It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Tunnels in Boston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't quite know if I'm putting this in the right forum, so feel free to move it if it's not. Anyway, I will be watching a show on the History Channel tonight called Cities Of The Underworld. Part of what they will talk about are these tunnel systems that were built in Boston by the Masons. It may well be that they will explain partly what the Masons were trying to accomplish by building them and also if they were used in Masonic Ceremonies. It will help explain things, including why the Masons had to stoop to such a level to keep their ceremonies and rituals secret. If anyone here at ATS can help shed further light on this subject, I am all ears.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Boston = Puritans = Masons

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip!

This is a great show, Cities of the Underwold. They recently backed up some of Jim Marrs statements (not him directly that was me connecting the dots) that a nuclear detonation occured in antiquity. Also intresting was finding the hidden templar buildings in Jersulam. Ugh, I'm not articulating well - don't feel well and am on Nyquil

I'll me watching tonight, thanks again.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I love that show! I'm actually watching right now.

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
Boston = Puritans = Masons

Masons come from all walks of life. There are more than just puritans in the Freemasons.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This was a pretty good episode. I'm glad that I not only took the time to watch it, but that I mentioned the show here on ATS, so that others could watch it and learn something about the masons that I hadn't learned before.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Didn't see it, can I watch online? .. I cannot fathom a reason other then the Revolutionary War that Masons would build tunnels like that (if indeed Freemasons built them?) .. I don't think it would have had anything to do with Rituals, as the Rituals kind of require a properly set up Lodge room, and could not possibly be done appropriately in a tunnel.

I would have to watch the show to give a better answer..

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Full episode on youtube. I think this is one of the first shows I've seen that leave out unsubstantiated rumour and inuendo and present Masonry historically and factually. Yes, there was a conspiracy and it's because of this conspiracy that you have the rights you all do! Masonry was the conduit that made the United States not only a possibility but a reality. Without which people of differing values and religious backgrounds could never have consolidated and built a secular society that gave everyone the right to worship as they please. Enjoy.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by solomanskey]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It seemed to be a interesting program, only caught the tail end of the show, last fifteen minutes.
I think saw it back when it originally aired, don't remember much of it from that show.
I came in at the part where they were talking about the Underground Railroad, and the Masonic involvement with helping to free slaves.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Only watched the first part tonight, but apparently I may be right in assuming it involved heavily on the Revolutionary War. I wouldn't even call the tunnels exclusively Masonic either.. I will watch the rest tomorrow though, love these programs.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Seems to kind of include some very slim mentions to Masonry.
Cool, over all, but I think the Initiation Degree was messed up.
The more I watched it, the more sensationalism gets stuck in.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes, the degree work in the show isn't accurate in the least. And I also agree that the tunnels aren't exclusively Masonic. Nor was the American revolution. However, Masonry was the guiding factor in deciding our form of government, and it was our Masonic first President that refused to be king so that America could be what he and other brothers wanted it to. They offered to make Washington a king! and he refused! what a shining example of the high morals, and high ethics imbued in those that belong in the fraternity.

top topics

join