It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Atlantis?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

At 160kms by 120kms aproximately that would hardly be a settlement. It would be, by orders of magnitude, the biggest construction on earth. Which just happens to be under around 5kms of water. What happened, did it sink under it's own weight?

Makes absolutely no sense as a manmade structure, which is why I go with eith geology or, more probably, simply a digital overlay on the maps which does not refer to anything tangible or real.

Be carefull with your belief systems folks, people are out there to sequester them, because if you control how a person thinks and feels you control how they act. It's the same for homeland security terrorist policy foundations as it is for new age religious pseudo historical foundations. Any meme a large number of people believes has value to the controlling personality types. For more info see the last two links on my signature.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Zepherian]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
reply to post by jfj123

At 160kms by 120kms aproximately that would hardly be a settlement. It would be, by orders of magnitude, the biggest construction on earth. Which just happens to be under around 5kms of water. What happened, did it sink under it's own weight?

The mythology states that it did sink.

Makes absolutely no sense as a manmade structure, which is why I go with eith geology or, more probably, simply a digital overlay on the maps which does not refer to anything tangible or real.

Do you have an example of other digital overlays?
Also, what would be the reason for a digital overlay?

Be carefull with your belief systems folks, people are out there to sequester them, because if you control how a person thinks and feels you control how they act. It's the same for homeland security terrorist policy foundations as it is for new age religious pseudo historical foundations. Any meme a large number of people believes has value to the controlling personality types. For more info see the last two links on my signature.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Zepherian]

I'm in no way saying that this is atlantis however it is an interesting, unique anomaly. I scanned through the rest of google earth and found nothing similar except in one other area close to the point that is shown.

Sea shells have been found on some of the tallest mountains in the world so the current depth of the "anomaly" cannot preclude it from being man made although it is very doubtful.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652
Apparently the Daily Mail say it's not Atlantis.

'In this case, however, what users are seeing is an artefact of the data collection process.

'Bathymetric (or sea floor terrain) data is often collected from boats using sonar to take measurements of the sea floor.

'The lines reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data.

I don't know why Zorgon's post hasn't been picked up on much that picture is awesome

Big props for that mate, quite a few resemblances to that and the underwater grid, and am I honestly suppose to believe that piece I've quoted above is true? From how it reads that woman is sayin that the lines on the ocean floor are a reflection of a boats path across the surface... thats absolute balls, how many boats can turn at 90 degree angles and would cover a 100 mile odd rectangle perfectly in line.

I could have come up with a better excuse than that..

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Digital overlay is just another way of saying image manipulation. The debunking of said images is a regular event on ATS, no need to go into further detail. As for the whys, why do people lie? For personal benefit. For the sheer thrill of it. Out of pathology. Take your pick, and it's a and/or situation.

There are other similar anomalies, in google earth itself the entire central atlantic fault line is jagged in geometric patterns, so yes, this could perfectly well be natural, if it is anything at all. There is a hexagonal rock formation just a few miles from my house, sacred geometry in nature produces such things, it's not without precedence.

Either explanations are at first glance more probable than Atlantis, which is probably a name given to a civilization lost in the mist of time that spanned an area far more vast than just one mythical city. Atlantis, in probability, was much more than the myth and probably knew itself by another name. We have had the same general physiology as a species for 30 000 years, at least, according to established academics (I personally suspect we exist as a species spanning various planets and civilizations, but that's another thread), and have about 6000 years of (badly) recorded history. Yes, there are probably ruins of vast civilizations out there, but the myths built up around atlantis will never correspond to what has been dug up, and if anything serves to keep people away from actual knowledge of pre cataclismic or pre historic, well, history.

Or, in short, Atlantis gets on my nerves.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It's the trail of a large skate with OCD

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Interesting find...

Here's a different take (that doesn't involve long lost civilizations with magical technology) on the Atlantis mystery.

----------------------------------
www.youtube.com...://mushroom-atlantis.blogspot.com/
----------------------------------

Check it out.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Except that, if we're lending Plato's description so much credibility, we must reconcile the problem of the rectangular grid. According to Plato, Atlantis was laid out in a radial pattern, like concentric circles with spokes of intersecting waterways.

If this anomaly is manmade, its proportions are gigantic and it's definitely in the wrong place. At a glance, if someone showed me this image without explanation or location, I'd say that it looks like an archaeological excavation site.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The size of the anomaly is approx
101 miles
x
82 miles
=8,282 sqr. miles

If you figure approx. moderate population density of 173 per square mile, you end up with a total population of 1,432,786 if the anomaly was populated at one time.

As a point of reference,
The total area of Michigan (excluding Great Lakes waters) is 58,527 sq mi

That means the anomaly is approx. 1/7th the size of Michigan.
Estimated 2006 population of Michigan is 10,095,643

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
reply to post by jfj123

Digital overlay is just another way of saying image manipulation. The debunking of said images is a regular event on ATS, no need to go into further detail. As for the whys, why do people lie? For personal benefit. For the sheer thrill of it. Out of pathology. Take your pick, and it's a and/or situation.

Here's the thing, if you go to google earth, you can find this image yourself which means google would have needed to manipulate the image themselves.

There are other similar anomalies, in google earth itself the entire central atlantic fault line is jagged in geometric patterns, so yes, this could perfectly well be natural, if it is anything at all. There is a hexagonal rock formation just a few miles from my house, sacred geometry in nature produces such things, it's not without precedence.

True but going through google earth myself, I only found a few other anomalies like this around the entire planet. That doesn't mean anything, I'm just saying it's unique and interesting.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
If you have ever read Edgar Cayce on Atlantis, you know that he predicted a day in the future when part of Atlantis' far outer border would be found and on that day the Bimini Road was discovered off Andros Island.

The area in this find in this thread isn't far from Bimini - when I say isn't far I mean it isn't far if you remember that Cayce had said Atlantis wasn't just a city but a nation unto itself and was supposedly the size of a continent. What this find may be is a port city that sank when the Atlantean catyclism happened.

If you go this link and zoom out to where you can see the left side of Africa and the right side of the U.S. you can easily see what might cause an entire continent to vanish - there's a massive fault line running straight through the mountainous region underwater in a north/south direction.

Oddly enough, I believe what Cayce was seeing in his trance's to be genuine.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by sos37]

The foundation of the Bimini Road is already been founds yrs ago, Danicken wrote about it in one of his early books.

This picuture indeed looks like a mystery but ..... if you go to Google Earth and zoom in (zzomlevel either 100 mile or 50 mile), in the deepest level of the Ocean, West from Galway (Ireland) there is a similar structure to be found on the bottom of the Ocean. And it's much more huge then thois one .......

I dunno what it is ..... so let's sent a dive probe to search the area down there .. oh .. eh .. who's gonna pay for it??? Money?? Anyone?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
The mythology states that it did sink.

The same mythology also states that the area was impassable to ships as a result.

Its an interesting formation for sure and I'll love to see underwater footage but as usual we'll have to start nitpick into the myth of Atlantis and pick the things that "fit" so we can say "OMGITSREAL!". If only it had been near the surface, shaped like large island with apparent traces of cities including one giant circular one...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hello is my first time writing here something he he he...
Greetings to all... If it is not hoaxed could this be an Atlantean Outpost?
The Plato·s description is very clear! Circular shaped city with three water rings and a channel for ships in to the sea.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
just curious but does anyone know if plato gives the size of atlantis?

I've always found different myths to be fastinating as they all seem to have, at least some root in reality.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Then you have to explain why such a moderate population built such a massive artficial structure. I don't think your population density argument holds water. And your values in miles are roughly equivalent to mine in kms, one mile is 1.6kms.

You're right about it being interesting, but it's hardly unique, it's just a smaller fractal pattern of what we see around the fault lines. Now, the physics envolved in why they are as they are could be groundbreaking. Growing earth is one hypothesis I find interesting, since the fault lines seem to be symmetrical on both sides. The electric universe model could be relevant too. But I don't have a horse in this race, so I'll just stay a skeptical observer, although an interested one.

But I don't expect this, or other massive geometric structures that might come up to be man made. They are simply not in our scale.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
there are geometric formations throughout the ocean floor of the whole planet. Just go through it and you'll see... a good example of this is off the coast of California.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merkabah
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sorry if someone has posted this, found this... seems someone wanted to discredit it pretty quickly..

Well it's a lame attempt at it.

Lots of questions remain....

Like... Where else on google earth can we find sonar tracks with right angles and no intersections?

Why is this the only example of such an odd sonar tracking, if indeed it is that.

No, sonar tracking doesn't look like this... I, and others, have posted plenty of sonar tracking examples in this thread and NONE of them look like THIS.

Try again Daily Mail

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
hey guys first time post. i just want to know how a boat makes a perfect right hand turn like that over and over again, also those lines look pretty thick compared to the over all scale of this picture, they look like they could be up to a 1/4 mile thick. How big are these sonar units they are dragging at the bottom of the ocean and how come more of the ocean doesnt contain this grid like pattern?

Also if that ends up being sonar mapping that is not good for the ocean floor, look at how much damage that must of have done to the marine life in that area, i wasnt aware we were plowing the bottom of the ocean.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i agree HunkaHunka thats what i was thinking, you posted my exact question a minute before

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
have you seen the lines under the Barents sea ?... they look like there man made...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It's three and a half miles below the surface of the ocean!

Can anyone adequately explain how a city could end up that far below and that far away from a continental shelf without mentioning expanding earth, hollow earth, pole shifts, Nibiru, or 2012?

Or crab people...

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Nirgal]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join