It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Atlantis?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

I believe this pic was first spotted (discovered?) by a poster on Graham Hancocks forum page a few weeks back,, and was discussed at length there.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
atlantis? ummm

lol

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
will the profecy of Edgar Cacy come true?????
then the end is near... how conviniance

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread, as in there have been quite a few negitive veiws on this possible structure. More reasearch and investigation is needed before a final answer is given.

This is from Waldy's post. I cannot see how such long lines can be natural formations.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think its more amazing that the Sun can write about anything other than Jade Goody, Big Brother or T@ts.

Makes a difference than the normal doom and gloom, still i wonder how long its been known to be there?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
atlantis? ummm

lol

Why do you lol? Troy was a mythical city which many archaeologists laughed at as well... until they found it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here is something to read. If the link work? If it doesn't work? Google search Atlantis sides. It will be on the first page. The sides of Atlantis is 3000 by 2000 stadia. Which 340.9 by 227.3 miles. A stadia is 600 feet. That is the measurement that I had use.

Well here is the link.

www.metrum.org...

[edit on 20-2-2009 by kennethmd]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's too deep. There is nothing that could account for that much of a drop below sealevel. There would be evidence of a very massive subsidence in the geologic record around the Atlantic and probably around the world. If you look around the bottom there you can see similar type grids nearby but perhaps older (my gut feeling from erosion and deposition). I think it is a shatter zone where plates are forcing the seabed to compress and slide.

However, there are other interesting structures down there such as pyramidy structures like this I will call Neptunes Fortress:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
people read the dialogues,

the water is too deep there 15,000+ feet

"atlantis" was the theran/minoan civilazation of the mediteranian.

Again read the dialogues, the answer is right in front of you

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Please see the second post on this page:

bbs.keyhole.com...

It links to a report titled, "THE GEOLOGY OF THE MADEIRA ABYSSAL PLAIN
FURTHER STUDIES RELEVANT TO ITS SUITABILITY FOR
RADIOACTIVE WASTE DISPOSAL".

The post also has a picture from the report that maps the survey tracks. Look familiar?

There's a Google Earth link at the bottom of the post where the report's survey line map is an overlay to the "Atlantis" area. Use the slider under the Google Earth "Places" box to adjust the transparency of the overlay and you will see that the "Atlantis" lines match a survey line.

Mystery solved.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
reply to post by jfj123

Then you have to explain why such a moderate population built such a massive artficial structure.

My population density model is based on the population per square mile for the state of Michigan which has many massive settlements.

I don't think your population density argument holds water.

Again based on Michigan's population density so it does hold water.

And your values in miles are roughly equivalent to mine in kms, one mile is 1.6kms.

I got the figures from google earth. If you say they're wrong, let google know.

You're right about it being interesting, but it's hardly unique, it's just a smaller fractal pattern of what we see around the fault lines.

Maybe I've missed other anomalies like this elsewhere in the world. Could you point out SIMILAR anomalies using google earth? Thanks.

Now, the physics envolved in why they are as they are could be groundbreaking. Growing earth is one hypothesis I find interesting, since the fault lines seem to be symmetrical on both sides. The electric universe model could be relevant too. But I don't have a horse in this race, so I'll just stay a skeptical observer, although an interested one.

I never even said I thought it was atlantis or even a settlement. I believe I used the phrase, "interesting, unique anomaly".

But I don't expect this, or other massive geometric structures that might come up to be man made. They are simply not in our scale.

I'm not sure I understand this statement.
Are you saying there is no settlement that is 8282 sqr. miles anywhere on earth?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Like... Where else on google earth can we find sonar tracks with right angles and no intersections?

I've only been able to find 2 that are even remotely similar while searching google earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Please see the second post on this page:

bbs.keyhole.com...

It links to a report titled, "THE GEOLOGY OF THE MADEIRA ABYSSAL PLAIN
FURTHER STUDIES RELEVANT TO ITS SUITABILITY FOR
RADIOACTIVE WASTE DISPOSAL".

The post also has a picture from the report that maps the survey tracks. Look familiar?

There's a Google Earth link at the bottom of the post where the report's survey line map is an overlay to the "Atlantis" area. Use the slider under the Google Earth "Places" box to adjust the transparency of the overlay and you will see that the "Atlantis" lines match a survey line.

Mystery solved.

Not so fast...

Yes it _does_ _look_ familiar, however where are the other lines which have disappeared if this is in fact the cause?

There are so many unanswered questions and people just want to sluff it off as "Mystery Solved"...

I thought we were skeptics?

[edit on 20-2-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
In Plato's dialogues, he describes Atlantis as being just outside the "Pillars of Hercules" (that's what we know today as the Strait of Gibraltar, where the Mediterranean links to the Atlantic). So, Plato was saying Atlantis was outside of the Mediterranean — I mean, if we're taking Plato at his word, then Atlantis should be in the Atlantic Ocean.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's none of the above. It's Bathymetric lines:
Explained, simply

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
it was human-fish...the people who can breathe in the water, whose built that several thousands years ago.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I might be wrong and all, But I do not see other then just having it, What it the big deal about Atlantis? I have heard story's about how they were ahead of there time, But we are not talking Stargate here. That just means they at best were where we were 700 years ago, Rite?

As I said, I just might be wrong. So please anyone feel free to fill me in,

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteblack
it was human-fish...the people who can breathe in the water, whose built that several thousands years ago.

Evolved from Sea Monkeys no doubt. However Sea Monkeys are really brind shrimp ergo there is a water breathing shrimp/human hybrid civilization somewhere in the oceans of the planet Earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I agree nobody knows what it is? and in the question you find the answer. If "they" wanted to tell us what it was we would have already known by now. what i mean is how long have we been mapping the ocean floor people, look at how much submarine action has been in that area since WW2. Look at how much exploration is done by oil company's alone, do you think if an oil company found this they would tell you? no because if you answer this question you have to answer a thousand more questions and governments know this and tells big oil hey if you scratch my back i'll scratch yours, and they maintain control because without it they both lose. And that is why we will never get a straight answer from a legit news source. Just another chapter in the "how to control the world handbook."

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here is a quote from google

"It's true that many amazing discoveries have been made in Google Earth including a pristine forest in Mozambique that is home to previously unknown species and the remains of an ancient Roman villa," a statement from Google read. "In this case, however, what users are seeing is an artifact of the data collection process. Bathymetric (or sea floor terrain) data is often collected from boats using sonar to take measurements of the sea floor. The lines reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data."

news.cnet.com...

There doesn't seem to be any other artifacts anywhere else on google earth but that doesn't mean anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join