It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope over Peanut Allergy 'Cure'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Hope over Peanut Allergy 'Cure'

news.bbc.co.uk

A group of children with peanut allergies have had their condition effectively cured, doctors believe.

A team from Cambridge's Addenbrooke's Hospital exposed four children to peanuts over a six-month period, gradually building up their tolerance.
By the end the children were eating the equivalent of five peanuts a day.

It is the first time a food allergy has been desensitised in such a way, although a longer-term follow up is now needed to confirm the findings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This could be huge news for many thousands of people around the globe.

Peanut allergies affect one in 50 young people in the UK and commonly cause breathing problems. Although at its most serious, it can lead to a potentially life-threatening anaphylactic shock.

(Source: original article)

That means there are several children with this condition in every school!

Great to hear some really good news. Let's hope the findings can be confirmed in further trials!

(Please flag to get the news out)

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19/2/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This isn't the first this has been tried (perhaps the first time for peanut allergies). My son had heavy allergies as a child and we went to an MD ear, nose and throat guy. He believed in this type of treatment and took my son off of a lot of foods, and gradually reintroduced them. He also had a series of sublingual drops he had to take. He was relieved of all of his allergies except the molds.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's clearly success stories like that that have led to this research.

This could be the beginning of the end of a nightmare for peanut allergy sufferers, though. (And no few have died, it has to be said.)

Let's hope.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Let LIKES Cure Likes....

Is the CornerStone Principal of Allergy ImmunoTherapy > First used via Traditional Injection ( Ouch ) Allergy SHOTs ...

BUT NOW….
> Allergy SHOTs ( Ouch ) > Have been Replaced by “Patient Friendly” Under-the-Tongue Allergy DROPs.

NOW …
> An Allergy Sufferers Offending Enviro Allergens are Identified via a Primary Care Dr. Allergy Blood Test

>Then Drug FREE > ALLERGY DROPs are Custom Formulated to Neutralize What the Patient is Allergic To Based on their Test Result.

Slowly over Time…
>FDA Approved Extracts of YOUR Offending Allergens are Increased

> ReCaliberating Your Immune System

> Neutralizing Your Allergy Disease at it’s SOURCE !

> Producing Lasting Allergy Relief, Health Benefits and most Importantly improved Quality of LIFE !

It will NOT be to Long ..
Before Allergy DROPs will be used to Neutralize FOOD Allergy.

For NOW > the SAME Enviro Allergy Test Blood Draw can be used to Identify YOUR Immediate & Delayed FOOD Allergy Sources

> THEN a Custom FOOD Allergy DIET Plan based on YOUR Test Result is generated for YOU to follow
> Suggesting FOODs to Eat, Not Eat, Restrict & ReIntroduce on a Controlled Basis .

Remember > STOP a LifeTime of Medicating Allergy Symptoms > While the Progression of Your Allergy Disease Continues / Exacerbates ..

Suggest… Visit your Prime Dr today and > Drop Your Allergies !

Best Health = Wealth Regards.

Stephen
Principal wwwDropYourAllergies.com

> Via YOUR Primary Care Dr. > Enviro & FOOD Allergy Testing > ImmunoTherapy Allergy DROPs CUSTOM Formulated to Neutralize What YOU Are Allergic TO Based on YOUR Allergy Test > CUSTOM FOOD Allergy DIET Plans Based on YOUR FOOD Test > Suggesting FOODs to Eat, Not Eat, Restrict & ReIntroduce.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My daughter was allergic to nuts and also had severe cedar allergies. i took her to see a doc that did Neuro-Modulation Technique (NMT) and Kinesiology. She got thru cedar season with flying colors no problems at all. she won't eat peanuts b/c she seems to have already developed a psychological aversion to them b/c of her past severe allergy reactions to them. BUT when i tested her and spread some peanut butter on her back she had no reaction at all. before seeing this doctor she would break out in blisters and hives when coming in contact with the stuff. i know this b/c she had several episodes in school/day care where other kids have peanut butter and then touched her and she would break out. it WAS that bad........

edit: he also put her on a diet to rid her of candida and she take probiotics regularly now.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by azurite]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
They tried this therapy on me back in the late 50's and it didn't work!
If I eat peanuts or any nut or extract of same I go into anaphalactic shock depending how much I accedently ingest. These DR.'s better keep close tabs on the kids while they treat them! Its dangerous!
Zindo

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

That's a good illustration of how serious a problem this can be.

reply to post by azurite

Sounds like a rare success story. Maybe we can now hear a lot more in future.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is the same theory with allergy shots. Well when they gave me the allergy shots I had such a severe reaction I ended up taking an ambulance. I agree it is dangerous.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Holy Cow! That sounds like Russian roulette.

(With a medic pulling the trigger.)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Our 6 year old has nut allergies. it will be interesting to see the long term followup on this

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've been told by more than one Alergist that its just one type of protien that is the problem with most people. With me its every type of nut there is. I can't tell you how many times I have been nearly killed in restaurants because they don't tell you whats in the entre's they cook. Even if you ask, they sometimes don't know because they buy some food preprocessed and its not marked in the ingredients so be carefull out there with your kids. Its the deserts that will be harmfully suspect in most cases. Take that info from a 60 year sufferer!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

join