It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'July 7 Suicide Bomber' Lessons Scrapped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

'July 7 Suicide Bomber' Lessons Scrapped

news.sky.com< br />

But a later module focuses specifically on the July 7 bombings and the impact on different communities in Britain.

It suggests students could: "Prepare a brief presentation on the 7/7 bombings from the perspective of the bombers."

The resource also suggests pupils could look at the attacks from the perspective of Muslims in Britain, non-Muslim Asians in Britain and other Britons in general.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalize it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just saw this on the morning papers run on BBC news 24, the sky link is the only one i can find right now.

I cant really see the benefits of making children think like bombers, especially those of 7/7, have they done anything like this in the states, i find it quite shocking especially over the past year or so the 'peace' forces have been focussing on home brew terrorists.

To me this is a potential stepping stone for any impresionable/misleadable/'lost' child for them to use this 'urged' perspective in later life to retaliate against the Big Brother/Orwellian society that is erecting its self all around us across the entirety of the world.

Not only that, but think of it on the basis of sex education in the UK, it's done nothing to reduce the number of teenage pregnancies, std infections and so on yet they still push on with it like its the solution when in reality its the cause, rather catalyst to the existing problem, could this approach relating to terrorism not have the same potential as that of the failed sex education system, brewing 'terrorist' thoughts in our children from a young age.

Thoughts and opinions?

news.sky.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19/2/2009 by phushion]

[edit on 19/2/2009 by phushion]

[edit on 2/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I actually think that it is not such a bad idea, it opens up the mind of the child to how the world is a different place viewed through another's eyes. I remember for history GCSE having to do something similar with the 'Storming of the Golden Temple'. I realise that the events of '7/7' are more contemporary, but I still think as a mental exercise it is more positive than negative. And I doubt very much that many children will become terrorists through this exercise, but they may, if we're all lucky, become freedom fighters.

new topics

join