It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy - Sound To Electricity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
They can also transfer magnetism to electrical energy.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Among other stuff, I'm a sound engineer.
You started the OP stating that there was some HF sound everywhere. How HF? Most microphones are made to be sensible at picking sounds that the human ear is sensible to, among the range of 30Hz-20KHz, some a little more. So to start with, if this frequency could be detected only by a device you will need some special equipment, and I don't know if there are commercially available dynamic mics for that kind of stuff.
Furthermore, it is true that a dynamic microphone Wikipedia does not require an external power source, but the output from ambient sound is really minimum. When I say MINIMUM it means that it's nowhere near a small battery (and it's not DC of course).
So you may be pointing at the right direction when you talk about different materials, maybe a physics breakthrough on that area is what you should look after, only then you may get a dynamic microphone that has a better output. But of course, if you managed to achieve something like that, microphones would be the last thing you'd be interested!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seb2882

You are not the first to actually think I am talking about a microphone you can buy in a store. Why on Earth, though, would I be talking about a microphone you can buy from a store? You people really that lazy?

Did you not read this post where I am talking about making a custom microphone?

You know, when you INVENT something, you don't just buy it from a store......... you usually create it at home. I guess you people are waiting for someone to do all the work for you. Waiting for something you can buy at a store and piece together and have free energy. I think that is called laziness..WOW

The topic is about a concept with a REALLY simple example, of what I am talking about. Not a final working model!

I already stated that I am talking about a specially designed device that transforms sound into electricity, ok? The most simple example in existence today is a microphone. However, microphones today are designed for human clarity. Most microphones are designed to reduce background "noise".

I, however, am talking about a custom made "microphone" that would really really suck at recording any recognizable sounds, because the membrane would be vibrating more than what you want to hear. You would want to pick up all the "noise" you possibly can.

If you really study and learn the echo phenomenon you can use echo's to your advantage also. Especially if you understand how to control the echo, and guide it where you wish. Maybe into a small loop.

Read up on how sonar works. en.wikipedia.org...

ONCE AGAIN I WILL REPEAT: I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT A MICROPHONE YOU CAN BUY FROM A STORE, OR A MICROPHONE USED TO SIMULATE WHAT HUMANS HEAR.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

As I stated, you will have to "invent" new materials or new ways to use known materials in order to achieve what you want if we are considering it is possible, which I'm not saying. It's best to think about improving solar energy output, or other natural sources. It just ain't worth it. There are other power sources way more energetic than sound waves.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
okay this is an interesting thread. Just throwing this out there. Thinking kinda abstract and big here, but say you had a large room with let's say ten thousand tuning forks all spaced an inch or so from each other in a grid. If you got one going would the rest vibrate as well? i imagine it something like dominos. Or if you had a small stimulus vibrating only one in a constant state would it essentially power the rest? And could that energy be harvested? Maybe with this newly invented microphone. I don't know much about physics, but i like thinking of ideas. So anyone have a thought or response on this on why it would or would not work.

Wook

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WildWookie
okay this is an interesting thread. Just throwing this out there. Thinking kinda abstract and big here, but say you had a large room with let's say ten thousand tuning forks all spaced an inch or so from each other in a grid. If you got one going would the rest vibrate as well? i imagine it something like dominos. Or if you had a small stimulus vibrating only one in a constant state would it essentially power the rest? And could that energy be harvested? Maybe with this newly invented microphone. I don't know much about physics, but i like thinking of ideas. So anyone have a thought or response on this on why it would or would not work.

Wook

It is possible to set up what is called a "cascading" resonance, where resonance will travel from one vibrating object to another, and then back again.

However sound waves, just as RF waves and even light waves encounter, is resistance. The air itself is a resistor. An example of that is moving away from a loudspeaker, the further you get away from the loudspeaker, the attenuation of the sound increases, thus the amplitude of that sound decreases.

So with the idea of setting up a bunch of tuning forks in a room so they react upon one another, eventually the air in between each tuning fork will attenuate the sound wave to a point where it no longer has as much resonating influence on its neighbor, eventually the whole thing comes to a stop.

Something either has to eliminate the resistance so the sound wave remains pure in amplitude, or something must sustain the sound wave to overcome the resistance.

As I have mentioned earlier, as did another member, a crystal radio is an example of free energy, taking exsisting RF energy which is modulated and is AC of in itself, can electrically act upon a pizo element, or earphone and you hear sound. But this energy received is very weak and the components of the crystal radio itself has resistance. The diode used in such a set, or any semiconductor junction be it PN or NP, has about a .7 volt drop across the junction, which means for 1 volt passed through the diode, there is a .7 volt loss within the junction itself.

Newer PN/NP semiconductor materials with less impurities have dropped the loss down to about .4. Those PN/NP junction components however are extremely expensive and usually used in special applications, research etc.

Your best bet is to work with super conductors, which at the appropriate temperatures, has no resistance to electrical flow. Eliminate the internal resistance of the components, or the ambient air for your enclosed room filled with tuning forks, you might actually overcome the barrier that keeps perpetual electric flow from occuring. If that can be accomplished, you simply stack the elements to increase the output, and then you might have a workable power source that can drive a practical load.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
A few years ago, I was looking for a way to build myself a cheap doorbell. I had an inexpensive wallwart laying around, a pushbutton switch, some bell wire, and a Radio Shack piezo "buzzer. I mounted the buzzer on the side of a plywood bookshelf that I had screwed to my wall some time earlier. I hooked everything up and it worked fine. Too fine in fact. I went on night shift and started getting awakened during the day when I was trying to get some sleep. I thought it was neighborhood kids so I unplugged the wall wart when I came home from work when I wanted to sleep. The doorbell still kept going off. I thought that it was the capacitor in the wallwart being charged by the piezo element. I tried plugging it in for a while, unplugging it and then pushing the button to see how long the buzzer made a sound. It stayed on for a while depending on how long it had been plugged in. The interesting part was after leaving it unplugged for a while it would charge back up enough to make a sound again. I thought about hooking it up to a diode array to see how much power I could get but never got around to buying one from my electronics supplier. I lived in a old mobile home with all wood paneling walls etc. at the time. As I lived near a busy highway with a lot of ambient noise from traffic, I thought that maybe my book shelf was the right dimensions to acoustically couple with my mobile home and generate just enough to make the buzzer work. In this case the buzzer was working as a microphone and a transducer. I might mention before the flaming starts that I worked as an electronics and musical instrument tech for over 40 years starting in the 60s and have no explanation or further interest in the phenomenom. Make what you will of it. I had several witnesses both friends and customers.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I like this thread.

We need more thinking like this in the world, Imagine the possibilities and what we can create. Keep it up!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Haven’t read the whole thread but the best wave to harness is in the ocean it has a tad more energy than a microphone and solves the load problems.

MJ2

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I really don't know why people have a hard time grasping this and keep going back to the little microphone not being able to supply enough power to do anything.

They recently showed a new device that is coming out that takes RF and changes it to power. Maybe someone has seen something on it.

I believe what it would do would be to take a signal that is in the environment, any signal, let's take one that's pumping out 100 thousand watts from an AM or FM station near you. You have a coil that is tuned to that precise frequency inside a box that collects any power that is passed through that coil or antenna. Now it's not the only one coil, there are probably twenty or thirty of them. They take that power that is coming off the wire antenna and pass it to a capacitor or something equivalent.

Just like the crystal radio, there is enough power to know you have power. Now multiply that power times how many antenna's you have wound up at the precise frequency of that station. And to boot you have transistors or a more modern day version that amplifies this signal. This is not rocket science and you don't have to be highly intelligent to see that there is a power source and that it can be harnessed. Although some may say that it won't work because of the theory, have gone to the old school where you are taught to listen and not question the teacher.

The electronics now can fit into nano tech size pieces of hardware and you guys try to tell us that they haven't the ability to collect the amounts of energy given off a piece of metal? They already have nanobots that collect energy from the sun and use that to assist in cloud seeding. Nanobots can collect together vast amounts of energy.... Get out of the stone ages guys.... Tesla talked about the energy throughout the atmosphere, what do you think he was referring to? That's why it's not possible because for it to possible it would have to be able to be metred.

I thought ATS was smarter than this...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether

Just like the crystal radio, there is enough power to know you have power. Now multiply that power times how many antenna's you have wound up at the precise frequency of that station. And to boot you have transistors or a more modern day version that amplifies this signal. This is not rocket science and you don't have to be highly intelligent to see that there is a power source and that it can be harnessed.

But you do need to know how transistors and amplifiers operate. They both require external power.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know how electronic components work Phage, I worked in electronics, I'm an Amateur Radio Op and have been for about 26yrs. I've worked in the field also in the military. Check out some of the things out there before you start telling me its not possible. You obviously take what is told to you as gospel and don't play around or test theories. I tested theories in the military and had lots to play with. As of possible... None of the OP is possible unless someone gets there head out of where it shouldn't be and then you can start finding out what is really possible....

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Have you ever head about Nikola Tesla? This technology has been around for just about one hundred years, and I'm convinced the government has it locked up somewhere. This man was a genius, a visionary. But the greedy capitalist investors pulled out when they discovered what his inventions would really accomplish. Clean, free, ubiquitous energy for the entire planet. Anyone realize the implications of this? There would be no more war, people would be free to pursue whatever they felt like in life. There would be no obligations, we would fashion a Utopian society for all the planet's inhabitants. Those who are more adventurous could put it upon themselves to travel through space and seek out new worlds. Artistry would flourish on this planet, the population would find a stable median, and conflict over resources would be totally eliminated. The greedy and corrupt would stand out for what they were. The world would be taken into a prosperous age of energy abundance, bringing with it untold scientific, artistic and technological progress.

This is the final part of a 12-part TV movie, regarding Nikola Tesla's life and accomplishments.

Only now are we using wireless electric technology. It's been almost one hundred years and we're only now seeing commercial use of this technology. I wouldn't doubt for an instant that the government was covering this up. If anyone had access to this then what good would be the nation state? We would live in practical Utopia.

Here's a more recent video explaining his technology.

And here is the first commercial use of wireless electric technology. People really are horrible. They'll do anything to contain wealth for themselves, to gain an upper hand against their fellow man. Just imagine what else is being held back. Cures to cancer? Cures to diseases and viruses? The powers that be profit on these products' non-existence. They profit on death.

The TPTB have held out on this wondrous technology for this long. Now with the rise in information and communication technology, they are finally able to exploit this natural phenomena of free energy. They've held this from the world so they can sell wireless cell phones, refrigerators, and a bunch of other useless crap for the consumer market to fawn over.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I've read that submarines use anechoic tiles to turn sound into heat, but I'm not sure how effective they are
I know sound travels like 4 times faster in water so that might be what makes it work
It seems like something worth looking into

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have not heard of an HF all-permeating sound, but the OP seems to be somewhat describing the Schumann Resonances. But these are ELF not HF.

To the sound engineers out there, though:

As nanotechnology advances, more and more incredible inventions seem possible. What basic laws keep someone from making a simple nanoscopic Faraday system (similar to the shake-to-power flashlights) that would generate energy from the physical vibrations that compose sounds. Of course the power from one such device would be really small, but considering the size, millions could (in theory) be made and still not take up substantial space, and could be linked. Conceptually (not in practice) is there anything blatantly wrong with this basic idea?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i think your mic>speaker>air>repeat idea is a great one, but it is sort of like the generator>engine>repeat deal, it would eventually die down. Which starts the question, why? why are the laws of physics working in they way that they do.

*shakes fist at physics*
*menacingly*
stupid laws of physics!

Whhhhhhhhyyy???

[edit on 11-3-2009 by AnimeAgent]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Use a coil and a capacitor to tune into the Sun.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
could you show me the design of that ??
how it is made ??
I may attempt to replicate it...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join