It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy - Sound To Electricity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
I was watching the News a while ago and they did this interview of a guy who was searching for the worlds most quiet place. He had this special type of dB meter and was traveling all over the place to find the most quiet spot in the world.

He found out that no matter where he went, there was always this really high frequency ringing sound.

Oh man, really. I've been hearing that for the last few years or so. I hear a ringing mixed with white noise.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
... basically, take my advice before you do the same, you're never going to get enough movement from your daily sounds to overcome the physical resistance exerted on the mics coil from the load on the other end of the circuit... even if all that load is, is you charging a small battery.

The E.E and A.S.E on this forum are correct.
It's a noble thought, but sound just isn't a workable source of energy, not at any natural amplitudes anyhow.

Well, the problem here with E.E.'s is that they think they know everything, when all they know is from books.

I am fully aware that the coil in the microphone will produce a magnetic force because of the "load", which creates resistance on the magnet of the microphone. YOU DONT HAVE TO REPEAT IT.

The problem with ALL of you E.E.'s, is that you are not aware of all the possible ways to store the energy, or to temporarily hold energy until it is needed, until the "load" is low enough. Because all you know is what is told to you in books.

The other problem is that you E.E.'s, and other people, automatically think I am talking ONLY about a microphone, and not devices that act like microphones... or devices that are more sensitive, powerful, completely different from a standard voice microphone.

The idea I gave you all about an "array of microphones" was not a "final invention", it was the most simple and clear way to explain a process of creating electricity from vibration..

Seriously FREE ENERGY = VIBRATION

But, most of you are so busy trying to debunk and find flaws in ideas, that you totally ignore the entire basis of the idea.

In the end, I'm pretty sure I can predict every single post after this.... Go ahead, tell me things I already know.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

All right: predict what comes next then. It doesn't count if you say you predicted it afterward.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A few years ago, I was reading an article on some web page.
I do not remember where.
Some guy had built a unit that turned sound into electricity.
He had a video of it, it was only small but it worked.
He wasn't trying to sell it or ask for money for anything in fact, he was going on how the government was harassing him about it and that he had to move away and hide.
He had plans to build it on the web page for free but, at the time I didn't care enough about it to download them.
I wish I could find the details of it again.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

This is energy. But it's about as free as a bicycle generator. You're free to scream into a microphone to power a computer, but you'll find that it's impossible.

And you should learn what "free" and "perpetual" energy means. Sound is vibrational (waves through a medium) energy that comes from somewhere -- therefore, not free.

A microphone converts sound to electricity with no power consumption at all.

It does use power. You don't really seem to understand elementary (high school/university freshman) physics, so power is work done divided by time elapsed. So, energy per second. You need to do work to make sound.

Everything makes sound, so there is limitless amounts of it available.

You just say these things to sound silly. You need to make force, and therefore do work, to create sound. It's just not a good way to transmit energy.

I was thinking about "feedback" from a microphone. "Feedback" is when you use a microphone to close to a speaker that is playing the sounds from the microphone. What happens is, sound from the speaker vibrates the microphone, and that sends a signal back to the speaker and an infinite loops happens. Microphone, to speaker, to air, to microphone, to speaker, to air, etc.. That's when you hear a high frequency ringing sound.

A speaker is basically a horrible microphone, it too has a magnet and a coil, and if you vibrate the speaker cone, it will create electricity, just like a microphone..

So wouldn't a "feedback loop" be perpetual motion??

If you start a sound into the microphone, it will vibrate the speaker, and the speaker will vibrate the air, and the air would vibrate the microphone again, and the loop continues...

Perpetual vibrational motion?

This is really silly. Speakers are powered by external power sources and couldn't run off of a microphone. Even if you powered it with some kind of sound to electricity converter, you'd lose power very, very quickly since you need way more energy to power the speaker than you get out. WAY more. You really, REALLY need to learn some high school physics before authoring threads.

That's great, when you E.E.'s can tell me what electricity is, then you might get more respect form me.

Yes, I understand "load".

I also understand how to get a constant stream of electricity from a microphone.....

Electricity is the flow of electrons through a conductor due to a potential difference of charge between each end of the wire. Such as a battery. Maybe you should show respect for people who actually think before saying stupid things.

No, you don't understand load, you don't understand resistance, and you don't understand why you have a net loss of energy in any system due to friction and resistance.

Well, the problem here with E.E.'s is that they think they know everything, when all they know is from books.

Actually, it's from books YOU ARE TOO CLUELESS TO UNDERSTAND (literally, you need high school physics before doing so, something you failed to master due to a lack of schooling or mental deficiency) and from ACTUALLY MAKING ELECTRONIC DEVICES.

The problem with ALL of you E.E.'s, is that you are not aware of all the possible ways to store the energy, or to temporarily hold energy until it is needed, until the "load" is low enough. Because all you know is what is told to you in books.

No, unlike idiots on an internet forum, they make things that rely on these physical principles to operate.

Seriously FREE ENERGY = VIBRATION

Vibrations are so many things that you just said free energy = something oscillating. Thanks. I'll go call my physics professors.

But, most of you are so busy trying to debunk and find flaws in ideas, that you totally ignore the entire basis of the idea.

The basis of the idea itself is flawed due to electrical resistance in devices (main problem), the fact that microphones (or any sound wave ---> electricity device) won't recover all of the expended energy, and that you lose some energy in the form of friction. So if it was a PERFECT device, you'd have a self-sustaining system, which would lose any energy you used to power anything. As it's not, not only does it fail to be usable for anything, but it is a system that will VERY quickly collapse and dissipate any and all energy it contained.
The only thing you could do with this is maybe scream into a device to recharge something, but even then it's too inefficient and you don't get enough energy from that source anyway.

ALLis0NE, after following your threads, I REALLY think that you're trolling these forums for amusement or something. There's no way you believe these things. I strongly advise you to save other places for your petty antagonistic games, because we're starting to catch on.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Johnmike]

XL5

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If its going to work, you want to find the frequency of the ever present tone, then how many decibels it is. Then find a microphone that resonates with that frequency or make one, then, if you do get even 0.1watt, make alot of them but try to make them VERY tiny. Maybe use tiny (1mm squared) quartz cubes (with some metal deposited on 2 sides) with small aluminium wires tuned to that freq. glued to them.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
This is energy. But it's about as free as a bicycle generator. You're free to scream into a microphone to power a computer, but you'll find that it's impossible.

And you should learn what "free" and "perpetual" energy means. Sound is vibrational (waves through a medium) energy that comes from somewhere -- therefore, not free.

I'm sorry did you not read my first post?

I clearly mention a "sound" that is always detectable, in my first post. A sound that is always there..... free.

Not only that, but I can name many other "vibrational (waves through a medium) that occur all the time naturally.

Did you know the Earth makes a constant noise (vibration)? Did you know that an electron spinning around a proton makes a constant perpetual vibration? I guess not.

A microphone converts sound to electricity with no power consumption at all.

It does use power. You don't really seem to understand elementary (high school/university freshman) physics, so power is work done divided by time elapsed. So, energy per second. You need to do work to make sound.

Hmm, you are taking my words out of context. I was explaining that a "dynamic microphone" does not need ANY external/extra power source, for it to convert sound into electricity. All it needs is sound energy.

You are aware that to create electricity all you need is a moving magnet next to a wire right?

Vibrate a magnet with sound, next to a coil of wire.

Everything makes sound, so there is limitless amounts of it available.

You just say these things to sound silly. You need to make force, and therefore do work, to create sound. It's just not a good way to transmit energy.

It just sounds silly to you because of your lack of knowledge. I was literally talking about atom's and molecules themselves make their own sound. Even the Earth vibrates (Schumann resonance). There is always something making a noise, at all times every second. I am not talking about just loud noises, I'm talking about even the smallest of noise could be useful. It all depends how you make your microphone... the microphone in my ear uses hair and a drum. I would probably want to design my microphone like a dog ear though..

This is really silly. Speakers are powered by external power sources and couldn't run off of a microphone.

Wow you are really wrong...

If you have a microphone, connected to a speaker that has the same magnet and coil as the microphone, every time you make sound in the microphone it will vibrate the speaker. Yes there will be some loss, but one will always move the other... I don't care how much, any movement is good.

It's just wire and magnets.... Do you really not understand this simple concept???

Move the microphone diaphragm, which moves the magnet, which makes electricity in the coil, which runs to the speaker's coil, which makes an electromagnet, and moves the magnet of the speaker cone.........

Seems like you don't know basic science.

Actually, it's from books YOU ARE TOO CLUELESS TO UNDERSTAND (literally, you need high school physics before doing so, something you failed to master due to a lack of schooling or mental deficiency) and from ACTUALLY MAKING ELECTRONIC DEVICES.

So now you are claiming to know everything that I know, and you are claiming that I don't actually build electronic devices..... AND you are insulting me....

Maybe you don't understand that I am a computer technician?

No, unlike idiots on an internet forum, they make things that rely on these physical principles to operate.

Once again, I have already mentioned in this forum other devices that I have made, I have actually been called an Electrical Engineer in many of my jobs. However, I don't just stick to books, because I want to do something called "make a discovery".

Now if you call me an idiot one more time, and insult me, I frikken swear on my life you will regret it. This is self defense.

Vibrations are so many things that you just said free energy = something oscillating. Thanks. I'll go call my physics professors.

Once again you totally ignore the very first sentence in my post. Actually every single thread that you have replied to me in shows a total lack of reading skills.

I mentioned in my first post a specific sound that is always available. Do you want to disprove that?? Or do you want to insult me because you are stuck "inside a box".

ALLis0NE, after following your threads, I REALLY think that you're trolling these forums for amusement or something. There's no way you believe these things. I strongly advise you to save other places for your petty antagonistic games, because we're starting to catch on.

Some day you might have a high enough IQ to understand the importance of every single post I have made. (maybe)

[edit on 21-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Fine by me pal, I tried to lay it on you gently.

But if you're so hell bent to attempt what thousands have already walked away from feeling like total idiots, then do so.

Just remember, when you get to that dead end and are totally heat broken because you realize it was futile all along, I was kind enough to try to warn you.

You can deal with your own self defeat now.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Seriously JohnSky, let me ask you some questions....

Do you know that there is a sound that can be heard at all times? Constant? Humans can't hear it (maybe some can), but it is there. Did you know that?

Did you also know that is possible to make a sensitive enough device that will vibrate to that sound, and create electricity? Even on the "nano" scale?

Seriously....

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

I predict a mod coming in here and telling us to get back on topic if you and I continue to get off topic.

Then I predict people to only comment using finite ideas, and only seeing a finite distance into the future.

All I see is infinity.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

reply to post by johnsky

Seriously JohnSky, let me ask you some questions....

Do you know that there is a sound that can be heard at all times? Constant? Humans can't hear it (maybe some can), but it is there. Did you know that?

Did you also know that is possible to make a sensitive enough device that will vibrate to that sound, and create electricity? Even on the "nano" scale?

Seriously....

Ungh... a high frequency sound is even WORSE.

When I did my set of tests, the lower the frequency, the more of it could be captured. (I generated those frequencies for test purposes to see what could be captured, and at pretty high decibels).

What I found was that the higher frequency range (20,000Hz is max for humans) was less capable of vibrating the membranes I was using than the lower frequency ranges of around 200Hz. This is because the wavelength is shorter.

It became clear that unless it were possible for a membrane that was near massless to exist, it simply wasn't going to move in any usable way.
The same concept plagued me when dealing with resonances.

At high frequencies, the movement of anything you vibrate is going to be so incredibly minute that there simply is no way to harness that energy to be useful, not mechanically, not electrically, not thermally... it simply wasn't going to happen.

But hey, you've just tossed the warnings of 3 professionals out the window, one of whom has already attempted to experiment with harnessing sound as an energy form (myself), so clearly you're hell bent on proving the futility of it to yourself without any outside warnings.

So please, do so.
Just get it over with, run a few experiments yourself.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
At high frequencies, the movement of anything you vibrate is going to be so incredibly minute that there simply is no way to harness that energy to be useful,

Your experiments did not try every possible "membrane". You didn't try every possible shape of membrane, size of membrane, material of membrane....etc.... and don't claim you did.

Heck, the membrane can be water... did you know that?

Nor did you test every type of magnet, size of magnet, strength of magnet. Nor did you test every type of coil, every size coil, every gauge
wire, and every type of wire.... so unless you have you can not speak as if you know, or if you think you know.

You say it wont harness enough energy "to be useful". That still means you CAN harness the energy.

The point I am trying to make is that there is a source of "free" energy from sound. When I say free, I mean YOU don't need to pay, or do any work. I know all of the "no such thing as free energy" comments that are out of context, and I already know that "energy can only be converted from one form to another"... spare those comments please.

I also already know that high frequency has more trouble traveling through mediums compared to low frequency, because of the wave length. However, the only reason this is true is because of the material composition of the medium itself. Changing the composition of the medium will greatly effect how high and low frequencies act on that medium.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Talk talk.
Just do it, man.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
How much faster do you think the blue circle would move if it was a higher frequency?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Very nice idea, great original thinking...

A large microfone array, I love to see some specs and possible output levels...

Going to check this out for sure!

Thanks OP, SF awarded

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I like Raz's idea best

Originally posted by Razmear23
For example, set a row of flat metal plates with magnets on each end under a highway. As vehicles go over the plates the ends separate and come back together again many times a minute. The magnets passing each other will generate usable amounts of electricity.

This electricity could then be used to create hydrogen (rather then storing it in expensive batteries). The hydrogen could then be used for power generation or to fuel cars etc..

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Do you have ANY idea how easy it is to be a computer tech?
That's supposed to impress me? All you need is the equivalent of an A+ and Network+ certification and you can do anything. I would know. I've done it. Since I was about 14, actually, and you don't need any knowledge of physics (as we can see in you) to be one. Don't you dare call yourself an electrical engineer.

It's just not practical. You don't get nearly enough energy, and your speaker/microphone array setup has been thoroughly debunked. I guess your best bet when dealing with sound would be to try and work with resonance, but even then I don't think it would apply to this well. I could calculate the power you're getting and compare it to electricity if you want, just give me specific frequencies and amplitudes.

And if I call you an idiot one more time, I'll regret it? That's adorable. Idiot.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

How much faster do you think the blue circle would move if it was a higher frequency?

This is not how sound works. Sound is a compression wave

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There seem to be a lot of trolls on this forum these days.

Do not let them discourage you by having your topic derailed, ridiculed and changed like so many other original ideas have been stomped into the ground for various reasons. Calling the OP names is not going to enforce your own viewpoint, but is only going to derail the thread.

The simple answers are usually the best ones.

Again, thanks for bringing this up ALLis0NE.

Please keep us posted, and if you feel you need some serious comments and assistance there are other forums which I am more than happy to point you to.

Phage thinks you should do it, I consider that the best compliment he can give anyone. Hi Phage. Love you.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

I suggest that you remove the link in your signature labeled, "Cure any disease by sending 5v DC through your body @15Hz." I clicked on it because, well, you can't have DC @ 15 Hz. It could be 5v AC at 15Hz, but not DC. I'll explain briefly. Direct current flows in one direction, from positive to negative (physically, electrons move the other way, but "current" is the opposite due to convention). DC is like a battery. AC is alternating current, as you have in wall outlets. In this case, the voltage switches at 60Hz, back and forth, and consequently, so does the current. So it's changing direction and going back again at a rate of 60 times per second (thank Tesla for AC!). It's used because you get less loss over distances.

But it's an advertisement site. Its presence in your signature is blatant, although maybe unintentional, spam to get people to click and/or increase its Google rank. You should get rid of it before the mods do.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Johnmike]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join