It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whose vehicle was this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Was sitting at the gas station here in town waiting for my daughter to come out. I heard a vehicle coming which sounded like it was moving pretty quick. I glanced up and saw what appeared to be a hummer painted an army green with yellow words on the side and lights on top. All I caught of the words was Public Safety there was a word under it but I couldnt make it out before they passed. 2 dark colored suburban type vehicles with tinted windows moving at the same rate of speed as the first. Mind you this is a 30mph zone and I would guess they were doing 45. When my daughter came out we headed in that direction but was unable to locate them so we turned around. On the way back we had 3 state police pass us with lights on headed in the direction we just came from.
I just found it odd. Never seen the vehicle before and none of us here can figure it out. We are in a city of no more than 11,000 and have seen increased police presence in the last 2 weeks which we have also discussed at lengths.
Anyone have any clues?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mommy4life

All I caught of the words was Public Safety

Anyone have any clues?

Public Safety..?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

Public Safety..?

Yeah...... is that bad??

And just to add all I was wondering is who this vehicle belonged to. I figured someone on here might have seen one or knew what department it comes out of. Not looking for a conspiracy but figured this was the best place to post it.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by mommy4life]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Going to need some details as to where this happened and some hints as to what they might have been heading towards. Any nuclear power plants in that general direction...etc.

Otherwise is would be kinda like saying you saw a yellow colored dog and asking what breed it was. Lab, shepherd-mix, chihuahua...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think the police you passed were most probably chasing the hummer for speeding? I live in a big city so I see things like that everyday but if you lived in a remote area ( as you hint you do) I think you can be forgiven for thinking something strange is going on when an unknown vehicle races past you, especially when it appears to be being chased by police. . .

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
We live in a pretty rural area. South Central Indiana. We have the Crane Naval Base about 20 minutes from here and our guards unit but other than that nothing else. Its normally a pretty quiet town other than the ones making meth in thier homes. The direction they were headed just leads to another small town. Of course I would have thought the police were chasing them also but the lights on top of the hummer and wording on the side threw me off.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I live in South Florida,- About 2 moths ago I was sitting at a red light and this Dodge Charger pulls up along side. The first thought was an unmarked cop car (they like Chargers here), but then I notice the bright lettering,- reminded me of how they decorate a security vehicle to resemble the appearance of law enforcement. There were two occupants, who were in their 20's and clearly getting a huge kick from the attention their vehicle was drawing.
What bothered me was why would a security company go through such great lenghts to portray themselves as something they are not,- they are serious wannabees, which could imply that the gov. has teemed up with a security company, financed them, told them to drive around periodicaly, and let the people see there is a new sherriff in town. Kinda scary that they may have locations in many states.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Geez, do you think it would be possible for you to give us a location?At least a state to start out.You mention increased police presence recently.
I would think there would be numerous people on this forum that could be of assistance but you really left out an important piece of information.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oops sorry I thought I put in there I am in south central Indiana
Thanks for pointing that out

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Eeep, please tell me they weren't heading north.....towards Indy.

As a life long resident of Indiana and an obcessive news watcher, I don't recall seeing any vehicles like you mentioned. I love a good investigation and I'll look into this. Please keep us posted as to if you see any stories, even if they don't mention these vehicles, in your local news that could be related. I'll do that part up here and also contact wthr.

Also, seriously, what direction were they traveling?

And when, exactly did this occur?

[edit on 2/19/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Maybe this was it?
Public safety hummer

Saint Marys college is in Indiana if I'm not mistaken. Are you near there?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Maybe this was it?
Public safety hummer

Saint Marys college is in Indiana if I'm not mistaken. Are you near there?

No that is not it. Looks smaller but could be the picture also. And there was no symbols on the side that I saw but I noticed them a bit late to catch all the details. The words were really big though and covered the whole side of it.

Also for Whisper67 they were headed south. Yes please let me know if you find anything out. I have been browsing things on the web but have yet to find anything like this. And I will keep my eyes on the local news.

Thanks for everyones help. It maybe nothing but peaked my curiousity

Forgot to add that no we are not anywhere near that college. Closet college is IU. Not even sure I have ever heard of the other one.

[edit on 2/19/2009 by mommy4life]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Okay, now I think you may have stumbled upon something seriously.

I went to the source and called the towns (omitted for privacy of original poster - they u2ud me with exact town location) police department with some seriously curious results.

The police stated they were not aware of any yellow hummer public saftey vehicles in the state, as I had previously stated.

They also stated at the time, 7pm hour, they had no serious disturbances in the area.

Finally, and this is the most curious part, they told me if I found out anything to please let them know!!! My jaw dropped on this one. I was a tad fearful they'd write me off as a looney but I kept to the facts and do have a professional voice when it's needed. He did take me serious, he sounded like your typical good ol boy Hoosier and was competely believable. He even checked the run logs for last night - not a quick 'nothing to see here' response. He was 100% serious when he said if I found out why these vehicles were in his town, he wanted a call back.!

I thought it may have something to do with the police shooting in Jeffersonville that made CNN news but, that's quite a ways from your location. On CNN, they stated there were some men in a hotel being investigated for 'suspicious activity' (a bit vauge eh?) and when confronted, shot a few cops.

What does everyone make of this? Again, keep us updated on your local news and town murmurs. Curious indeed!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I know that in Texas, the Highway Patrol, Texas Rangers, Division of Emergency Management and various other Divisions are collectively listed under the title "Texas Department of Public Safety". I would suspect that wherever you are, this may possibly explain what you saw.

In the many years I have spent working in natural disaster cleanup around the USA, I have seen a wide range of vehicles of many colors (hummers included) show up in the area we were in working in. There have been several storm events around the country recently, perhaps these trucks were on the way to or from such a event???

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Isn't the plant where hummers are made in Mishawaka, Indiana? Could it have been a new test version or something?

Alos, many many police forces are adding hummers to their inventory. This could have just been one used by the local police.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The department of Public safety in Indiana is divided into three groups.
Law Enforcement-cops
Health and safety response-fire dep, ems. etc
Other-animal control, road maint, salt trucks, etc

Within any of these three groups, there is a potential for a four wheel drive vehicle like a hummer or any other vehicle when you get right down to it.

Virtually the same with minor deviations in any state.

So, relax.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
Okay, now I think you may have stumbled upon something seriously.

I went to the source and called the towns (omitted for privacy of original poster - they u2ud me with exact town location) police department with some seriously curious results.

The police stated they were not aware of any yellow hummer public saftey vehicles in the state, as I had previously stated.

They also stated at the time, 7pm hour, they had no serious disturbances in the area.

Finally, and this is the most curious part, they told me if I found out anything to please let them know!!! My jaw dropped on this one. I was a tad fearful they'd write me off as a looney but I kept to the facts and do have a professional voice when it's needed. He did take me serious, he sounded like your typical good ol boy Hoosier and was competely believable. He even checked the run logs for last night - not a quick 'nothing to see here' response. He was 100% serious when he said if I found out why these vehicles were in his town, he wanted a call back.!

I thought it may have something to do with the police shooting in Jeffersonville that made CNN news but, that's quite a ways from your location. On CNN, they stated there were some men in a hotel being investigated for 'suspicious activity' (a bit vauge eh?) and when confronted, shot a few cops.

What does everyone make of this? Again, keep us updated on your local news and town murmurs. Curious indeed!

Thanks! Yes it is the good ole boy network down here
They are a great bunch of guys though. I will keep my eyes and ears open. I also got in touch with a friend who is an officer in a smaller town closer to here and he also had no clue as to what it could have been. And thanks again for the digging you have done!

Oh and here is about the Jeffersonville shooting I guess it was over drugs.

Jeffersonville Cpl. Dan Lawhorn and Patrolman Keith Broady underwent surgery for gunshot wounds and were in stable condition Friday at a Louisville, Ky., hospital.

Police say they were shot at the door of a motel room Thursday while investigating reports of illegal drug activity. Police say drugs and two pipe bombs were found in the room.

[edit on 2/20/2009 by mommy4life]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Oh, yea those are part of the civilian security force created by the new administration. I have seen a few of them. They are just getting started and eventually more information will be released and we will see more of them. They are to be comprised of only non-white males in order to create jobs for oppressed. I'm so happy Obama won.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Are you being fecious? Seriously....civilan security force....uh, what for? You are joking right...

top topics

join