy to Iraq... by beating a man because he had a picture. :shk:

I'd even go a step further to say that the fact that we are over there alone fuels the fire quite a bit.

Things like this are just icing on the cake.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is how Al Queda gets more recruits. This is why they wnt Bush elected. This is bull#!

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We're in the middle of a war... Sometimes people get "beat down."

People are too concerned with who hates us. That's why we're in the shi'itehole we're in now. During the cold war, were we worried about the Russians hating us?

No.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Well to make those kind of accusations after only hearing one side of the story is kind of premature. For all we know he could of had some of his terrorist kidnaping friends beat him and say the US did it. Coming from people who murder and kidnap people I wouldn't doubt that this was some kind of suicide propaganda.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What war is that? A war against innocent Iraqis who just want their homeland back from the present ovccupying thieves? What war is that? A war thousands of miles away from America agaisnt a peoples who can do us NO HARM whatsoever? Which war are we in?

They can do us NO HARM whatsover until they are urged to join AL Queda from actins like this and this illegal "war."

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix
We're in the middle of a war... Sometimes people get "beat down."

People are too concerned with who hates us. That's why we're in the shi'itehole we're in now. During the cold war, were we worried about the Russians hating us?

No.

Ah, the additude that created the big neon target known as the United States.

People tend to rebel against a tyrant, not "the great helper" that some would make us out to be. I would be hard pressed not to laugh at someone who said they hate us because of our freedom.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I would be hard pressed not to laugh at someone who said they hate us because of our freedom.

Yeah I remember when all these so called "experts" used to repeat that same crap on the News Networks every chance they got. It always made me laugh when I heard it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
Coming from people who murder and kidnap people I wouldn't doubt that this was some kind of suicide propaganda.

LMFAO!!! Oh and US Troops are not murdering innocent civilians in Iraq? Oh thats right its not murder its "collateral Damage" Oh I see the difference now. :shk:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

LMFAO!!! Oh and US Troops are not murdering innocent civilians in Iraq? Oh thats right its not murder its "collateral Damage" Oh I see the difference now. :shk:

Yeah, why not answer my whole post there buddy instead of putting words in my mouth.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Yeah, why not answer my whole post there buddy instead of putting words in my mouth.

Sure thing.

Well to make those kind of accusations after only hearing one side of the story is kind of premature. For all we know he could of had some of his terrorist kidnaping friends beat him and say the US did it. Coming from people who murder and kidnap people I wouldn't doubt that this was some kind of suicide propaganda.

Translation: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! Im not believing any news that speaks bad of US troops! BLAH BLAH BLAH!

WOW. Very Insightful

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm a bit skeptical of this report for a couple of reasons. One is that it originates from a source whose investigative techniques are questionable, as there are very few French media personnel in Iraq right now, not to mention the anti-American sentiment that the French press cavorts. The second is... Truncheon? I was never issued a truncheon. Even MP's in combat zones don't carry truncheons because they are cumbersome and easy to lose. Maybe they beat him with something else?...

And to Colonel and the others in a similar camp: I agree that we should have never gone to Iraq, but now that we're there, could you rightly suggest a complete recall of the troops stationed there? Do you have a solution for Iraq now that things have gone the way they have? If you were charged with the decision today, would you leave the troops there, or bring them back? Or some other plan of action, perhaps?

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
And to Colonel and the others in a similar camp: I agree that we should have never gone to Iraq, but now that we're there, could you rightly suggest a complete recall of the troops stationed there? Do you have a solution for Iraq now that things have gone the way they have? If you were charged with the decision today, would you leave the troops there, or bring them back? Or some other plan of action, perhaps?

To tell you the truth things are so bad down there right now that I dont know what they can do to fix things. One thing is clear. They dont want us there. So maybe the best thing to do is help them establish their own government and then get the hell out of there. Maybe help them out with some foreign aid to help pay for what we destroyed.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Maybe we should just leave as the Iraqis want us to. They don't want us there. We'll let the UN fix things as they ought to.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Refer to this link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The UN fix things? lol....oh boy....

Sorry, but I can't understand why people keep looking up to the UN to solve problems when most of the countries in the UN have dictatorships, there are no human rights in many of those countries, and the standard of living in many of those countries really suck....and anyone expects the UN to solve problems? please....

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Better than what we're doing now by killing everyone in sight with a Sadr picture.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

To tell you the truth things are so bad down there right now that I dont know what they can do to fix things. One thing is clear. They dont want us there. So maybe the best thing to do is help them establish their own government and then get the hell out of there. Maybe help them out with some foreign aid to help pay for what we destroyed.
Those people who are attacking don't want us there. But there are only a couple of hundred of them coming at us at a time. What about the people that are trying to get on with their lives and have nothing to do with the conflict (to the best of their ability)?

I assure you that if we left now, there would be tens of thousands of Iraqis more pissed off at us than there are now. And that's because these militants that are attacking are the ones that would attempt to rule Baghdad with force and oppression. You would see worse inhumanity if we left than if we had just left Saddam where he was.

Not to mention that once we left, the three power entities in and around Baghdad would have to have it out to determine who would be king of the hill, and with the limited resources at their disposal, there would be no clear winner, no decisive victory in the near future to rest the power balance.

So say at the end of June we hand over governance to a body of 'elected' officials charged with dealing with what we have created. Where's their police force or their military that will protect the people from those who dissagree with the arrangement. Where's the border patrol to make sure that other insurgents don't just lolly-gag their ways across the border with AKs, RPGs, and crude explosives? No, I'm afraid we're not going anywhere, because if we did, we would have a hornet's nest to deal with. That Iraq would be a perfect place for terrorists with murder on their minds to set up shop and plan the next big one. And then, when we learned that there were terrorists hiding in Iraq, plotting, we'd have to bomb the hell out of it again, like we did before...

I think we need to do everything we can to ensure that we don't have to drop anymore bombs (not that we had to in the first place, but you know cowboys... loose cannon bastard).

Look, the people that don't want us there are most likely the thugs that would be screwing things up if we weren't there anyway. In fact, those of them who are Iraqis I bet are the mostly the same individuals that Saddam freed from his prison prior to the invasion. You know why he did that, right? To make it hard for us. Release all the violent criminals, for the purpose of carrying out violence against an invading force.

You're right, Ocelot, things are bad, but they're not out of control. These people that are attacking have only a plan of deter and distract. All they want to do is put a wrench in the works, and they have no long term goals. It's unfortunate, but the only way I can see out of this smelling anything unlike burning flesh, is to lock down the entire Baghdad area and flush it. Intern those who can be found not to be a threat, engage in battle, and secure a decisive victory. Then things will be peaceful.

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If the Iraqis are unahppy with us, we'll give them Saddam back to rule them, see how they like it.

Colonel what has the UN ever fixed? Zippo, nada nothing. They are too busy debating over crap than to help countries out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join