It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which cars gets the most tickets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The Hummer

I am sorry, the silly side of me takes joy in that.

But funny thing is that its cousins don't, according to the article. So it must be a brand thing.

Maybe because a lot of officers are ex-militayr and don't want to see a hummer used as a grocery getter.

Fun article.

And sigh...I don't have to worry about my care being on there.

Which cars draw the most tickets?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Funny story... I drive a PT Cruiser Turbo Convertible...looks like a little putt putt car, but she will git up and go! The other night my husband and I got pulled over for doing 78 mph in 60 mph area...The nice officer said "Sir I clocked you doing 78 mph", to which my husband replied, "Yes sir you did, I can't lie, I had my cruise control set at 78. The officer kind of laughed and said "since you were honest about it sir, I am going to let you off with a warning"... I thought it was funny and nice of the officer at the same time. Po-po never look at my innocent looking lil' car...unless my hubby is driving...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Another funny story to add here:
I can say that the Corvette Z06 is one quicker ticket picker-upper. My uncle has a pretty hot black Lingenfelter equipped model that he races at the tracks around the US. Last time he was here, we went out to do a little test and tune... when we got pulled over 1 block from the house.. in a school zone. Doing a whopping 28mph. In july.

The officer casually strolled up and proceeded to say something to the effect of "nice car, how fast were you going back there?" Bob said... "well, 28.. of course. Only three mile an hour over." Once that ticket made it back to Minnesota Bob lost his license for a while. lol.
That car seems to get him many a ticket.

However, the bright side of the story is:
He let me drive the rest of the day, so we took it out to an old stretch of highway, and I topped the posted 55 limit by about 100 over. (according to the HUD) Talk about a bad mamma jamma. Ticket magnet!

T-

[edit on 09/2/19 by telemetry]

new topics

join