It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Atlantis?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Please see the second post on this page:

bbs.keyhole.com...

It links to a report titled, "THE GEOLOGY OF THE MADEIRA ABYSSAL PLAIN
FURTHER STUDIES RELEVANT TO ITS SUITABILITY FOR
RADIOACTIVE WASTE DISPOSAL".

The post also has a picture from the report that maps the survey tracks. Look familiar?

There's a Google Earth link at the bottom of the post where the report's survey line map is an overlay to the "Atlantis" area. Use the slider under the Google Earth "Places" box to adjust the transparency of the overlay and you will see that the "Atlantis" lines match a survey line.

Mystery solved.

/Thread

If you want to continue discussing this subject beyond this point, it's either the result of wishful thinking or you'd better go OUT THERE to find what you're looking for. Bringing up links from other conspiracy sites will never solve this case unless someone actually decides to get their hands dirty.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would imagine the "mapping" of the entire sea floor, 2/3's of the the entire earth yes...? is an ongoing process.

So I'd imagine these sonar lines will be cleaned up by "google sea" or "google ocean", whatever it's called.

I mean come on

1)The source...it's the Sun.

2)Atlantis is clearly reported as concentric circles, not rectangles or squares.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
in that google article it also says

"Guess global warming was a problem back then, too. Anyway, most people think Plato made it up, kind of like how those guys in Georgia made up the story about shooting Bigfoot, but others just won't stop believin'."

this is ridiculous, Google is Officially denying it because they cant verify it, and if you do believe it is Atlantis they are basically saying your crazy. on last weeks Lost there was that pendulum map and at one point it showed the floor and there was a star like mark in the center of the map where the pendulum would make contact and carve in a bit, i couldn't see where it was because it was shown too fast. im just making reference to that because its the last line in the article and its out of context. maybe there is some sort of "connection."

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yep, it seems the mystery has been solved.

You would think so but watch this thread hit 20 pages.

I love this place.

LOL You are so right with that! I knew it was too good to be true though.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is not the result of tectonic plates shifting as mentioned earlier, this picture clearly depicts symmetrical shapes, and shapes that could only be formed when building foundations for buildings and roads.

The proof will be when someone dives down and gets a look up close, but until then we will not know for sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RPRevolver
in that google article it also says

"Guess global warming was a problem back then, too. Anyway, most people think Plato made it up, kind of like how those guys in Georgia made up the story about shooting Bigfoot, but others just won't stop believin'."

this is ridiculous, Google is Officially denying it because they cant verify it, and if you do believe it is Atlantis they are basically saying your crazy. on last weeks Lost there was that pendulum map and at one point it showed the floor and there was a star like mark in the center of the map where the pendulum would make contact and carve in a bit, i couldn't see where it was because it was shown too fast. im just making reference to that because its the last line in the article and its out of context. maybe there is some sort of "connection."

This kinda stuff really ticks me off... can anyone say TROY! or UR! These are all ancient and mythical cities which people were laughed at for believing existed at all... But then we found them.

Yep most people thought Homer made up Troy too... but we found that...

Geesh I can't stand these people who don't know their history.

Come on google, get a scientific grip would you.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yep, it seems the mystery has been solved.

You would think so but watch this thread hit 20 pages.

I love this place.

LOL You are so right with that! I knew it was too good to be true though.

Where is the proof that it is too good to be true?

So many people just take it one way or the other instead of being a true skeptic.

WHERE ARE THE SKEPTICS?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Okay, allow me to rephrase the question I asked earlier.

How could a city make it to 3.5 miles below sea level?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Not sure who else noticed, but just to the east of that spot there are more symmetrical formations:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

Why do you find shells in the desert in southwest North America?

Because most of what is today desert was once oceans and much of what is today oceans was once land...

Keep in mind that the earth is 4.5 Billion years old.... and at one time Antarctica was a tropical paradise.... the earth changes greatly over time...

Didn't you learn about this in highschool?

[edit on 20-2-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

See that's the thing...

To the east... those actually look like sonar tracks...

The one in question though doesn't look at all like sonar tracks.

notice how the right angles on the ones to the east are formed because of intersections

But the right angles on the area in question don't have intersections on their very well defined corners.

Now some others are saying that this is due to a British project looking for areas to drop nuclear waste, however they don't look like any sonar tracks anywhere else on the map.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Right, so how long would it take for:

a)Waters to recede far enough for these shells to be uncovered?

b)Waters to cover a city to a depth of 3.5 miles?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Very interesting...Hey isn't this kind of similar to how Alien Vs. Predator started? You know, weird satelite imagery then the s&$@ hits the fan when we get there... Okay, that's me just being silly, but still way cool!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

I forget the researchers name right now but he talked about when the poles shifted in the past; due to centrifugal force the crust-elements that where being pushed outward, would fall & the places now aligned with that energetic apex that are susceptible to upward movement would be thrown out. Theoretically that explains how things would fall & rise incongruently with the current understanding of plate tectonics, and would also explain how entire intact cities could be sunken in a flash & how we see sea fossils on the tops of mountains in Nevada for instance.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal

The earth is not fixed geologically.
For example, fossils of seashells have been found high up in the Himalayas. This suggests that long ago this land was covered by water.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

So perhaps the first thing to do would be to look for evidence of this occuring. You wouldn't have to go to the bottom of an ocean either, as the effect is global.

Then, assuming this event occurred, you could date it using current approved scientific techniques.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Didn't you learn about this in highschool?

I couldn't let this one slide...

HH, where I went to school the High School was for girls only. I was not and am not a girl therefore no, I did not learn about it.

HTH

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Not that I don't agree with you but.
1 Story about Atlantis, 100s about Troy.. Troy is certainly more plausible. IMHO

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's about 140km squared so those are some bloody long roads.... I'm thinking that maybe it's not what they think it is..... Is there no satellite radar image of this area instead of the boat dragged stuff??

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join